• 1224 posts
  • Local time: 09:10 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CO
  • Camper Brand:NUWA Hitch Hiker 29.5FKTS
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500HD D/A
  • Name (Public):Bill

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:16 PM

Snowriver praise!

I am sure there will a couple of guys come in and flame that post (and most of us know who that will be) or it may be deleted because it had a statement from the owner quoted in it.

Northern Colorado

#2 OFFLINE   sasha_j

sasha_j

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 PM
  • Interests:I live in the east but travel the west.<br /><br />Interests:<br />Our new Truck and Camper<br />Dirt Bikes and ATVs<br />Planning new trips<br />Hiking, Skiing, X-Country, Beach, Kayaking, Biking<br />HDTV and AV Design<br />Computers
  • Camper Brand:Snow River 8'10"
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-350 SRW
  • Name (Public):sasha_j

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:21 PM

Amazing rebuild job Jagger did. Nice to see the exceptional level of support from SR too.............

#3 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12484 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:09 PM

After being constantly flamed on rv.net, I somehow feel vindicated. Hopefully it will shut up Beachbum, suds54, & all the others who jump on me everytime I mention Snowriver or Snowbird.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#4 OFFLINE   blulund

blulund

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 342 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 AM
  • State/Province or Region:North Dakota
  • Interests:Elk and Mule Deer Hunting, Walleye fishing, & Golden Retrievers
  • Camper Brand:2007 37REB Escalade by K-Z
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F350 King Ranch dually crew cab
  • Name (Public):Bob Martin

Posted 10 February 2005 - 05:17 PM

Paul,

I know they flame you pretty bad on Rv.Net but I want this post to be the opposite of flaming, whatever that is called. I owe you a debt of gratitude because it was through one of your posts that I found out about the command seating that SR offered. When I saw the picture of the command seats, I was in love and I knew I wanted one of these campers. I looked at Alpenlite with their rollover couch and even made an offer on one in Monticello MN, thankfully that dealer scoffed at my offer and I went on my merry way. I also looked at Lance with thier couch option but I still came back to SR and the command seats. FedAgent confirmed their comfort through a couple of pm's through RV.Net and I was sold. So Paul, thanks again for your outspokeness.

Bob Martin
"May I be half the man my dog thinks I am!!!"

Kota the Golden Retriever, rescued on 9-19-2009
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch, DRW, 6.0 Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab, Copper with Arizona Beige accents
2007 Escalade by K-Z 37 REB fifth wheel
2001 Sportcraft 25 ft Sportfish

#5 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

You're very welcome. I know I've been instrumental in 3 or 4 people, at least, buying a Snowriver. I would not recommend a camper, I would not buy myself, & I will rectify that oversight just before the wife retires. As far as taking heat is concerned, I consider Bob M a good friend & that is what friends are for.

At least if I get flamed here, I'm the admin, I can go in & edit their post. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#6 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Local time: 10:10 AM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:45 PM

I have to disagree a little bit here, I enjoy reading the posting of beachbum and stud54 and a couple of others. To me, their posting on the RV net seem comical, in a pathetic way, perhaps it is jealousy. You say one word about Snowriver or Snowriver Bob and they let the attack dogs out, say something ageist their brand of camper and it's like you came out against God, motherhood and apple pie. A quick review of their postings will show you what I mean. I know Paul has thick skin and I also enjoy reading the posting after he has stirred up the hornet's net with a Snowriver comment or a NATCOA offering. Keep it up Paul, I think we are wearing them down.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#7 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:59 PM

Looks like admin is getting annoyed over there. So I'm asking everyone to curb the links & references to this forum for awhile. Once we get the main NATCOA website up, we can ask people to include the logo in their signatures, they will then find the forum through the main site. Northstar has put up a link on their main website. If the other manufacturers do the same, people will find this through those, without needing Rv.net as a pipeline.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#8 OFFLINE   westended

westended

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 01:10 PM

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:03 AM

Dear Paul
I am very "very" new here. Probably speaking too soon. But you can not fault some RV.Net members for protecting their website. I do not know the reason for it, but look what happened to IRV2.Com ( Slide In and Lance sections ) DRIFTWOOD at best. I'm surprised that the powers that be allow a link to this site. (However I'm glad I found it)

I too have raise my eyebrow on occasion when some one has asked a question about another camper or product and see a posting steering him/her towards a SR. I even poked fun at SR in one of my postings over "there".

With that said, unless this is cult, all forty employees at SR are paid to post rave reviews, or you have multible screen names I can clearly see that many many people are convinced of what they say. I myself would love to see what all the raving is about and am interested in buying a SR. More due to Fedagent and Mr Mehrer himself. Both sent me nice emails about SR. Thank you guys.

I guess what I am saying is, step inside their shoes and take a look.

JMHO
Ed

#9 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 15 February 2005 - 08:07 AM

Welcome aboard westended,and............Well said !!
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#10 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:19 AM

I don't think Rv.net has anything to worry about, I very much doubt they will go the way of irv2.net. This forum has a different mandate from that one. I still post there as often as I ever did, & it seems so does everyone else. I'm even willing to add the rv.net logo to this forum if they wish. However I did receive a PM from Admin over there asking me to remove the link in my sig this morning, so we have obviously attracted attention. BeachBum seems to have personal vendetta against me for some reason I have been unable to figure out & I wonder if he had a hand in it. I hope not, I sent him a PM & asked him to bury the hatchet & stop the silliness. I have absolutely nothing against him. It would be interesting to know if the 10's of others posting there with the NATCC logo in their sigs are getting PM's or whether it was just me. That link will indirectly lead people here anyway. Once the main NATCOA web site is up & running, we will produce alog with the URL at the bottom that people can use as signatures.

As far as SR posters are concerned, it's obvious by Jaggers experience, they deserve all the Kudo's they get. They may not be any better built than say as Bigfoot or Northern Lite, but its the accesability of them & the service that sets them apart. There is a post regarding Citation over there right now that illustrates the difference. They make a good camper as well, in fact Bob Mehrer of SR used to work for them & design their campers.

If you look in the Northstar section, you can see that they appear to be a company with a similar customer service to SR. Smaller companies like SR benefit from being like that. Look at how many on RV.net have bought one sight unseen as a result. When you have a product where everyone uses the same materials, appliances etc., you have to go the extra step to build a loyal customer base.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   Jagger

Jagger

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 07:10 AM

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:54 AM

Guess I better comment on this since I wrote that post.
I read some earlier post involving SR and did see why some would think it was a advertising ploy or some biasing by maybe employees or friends of SR. Being in the position that I was which was neither of the two (At the time) I felt that I could post a honest un-biased statement. In fact I really did not care of what anybody thought as I was only posting what I knew personally. No B.S! (Did I say that?)
I thought about what I was posting very carefully knowing about the previous arguements and I found that the best way was to just post the exact truth which is why I quoted Bob's statements to the T. (Yes I asked him first)
If anyone ask about SR over there whether it be about quality or service I will still post the same thing, what I know personally backed up by proof!

P.S.
If I do get in any kind of arguement with anybody at least I'll be taking some heat off of Beddows! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In