• 2399 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 PM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Family first, Camping, Taking photos, Computers
  • Camper Brand:990 Artic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Paul & Kathy

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

Just a though as we all enjoy our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow we share this post with family and friends. Thou we are not all for the war we are all for our troops that are so bravely putting it all on the line for us. Also sounds like a good reason for a rally when they ALL come home <_<

2003 Dodge 4X4 DRW Cummins, 2015 Artic Fox 990, Tork Lift Tie downs, Fastguns, SuperHitch, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000x,Bodiak front end receiver, Honda EU2000, 15' Boston Whaler Classic,
Evenrude e-tec 50, Western WA. e-mail pktate@frontier.com
Famous Last Words: 'HOLD MY BEER....AND WATCH THIS'

#42 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 PM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 22 November 2007 - 08:02 AM

We've met the goal!!!

Thank you everyone for your support of this. Ryan called home yesterday and all of the knives have arrived in Iraq. The guys were so excited to receive them, even if the packets of hot chocolate packets in between them broke open. :)

Please don't forget to email me a picture of you, your camper, your dog, whatever, so that Karl can put together a photo collage to send to the guys over there and to post here or email direct to you. We have so much to be thankful for, especially today.

God Bless You All!

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#43 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Local time: 04:56 PM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

I am very, very proud of our NATCOA members and friends who stepped up to the plate to support Sally and Karl, their son Ryan and his Marine brothers. I am honored to be in a Club such as NATCOA that is so concerned and generous. Speaking for myself, all of you have given me a whole new meaning for the "Thanks" in Thanksgiving. This has been a great example of part of the definition of what our Club means and what we stand for.

I think our unofficial Club moto should be "We care for each other".

Larry :)
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#44 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 10:56 AM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 22 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

[quote name='FedAgent' date='Nov 19 2007, 12:29 PM' post='2904265']
I am very, very proud of our NATCOA members and friends who stepped up to the plate to support Sally and Karl, their son Ryan and his Marine brothers. I am honored to be in a Club such as NATCOA that is so concerned and generous. Speaking for myself, all of you have given me a whole new meaning for the "Thanks" in Thanksgiving. This has been a great example of part of the definition of what our Club means and what we stand for.

I think our unofficial Club moto should be "We care for each other".

Larry :)

As a director of the club, I second Larry's veiws. Not every one who participated agrees with the war. But all agree that the young men and women need our support, and a vote of thanks. I"m sure if it were up to them, they would rather be home camping. And a big thanks to Sally and Karl for allowing us the honor of showing our support in such a personal way.

Bob
Snowriver1

#45 OFFLINE   JerBear

JerBear

Founding Member

• Founder
  • 993 posts
  • Local time: 07:56 PM
  • Interests:Camping,fishing and generally having a good time!
  • Camper Brand:2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Jerry Gale

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:19 AM

While I certainly support the American armed forces in Iraq (if not the war) I would prefer to recognize my own countries efforts in Afghanistan. Does anyone have any ideas on how to support the tremendous job our Canadian soldiers,airmen & sailors are doing to help that war torn country?
JerBear

http://truckcampers.fanworks.org/kit_camper/images/4993956263_e150e3a2bc_z.jpg" />

2007 CITATION SUPREME 10'8" Truck Camper,TORKLIFT Fast Guns,COOPER LTX M/S LT215/75R16-E,TORKLIFT SUPER HITCH, TORKLIFT Tie Downs, REESE Front Hitch,,HONDA EU2000i Generator, RANCHO RS9000X Shocks, SUPER SPRINGS,2x100 Watt Solar Panel w/MPPT Controller,2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500 DRW Extended Cab Truck,Duramax/Allison
Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT......SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

#46 OFFLINE   redgreen

redgreen

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 478 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 PM
  • Interests:Geocaching Camping
  • Camper Brand:1998 Citation 10.5
  • Truck Make & Model:2002 F 350 SC Dually

Posted 25 November 2007 - 09:23 AM

While I certainly support the American armed forces in Iraq (if not the war) I would prefer to recognize my own countries efforts in Afghanistan. Does anyone have any ideas on how to support the tremendous job our Canadian soldiers,airmen & sailors are doing to help that war torn country?
JerBear

My thoughts to does anyone have any ideas.
2002 F350 7.3 Power Stroke Lariat Dually
1998 10.5 Citation
Lone Butte B.C.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Honda EU2000i
2 Goldens Julie and Freya

#47 OFFLINE   suds54

suds54

Poster

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 PM
  • Camper Brand:Bigfoot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge3500

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:05 AM

My thoughts to does anyone have any ideas.

Contact your local Legion Branch http://bcyuk.legion.ca/node/7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In