• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Local time: 02:35 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wyoming
  • Interests:Harleys and Horses
  • Camper Brand:Snowriver
  • Truck Make & Model:'03 Ford F350 CC SRW

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

Looking at upgrading campers and needing to stay around the 9' range as I tow behind. Anyone have any experience or seen the new Adventurer 93FDS model? Any concerns with the Adventurer brand?

Appreciate any comments on this...

Tom

2003 SRW F350 PSD, Banks Exhaust, 50 hp DP Tuner, ATS turbo housing, AFe Stage II intake.
2007 Snowriver 8'10" w/Polar Cub AC, 19.5" Rickson w/Toyo M608Z

#2 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12477 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

I have a 90FWS (up for sale). I have been pretty happy with it, but it is a mid range quality camper. Good bang for the buck, but I'm moving up to a Snow River.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#3 OFFLINE   pslocum

pslocum

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • State/Province or Region:NH
  • Interests:Travel
    Fishing , Salt and Fresh water
    Hunting. upland game
    Camping anywhere
  • Camper Brand:2005 Adventurer 90 RDS
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevy 3500 DRW Duramax Diesel
  • Name (Public):Phil

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:12 PM

I saw one at a dealer here in NH it's a very nice looking camper! I was very impressed with the new bumper and steps that they have added. I have a 2005 90RDS and like it very much, I think I would like the new 93FDS even more. it's got more space in the bath and a full wall slide. :D

Phil
2005 Chevy 3500 DRW 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2005 Adventurer 90RDS
2001 Lund 1675 50 hp honda[/b]

#4 OFFLINE   Harleycb

Harleycb

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Wyoming
  • Interests:Harleys and Horses
  • Camper Brand:Snowriver
  • Truck Make & Model:'03 Ford F350 CC SRW

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

Thanks -

PigPen - would love a snowriver, but after talking to Bob, I would have to get a 10'6" custom built to get a 6' bed in the dinnette (got a growing kid!), and with towing horses behind our camper, that's just too big.

pslocum - thanks for the response, I would love to see one, but at this time the nearest dealer is in Oregon (with me in Wyoming - simply too far). I'm headed to make a round of the Montana dealers in a few weeks, and they have other models in stock to give me an idea of how the Adventurer brand looks.

Tom

2003 SRW F350 PSD, Banks Exhaust, 50 hp DP Tuner, ATS turbo housing, AFe Stage II intake.
2007 Snowriver 8'10" w/Polar Cub AC, 19.5" Rickson w/Toyo M608Z

#5 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

Tom not trying to change your mind but while you are in Montana be sure and take a look at the S&S great campers and a great company. Truck Camper Magazine did a great write up about them http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#6 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 01:35 AM
  • Camper Brand:adventurer 90fws
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge 2500

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:33 PM

Looking at upgrading campers and needing to stay around the 9' range as I tow behind. Anyone have any experience or seen the new Adventurer 93FDS model? Any concerns with the Adventurer brand?

Appreciate any comments on this...

Tom

Hi Tom

We now have our 4th truck camper. I am not familiar with the 93 FDS. But I personally would put the Adventurer wood frame camper up against any I have seen. I have looked at the way its constructed and braced and the workmanship seems to be very good. I personally would stay away from fibreglass exterior. I have looked at a lot of older campers and it seems to age much worse than an alum. skin. I know there are a lot of good truck campers with other materials. Some of the larger fibreglass and composite exteriors are very nice but I have also seen a few with stress cracks Then on the other hand you don't know how this might have been done and under what conditions. I may be a little old fashioned but on a frame type camper I like an alum. roof. I also believe the best way to keep a truck camper (whatever type it is) looking good and lasting many years is to keep it in an enclosed space or keep it waxed and caulked very well. I have an 87 model Starcraft camper alum skin and alum roof that is now 20 years old and still looks very well. We also have an adventurer that we have purchased recently with the same skin and roof. Over the years we have had 3 travel trailers, 2 popups, 4 truck campers, and camped with 2 children a tent and a Volkswagen. My observation is that many new wood framed campers have a lot of particle board bracing, and some appear to have even flooring with this material. I also am basing my opinion on 35 plus years of Construction experience

Have a good day Tom and may God bless you and yours
David

One other point I might make is repair, if you do take a hit or run into an obstacle the wood frame alum. skin is more readily repairable. I know many folks will disagree with my observation but this is the way I see it.

#7 OFFLINE   Ridahog

Ridahog

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Camper Brand:07 Adventurer 93FDS
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F250 4/4 PowerStroke w/banks system
  • Name (Public):David

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:37 AM

I just purchased a new 07 93FDS and started having problems immediately (1st month). First the slide out shifted and rubbed against the rear window blinds. Brought it in for repair. They made some adjustments, but could not get it back to where it should be. When I went to pick up camper, noticed floor sagging near back door. Upon examination determined that someone had cut a 12" X 12" hole in the floor. They than put it back in place by screwing 1 X 2 boards under it. Dealer said they did not do it and it must have been done at the factory. I was about to leave camper at dealer's repair shop, but dealer said that factory will come to my house and pick up camper and take it to Washington for repair. Apparently Adventurer has merged with Apenlite and are no longer in Canada. I took the camper on my first trip and twice I had to pull over because slide came out about an inch. Not sure if this is related to aforementioned problem with slide.

I told the dealer that I am expecting the factory to fix all the problems with the camper or they can keep it. Not sure what is going to happen. I have two more local camping trips before I call them to come get it and have no idea where we will go from there.

David :1056:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In