Posted Image

Rest stop in Wyoming

Posted Image

07/03/07

KOA in Rawlins Wyoming

Posted Image

KOA in Rawlins Wyoming

Posted Image

07/05/07 Well after traveling over 1100 miles up I15 and east on I80 I finally saw another LD, a red one with a toad traveling west on I80 near Laramie Wyoming, I flashed my lights and waved, I think they saw me. Arrived in Sidney Nebraska and am at Cabalas World Headquarters retail store and campground. it is a great campground with full hookups and grassy space between the sites. The big downfall is NO WiFi, went to the store and filled out a customer suggestion card asking them to put it in. Nice store, didn't buy anything, guess I have everything I'll ever need, NOT.

Campsite at Cabelas Posted Image

Posted Image

07/06/07 Went to a super Wal-Mart just a few blocks away and stocked up with some essential needed for the Ogallala TC Rally and show. George and Vi (xnorp) are here and we will have dinner together tonight then head out tomorrow to the rally.

Dinner with George & Vi Posted Image

07/07/07 NATCOA Truck Camper rally, arrived 12:30 and checked into site #3 right by the lake, it's about 90 here with some humidity, feels muggy to me. Wonderful view of the lake from the LD windows, gotta love the size of these windows. Larry and Irene are here with their new 26.5TK. we were both TC owners and have both switched over to LD, we are the talk of the Truck Camper Rally….

Campsite in Ogallala

Posted Image

Posted Image

07/08/07 NATCOA Truck Camper rally. Attended a fly fishing class given by the local flyfishing club, Big Mac Fly fishers, they also served us lunch! This was my first time ever, did ok. They also had a fly tying class; I made 3 flies that looked pretty good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#2 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 12:18 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the update, Jerry. Glad to hear the fly tying clinic went well. :rolleyes:

Keep the reports coming!

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#3 OFFLINE   jimandsue60

jimandsue60

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the update, Jerry. Glad to hear the fly tying clinic went well. :rolleyes:

Keep the reports coming!

Thanks for the update Jerry, we should be there around noon on monday.

Jim
2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD, 2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2 with a 2006 Four Wheel camper tc Our Pictures

#4 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

Founding Member - Former Director

• Founder
  • 1695 posts
  • Local time: 01:18 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Lazy Daze 30IB
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:13 PM

well, 10 minutes ago the wind came up (really strong), lightning, thunder, guess we are going to have a storm tonight.

cYa Monday Jim & Sue

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#5 OFFLINE   Kodiak K99

Kodiak K99

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 AM
  • Interests:Camping/Golfing/Water Skiing
  • Camper Brand:Kodiak
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 3500 Dodge 6.7 Cummins 4x4 Dually
  • Name (Public):Mike

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

Great update Bud in the LD. Loved the photos.
Carefull how you spoil Vie and George at your supper table. Good food and too much floor space and we could be losing another TC family.
Pass a hello on to Xnorp for us.
Keep us updated and hope the wind is kind to you guys.
Take care
Mike
2007 3500 Dodge Cummins 6.7 4x4 Dually
SuperHitch and Torklift Tie Downs
2002 Kodiak K99 Camper...3100 lbs mt, 13500 BTU A/C
5x8 Continental Cargo Trailer
Honda EM2500 Gen
Ski Supreme Competition Ski Boat

#6 OFFLINE   JerBear

JerBear

Founding Member

• Founder
  • 985 posts
  • Local time: 04:18 AM
  • Interests:Camping,fishing and generally having a good time!
  • Camper Brand:2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Jerry Gale

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:44 PM

Hi Jerry With A "J"
Thanks for the update. Say hi to Vi & George for us. What are you doing with all that extra room Jerry?? Where is Gidget?? Bet she preferred the truck camper eh!! :) :tongue0013: !!
JerBear

http://truckcampers.fanworks.org/kit_camper/images/4993956263_e150e3a2bc_z.jpg" />

2007 CITATION SUPREME 10'8" Truck Camper,TORKLIFT Fast Guns,COOPER LTX M/S LT215/75R16-E,TORKLIFT SUPER HITCH, TORKLIFT Tie Downs, REESE Front Hitch,,HONDA EU2000i Generator, RANCHO RS9000X Shocks, SUPER SPRINGS,2x100 Watt Solar Panel w/MPPT Controller,2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500 DRW Extended Cab Truck,Duramax/Allison
Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT......SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

#7 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

• Founder
  • 1695 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:59 PM

07/15/07 Well the truck camper show is over. It was a success as noted by the manufacturers that attended. Met some new folks from the web, saw some old friends from last year. I had a great time while there, it was a little warm and humid, but then it's Ogallala Nebraska in July. Did some fishing, got some baby perch and hooked a walleye but he snapped my 2lb test line….Started heading west towards Deary Idaho, stopped at Robinson State Park in Nebraska, a historical site where in 1868 a treaty guarantees Sioux and other tribes food and supplies for land ceded to the US Red Cloud Agency. In 1955 the first parcel of land for Fort Robinson State Park is acquired by Game and Parks commission.

Posted Image the Nebraska farmlands along US20

Posted Image camping with cows at Robinson State Park.

07/16/07 Driving scenes in Wyoming

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Arrived in Dubois Wyoming at the KOA, nice park, they were full but gave me a spot on the grass with electric. There was a cowboy chuck wagon dinner served with a cowboy singer for entertainment

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a really big Posted Image

07/17/07 Headed to the Tetons, but, after 20 miles of road construction then finally getting on paved roads I hear this funny noise, almost like a tire starting to separate but not quite, slowed down and the noise was still there. This is a two lane road, no shoulders, but after a ¼ mile of this noise I see a wide spot on the left, crossed over and stopped. After a walk around the rig I see a trail of oil leading back to the road and under the rig. I look under and there is a giant puddle of oil (actually hydraulic fluid and looking further I see this big thingy on the ground. Well, it's the pump and reservoir for the leveling jacks held on by just the hydraulic lines. So I get out my cell phone (had a signal, knock wood) and called AAA, they responded by telling me in ½ hour a truck would be there to help me. 2 ½ hours later he shows up and uses bailing wire to tie it to the frame. I then drive 30 miles to the next town and found a welding shop (recommended by the truck driver) to get some brackets made, well they are busy till Thursday, but they call another welder and he could see me today. I drive another 25 miles to his place, he crawls under and sez no way can he work on this. He then offered to use some real wire to hold it up, spent 30 minutes under my rig re-tying the pump up. I asked what I owe him and he sez nothing! Wow, what a great guy.

Posted Image view of the road construction

Posted Image more construction

Posted Image traffic in Jackson Wyoming

Posted Image broken Lazy Daze with a view, notice oil trail leading to the right rear.

I am now in Alpine Wyoming at Greys River Cove RV Park with WiFi. Gonna sleep good tonight I hope.

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#8 OFFLINE   jimandsue60

jimandsue60

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:28 PM

07/15/07 Well the truck camper show is over. It was a success as noted by the manufacturers that attended. Met some new folks from the web, saw some old friends from last year. I had a great time while there, it was a little warm and humid, but then it's Ogallala Nebraska in July. Did some fishing, got some baby perch and hooked a walleye but he snapped my 2lb test line….Started heading west towards Deary Idaho, stopped at Robinson State Park in Nebraska, a historical site where in 1868 a treaty guarantees Sioux and other tribes food and supplies for land ceded to the US Red Cloud Agency. In 1955 the first parcel of land for Fort Robinson State Park is acquired by Game and Parks commission.

Posted Image the Nebraska farmlands along US20

Posted Image camping with cows at Robinson State Park.

07/16/07 Driving scenes in Wyoming

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Arrived in Dubois Wyoming at the KOA, nice park, they were full but gave me a spot on the grass with electric. There was a cowboy chuck wagon dinner served with a cowboy singer for entertainment

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a really big Posted Image

07/17/07 Headed to the Tetons, but, after 20 miles of road construction then finally getting on paved roads I hear this funny noise, almost like a tire starting to separate but not quite, slowed down and the noise was still there. This is a two lane road, no shoulders, but after a ¼ mile of this noise I see a wide spot on the left, crossed over and stopped. After a walk around the rig I see a trail of oil leading back to the road and under the rig. I look under and there is a giant puddle of oil (actually hydraulic fluid and looking further I see this big thingy on the ground. Well, it's the pump and reservoir for the leveling jacks held on by just the hydraulic lines. So I get out my cell phone (had a signal, knock wood) and called AAA, they responded by telling me in ½ hour a truck would be there to help me. 2 ½ hours later he shows up and uses bailing wire to tie it to the frame. I then drive 30 miles to the next town and found a welding shop (recommended by the truck driver) to get some brackets made, well they are busy till Thursday, but they call another welder and he could see me today. I drive another 25 miles to his place, he crawls under and sez no way can he work on this. He then offered to use some real wire to hold it up, spent 30 minutes under my rig re-tying the pump up. I asked what I owe him and he sez nothing! Wow, what a great guy.

Posted Image view of the road construction

Posted Image more construction

Posted Image traffic in Jackson Wyoming

Posted Image broken Lazy Daze with a view, notice oil trail leading to the right rear.

I am now in Alpine Wyoming at Greys River Cove RV Park with WiFi. Gonna sleep good tonight I hope.

We are not that far away Jerry, if we can help let us know.

Jim
2007 Winnebago Vectra 40TD, 2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2 with a 2006 Four Wheel camper tc Our Pictures

#9 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

• Founder
  • 1695 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:05 PM

07/18/07 well, my trusty gps took me to a wrong address in Idaho Falls, but on the way to the wrong place I notice a hydraulic shop so I stopped there on my way to find the RV dealer. The shop removed the pump, capped all the lines, marked them with tags as to where they go, tied up all the lines and wires, cleaned up the removed pump, all for $60.00, so I am back on track on the road.

Posted Image Posted Image

Camped in Salmon Idaho, cute campground, had WiFi but not at my site *sigh*.

Posted Image Century II campground in Salmon

Posted Image Salmon River right next to the campground

Posted Image Downtown Jackson Wyoming

Posted Image Alpine campground

Posted Image Posted Image Leadore Idaho

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image on the road

07/19/07 Arrive Three Rivers Campground in Lowel, ID right on the Lochsa river, nice campground with WiFi. It was a beautiful drive on the 93 north then the 12 west which followed the Lochsa River the whole way.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#10 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:34 PM

sorry to here about the problems your haveing..but it was great seeing you again jerry and keep up the great pictures...

Ddan
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#11 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:00 AM

Jerry, thanks for the photos of Leadore, ID, my summer home for 3 years. The campground was to the south and west of the town, about 30 miles away, including 8 miles that went straight up the mountain. The U.S. Forest Service office and the little town had some really nice people, and I must say, that I miss them. Sorry for you aftermarket problems with the Lazy Daze. I am just relieved it was not something Ed made. We are on the North Shore of Lake Superior at Two Harbors. MN. Great RV park, our rear window looks out onto the Lake. Cool here, last two nights Irene had had to bring a blanket to cover herself. Today will be about 70 degrees, low tonight will be about 55-60 degrees. Hard to think that sometime I will have to turn south and return to the hot, sultry weather of south Texas.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#12 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Jerry for the pic ..it makes me want to travel ...it was good seeing you again......jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#13 OFFLINE   sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1975 posts
  • Local time: 07:18 AM
  • Interests:RV'IN', CAMPIN', SOCKEYE FISHIN' & JUST PLAIN HAVIN' FUN....
  • Camper Brand:CITATION SUPREME 26 RKS 5'TH WHEEL
  • Truck Make & Model:CHEVY SILVERADO K2500HD DURAMAX/ALLISON
  • Name (Public):STEVE

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:04 AM

Great pictures Jerry, keep 'em comin'. Hope to meet up with you in August somewhere on the OR coast (101)............................Steve...

#14 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

• Founder
  • 1695 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:22 AM

“sorry to here about the problems your haveing.. but it was great seeing you again jerry and keep up the great pictures... Ddan”

Dan, Pat, thanks to you for all the work you did, I had a great time at the rally/show! It was great seeing you again, may we meet on the road someday soon.

“Jerry, thanks for the photos of Leadore, ID, my summer home for 3 years. The campground was to the south and west of the town, about 30 miles away, including 8 miles that went straight up the mountain. The U. S. Forest Service office and the little town had some really nice people, and I must say, that I miss them. Sorry for you aftermarket problems with the Lazy Daze. I am just relieved it was not something Ed made. We are on the North Shore of Lake Superior at Two Harbors. MN. Great RV park, our rear window looks out onto the Lake. Cool here, last two nights Irene had had to bring a blanket to cover herself. Today will be about 70 degrees, low tonight will be about 55-60 degrees. Hard to think that sometime I will have to turn south and return to the hot, sultry weather of south Texas”

Larry, Irene, that sure is a pretty area, I can see why you went back for three years! I don’t know what I would have said to Ed if it was HIS problem, lol, I’ll wait till I get home to have the pump fixed and re-installed. My heart bleeds for you in the ‘cool weather’ it was 97 here in Idaho yesterday and no relief in site. Don’t you think you should cuddled a little more and keep Irene warm?

“Thanks Jerry for the pic .. it makes me want to travel ... it was good seeing you again...... jim”

Jim, Nancy, had a great time visiting with you. I’ll make a point to see you in January before/after Quartzsite if not there! I’ll be off-line for a week or so, take care.

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#15 OFFLINE   flakjacket

flakjacket

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 314 posts
  • Camper Brand:2007 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Silverado LT 3500 DRW 4X4
  • Name (Public):Ed

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

Hey Jerry
The pics look good. Looks like your on the road to nowhere. :) I wish I could just jump in the rig and go. If so I would have been at the show. I'll see what I can do for next year. I heard the chili wasn't up to snuff this time. What up? It's a good thing your hydraulic jack thing wasn't an engine deal, could have messed up the whole trip. I'll see ya down the road at another gathering.

Ed

2005 Silverado 3500 LT, CC DRW 4WD D/A, Ride-Rites, Rancho 9000, Supersprings, Line-X, XM Radio
2007 Lance 1181, Fastguns

#16 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3208 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:07 PM

Darn it, I knew that Bug Deflector was going to be too much weight for that wimpy class C! :)

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#17 OFFLINE   btggraphix

btggraphix

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1326 posts
  • Local time: 07:18 AM
  • Camper Brand:Lance/1191
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevy Kodiak (4500) GVW 18,250.

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hey Buster, nice pictures! Where'd you run into Doug Hackney with the Fuso? I'd love to check that thing out sometime. Did you get a chance to meet and talk with them? They'd be fun people to meet around a campfire...lots of stories and travels. Wish I could have been at the show. Next year I guess.
BT

You didn't get up towards Lemhi Pass did you? Probably not a great road for the big C, but it's a pretty neat area....where Lewis & Clark came through & Sacajawea was first reuninted with her tribe. Someday I hope to do a camping trip retracing their route.
2006 Lance 1191 - loaded, on 2005 Chevy Kodiak/4500 4WD. Average GVW 18,250 pounds not counting trailer.

#18 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

Budster - where are you now? Getting close to Marysville yet?

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#19 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

Budster will be in Spokane at our house today. He will have computer hook up here so he can give you all a run down on what he is doing. I think we will kidnap him for a few days or years. LOL LOL.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#20 OFFLINE   JerBear

JerBear

Founding Member

• Founder
  • 985 posts
  • Local time: 04:18 AM
  • Interests:Camping,fishing and generally having a good time!
  • Camper Brand:2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Jerry Gale

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

Budster will be in Spokane at our house today. He will have computer hook up here so he can give you all a run down on what he is doing. I think we will kidnap him for a few days or years. LOL LOL.
xnorp

Hi George and Vi,

Gee, Jerry and I sure wish we could join you two and Budster at your place! I bet Vi is preparing one of her feasts. Have a great visit and please give the other Jerry with a J our best. Glad to hear he has his rig up and running again.

Cheers! Paula and Jerry :D :lol:

http://truckcampers.fanworks.org/kit_camper/images/4993956263_e150e3a2bc_z.jpg" />

2007 CITATION SUPREME 10'8" Truck Camper,TORKLIFT Fast Guns,COOPER LTX M/S LT215/75R16-E,TORKLIFT SUPER HITCH, TORKLIFT Tie Downs, REESE Front Hitch,,HONDA EU2000i Generator, RANCHO RS9000X Shocks, SUPER SPRINGS,2x100 Watt Solar Panel w/MPPT Controller,2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500 DRW Extended Cab Truck,Duramax/Allison
Kingston, Nova Scotia, Canada

FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT......SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In