• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Local time: 07:59 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AB
  • Camper Brand:Bigfoot 2500 9.4 SB
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC K2500HD

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:10 PM

I hope I am not repeating someone else but here goes:

PLEASE make sure that ALL of the screws holding things on from the outside are caulked and are actually screwing into a solid substrate (instead of a 3/16" fibreglas shell).
:fing32:

#102 OFFLINE   karic

karic

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Local time: 05:59 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Interests:Family, fishing, camping, woodworking
  • Camper Brand:2009 Snowriver 9.6 "Collectors Edition"
  • Truck Make & Model:2003 F350 Extended Cab V10 Dually
  • Name (Public):2006 SeaRay 215 Weekender

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

I agree with Airshow Roy..............LED tail and marked lights should be standard equipment on all RV's and I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for the convenience and peace of mind.

Another idea I had (and I don't expect any manufacturer to follow suit) are my "Noggin Savers". Shortly after walking into the edge of my slide-out and getting a few stitches in my forehead, I visited my local dollar store and purchased one of those brightly coloured 5' foam floating tubes. I cut it into two 30" pieces then split each piece lengthwise with a razor knife into the hollow core. Now I have two bright yellow 4" padded sleeves that I slip over the fore and aft edges of my slide while it's out, and they're soft enough that they don't cause any damage if you forget them and retract the slide.

I've been using the same pair for four years and they're only now showing signs of fatigue.

As soon as I figure out how to add a photo, I'll post one of my little invention.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In