• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AB
  • Camper Brand:2000' 9'6 Snowbird
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 F350 DRW diesel
  • Name (Public):Joanne

Posted 05 February 2005 - 04:09 AM

We use to have a Bigfoot Camper (1500 shortbox series) and a Chevy Z71, 1/2 ton. Yes, we were probably over weight back then. :o

My husband wanted to go to the RV show and I said "Why do we want to go there for, as we have the nicest camper that I'd seen" That is until we walked into the show and a Snowbird camper was sitting right out front of one of the dealer displays and my eyes just about fell out of my head. I had never seen a camper with a slide and was impressed to say the least.

A dry bath, DSI, the quality fit and finsish and the slide were all enough to make us sell the Chevy and the Bigfoot and order a new Snowbird and a brand new F350.

So, going to that show costs us a heck of alot more that we had anticipated, but well worth it.

Just thought I'd share our our love at first site story.

#2 OFFLINE   ChopperBill

ChopperBill

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1224 posts
  • Local time: 11:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CO
  • Camper Brand:NUWA Hitch Hiker 29.5FKTS
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500HD D/A
  • Name (Public):Bill

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

Looked at a Snow and went in the office, signed an order and wrote a check. I consider my self to be a pretty informed shopper. After the deal was done I didn't even know what kind of roof it had or if it was wired for TV! Had to go look! Guess the dry bath and the slide out overwhelmed me to impulse buy. Jay at 5 Star told me he has had folks come in looking for something specific and saw the Snow and that was all it took. Yes I would guess it was Love at first sight!

Northern Colorado

#3 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12475 posts
  • Local time: 09:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 05 February 2005 - 09:35 PM

When I was shopping for campers in 2002, I looked at them all. I was on the lot at Fraserway when a work friend happened to come by & told me I should go look at Snowbirds (Canadian Snowrivers).

I did & was immediately impressed. When the dealer operate dth slide, I noticed it ws smooth & not jerky like the others I had seen. My wife loved that slide out cupboard next to the fridge.

I wasn't willing to fork over $30,000 Can at the time & I only had a 3/4 ton. Since meeting BM & becoming friends, I feel better about this camper than I did before. I will very likely change out my current one for one when the wife retires & I upgrsde the truck.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#4 OFFLINE   blulund

blulund

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 342 posts
  • Local time: 05:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:North Dakota
  • Interests:Elk and Mule Deer Hunting, Walleye fishing, & Golden Retrievers
  • Camper Brand:2007 37REB Escalade by K-Z
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F350 King Ranch dually crew cab
  • Name (Public):Bob Martin

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

In my case, it was love before first sight. I actually purchased my Snowriver sight unseen from Five Star Rv in Denver without ever having seen one. I was impressed by what I had heard on the RV.Net forum and with what I saw on the SR website. I also PM'ed FedAgent a couple of times about his unit and he was very helpful in what he had to say. I really like this camper and have seen none that compare to it yet. When I first saw mine when I arrived at Five Star I knew I had made the right decision and still feel that way today. I love the command seating and the ducted heat in the cabover, this unit is much warmer than my old Adventurer and much more comfortable on those long cold winter nights. The after purchase support from SR has been fantastic, I have sent Bob Mehrer numerous questions and comments and he always replies immediately. I called once to ask some electrical questions when he was in Yuma and everyone I talked to at the factory was very helpful, they seem like a great company.

Bob Martin
"May I be half the man my dog thinks I am!!!"

Kota the Golden Retriever, rescued on 9-19-2009
2006 Ford F350 King Ranch, DRW, 6.0 Powerstroke, 4X4, Crewcab, Copper with Arizona Beige accents
2007 Escalade by K-Z 37 REB fifth wheel
2001 Sportcraft 25 ft Sportfish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In