• Local time: 08:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:32 AM

Dear Mr. Snowriver1,

Not to worry. I plan to catch up with Brad and take some pictures of his kids.
Then post them on RV net so that we can talk about them.

Rich
:)

#22 OFFLINE   mjgcamper

mjgcamper

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1025 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 AM
  • Interests:Traveling/ camping boating in the highest mountains
  • Camper Brand:NL 10-2000
  • Truck Make & Model:2002 CTD
  • Name (Public):Mike

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:57 AM

I stopped going to RV.net because of the pissing matches. It makes for a very unpleasant read.

Ditto that.

I must admit I will read over there, but, I close out threads as soon as the same ole' starts up again. I also won't post anymore.

I think Reddog and Brad get along very well over there.
To go see the Northern lights, Alaska, Queen Charlot Islands, all of B.C., Alberta too, To travel every back road inside the American and Canadian Rockies. Not a 'Grand Potentate', just grand while in the mountains, fire going, bears all around, no work to do.

#23 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 04:54 AM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

[quote name='mar v' date='May 5 2007, 08:59 PM' post='2891684']
I am sure he was Bob, but that was an accident not abuse.

ABUSE:to use wrongly or improperly; misuse.

ACCIDENT:an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.

Mar V

Dear Mar V
If you are ever in Penticton, stop in at our factory and I will install wheels on the bottom of your jacks. I will send the bill to Host as this was obviously missed during production.

Bob
Snowriver1

#24 OFFLINE   mdw60

mdw60

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Local time: 10:54 AM
  • Interests:CAMPING WITH BOATING, FISHING, HIKING AND BIKING
  • Camper Brand:05' Snowriver 10.2
  • Truck Make & Model:02 Chevy crewcab dully 6.0
  • Name (Public):Mark

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:56 AM

Bob & Mar V,

Wheels on the jacks??? I will pee on my pants if I have one on....
Is it to help move the camper around?
Or am I way off the point of what I'm thinking? :)
Sorry a dummy here!!!!!!

'05 Snowriver 10.2
'78 Mitchell 9.5 (sold)
'02 Tracker Pro Angler 16

#25 OFFLINE   sooty1234

sooty1234

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 887 posts
  • Local time: 09:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Camper Brand:Retro 177se
  • Truck Make & Model:Colorado
  • Name (Public):Jim

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:25 AM

[quote name='Snowriver1' date='May 9 2007, 11:27 AM' post='2891710']
[quote name='mar v' date='May 5 2007, 08:59 PM' post='2891684']
I am sure he was Bob, but that was an accident not abuse.

ABUSE:to use wrongly or improperly; misuse.

ACCIDENT:an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.

Mar V

Dear Mar V
If you are ever in Penticton, stop in at our factory and I will install wheels on the bottom of your jacks. I will send the bill to Host as this was obviously missed during production.
Bob

Dear Bob,
Wheels for those of us who forget to raise our jacks and put the rear steps up, and auto retract slide outs for those of us who have tried to knock down mail boxes. Bob can take care our problems. Thanks for those innovative and novel ideas.
Jim

"It ain't what a man knows that gets him in trouble. It's what he thinks he knows, but just ain't so!" Will Rogers.

#26 OFFLINE   pando

pando

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing
  • Camper Brand:2005 Okanagan 811SL
  • Truck Make & Model:2008 Ford F350 6.4 PSD Short Box
  • Name (Public):Peter Malone

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

I think I've said it before when this topic comes up. When you live in a small town, no matter who you are, you tend to be more cordial knowing you will be seeing the people you meet at another time. In a big city, people tend to blow oneanother off more often because of the anominity of the larger masses.

I see NATCOA and RV.net in the same way.

A good point. I've always said that with any forum you have to select what you want to read and ignore the rest. The Internet is full of people who can say things they would not dare say to your face, and remain anonomous.
2008 F350 6.4L PSD, 2005 Okanagan 811SL

#27 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

[quote name='mdw60' date='May 6 2007, 10:56 AM' post='2891714']
Bob & Mar V,

Or am I way off the point of what I'm thinking? :fighting0029:
Sorry a dummy here!!!!!!

Dear Mark,
At the show in Ogallala Mar V inadvertantly moved her camper and forgot the jacks were down. We all kidded her quite a bit at the time. She returned to Host with the camper and she was looked after. Just getting in a final dig. She seems to be a great lady, I'm sure she can take it .

Bob
Snowriver1

#28 OFFLINE   sydbette

sydbette

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 142 posts
  • Local time: 12:54 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NH
  • Interests:Travel-Recreational Vehicles
  • Camper Brand:Adventurer
  • Truck Make & Model:86FB
  • Name (Public):Syd

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:39 PM

These forums should be a place that folks can go to and read both positive and negative post. I think anyone with a legitimate complaint should do so. Those that think their brand of TC is great should also post. The bashing (going overboard) is the problem. Every one with a complaint jumps aboard that thread and the folks that like the brand get mad and the fireworks start. These TC forums are for discusions about TC brands, warranties and dealerships. How else are we supposed to make good judgements when trading or puchasing if we can't read about the positive and negatives. When I see someone asking about my brand I write them privately as to my opinion. That way I don't get into a big brawl or bashing.Then if they question my opinions they should do another post asking for other opinions. I've talked with seveal peole this way about my brand and they seem to appreciate the privacy and candor that private posts allow.

#29 OFFLINE   btggraphix

btggraphix

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1326 posts
  • Local time: 03:54 PM
  • Camper Brand:Lance/1191
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevy Kodiak (4500) GVW 18,250.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

I have to admit, I like both forums. Each works differently and has its advantages. Rv.net is obviously moderated tightly, and has very specific rules (though they do sometimes pick and choose as far as enforcement.) Here, it's a lot looser, you can curse etc., but there is a bit of underlying restraint to not do things like bash a particular brand or whatever. That is still censorship and some would argue even MORE restrictive than say, keeping manufacturers out of RV.net. I'd also comment that reading the bickering over that one Host issue was no fun. Those kinds of things ought to be worked out in private not in front of the world. But it was like seeing a car wreck - I had to look!

I AM truly amazed that some over there choose to not believe the stories and comments about SnowRiver campers, and Bob taking care of people so well as far as service and warrenty etc. It's like people stating there is not such thing as altruism because the giver is actually receiving pleasure from having helped people out. Huh? Talk about negativity!

I personally tend to be a postive thinker, and look on the bright side of everything. A problem is an opportunity to solve. With campers or truck or whatever, it is an oppurtunity to improve whatever broke or didn't work. Blow out a stock differential at 100K miles? Time to put in a limited-slip. Battery die? Get a better one. etc. etc. I guess the point here, is that I strongly believe that problems should be talked about and solved. Getting to know a manufacturer (and dealer for that matter) on a personal level and see how they deal with issues is way more important than knowing all the complaints of someone who thinks they were treated badly by someone. So in that regard, this site and NATCOA in general is oh so much more valuable than rv.net. But even saying that, an internet forum is no substitute and no where near as good as direct contact and communication. I do wish Doug (of S&S) participated here more, but I don't mind that he doesn't.....I visited the factory in Kalispell in the first 6 months after I bought the camper, and have been there since. He was available to help Jay (@ 5 Star) when we needed a hand getting an awning ordered. Participation in this forum is by no means a requirement for a manufacturer to be top notch. I am convinced he/they would be there for me if I needed him in the event of a major issue with my camper. But it might not be as important as hearing from someone that they actually DID take care of something major. In any case, reading a single account of someone who was not taken care of, would not change my perception.....and I do not want to be reading he said/she said type stuff.

On the other hand, when I need my break from reality and want a TC reading fix, there is just more talk over there and more action. Although things get out of hand at times, it DOES tend to be more focused. It can get more negative, but it probably stays on topic more than here. Here, some good threads end up getting into so much banter that it can be just as hard to sort through the posts to get to the meat of the matter.....not to pick on Sir William, but how many good threads have ended up with him and Snowy bantering about house work? I guess I get my 'volume' fix from rv.net, and get my 'inside the industry' fix over here. It's more the club aspect of this place that has me (I never could understand why 'Infamous Terry' :fighting0029: never thought we were the 'club' he was looking for...) I used to post a ton here (partially to help with volume back in the beginning) and almost never over there (for fear of being beaten up?) Now I post over there more (no longer worry about being beaten up) and less over here. I'm not sure why I post less here......maybe because it seems like I am sometimes a thread killer? I'll have to keep checking for days before there is a reply? :sick0022: I do know I end up choosing my words here a bit more carefully, and sometimes write and end up not posting it. I guess as I think about it, it probably means I care more about making sure the people here understand what I mean, more than I do over there. Since this is a group I plan to continue to be involved with, on a personal basis.... There is so much more to this group than this forum.

I better post this before I bail on it!

Sydbette - I agree that PM's are a good way to go at times, it is also too bad that the rest of us don't get to read the comments you have. At work it bugs me when someone asks a question of the group, and someone sends a great response, but only to me.....how many others wanted to know the answer but didn't get to see it? Of course, at work, I go ahead and forward it back to the whole group if it's important. :fing32:

Have a good evening everyone.
2006 Lance 1191 - loaded, on 2005 Chevy Kodiak/4500 4WD. Average GVW 18,250 pounds not counting trailer.

#30 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 08:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:19 PM

Brian - you thread killer! :sick0004:

Just kidding. I too enjoy the club aspect over here and the good natured kidding that goes on. I still read the rv.net posts on a regular basis - I just don't post as often. Fear of the flame.

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#31 OFFLINE   Elk

Elk

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-350
  • Name (Public):Elk

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

Being a noob that still doesn't have a TC, I read both. Here everyday, there when I have some time since there is a lot of junk to sort through. I don't have much to offer so I don't post often here (never there). I do a lot of searching when questions come up to avoid post the same or similar to what has already been discussed. This seems to be good forum etiquette (sp?).
Here is much friendlier so I'd rather ask questions here and I make use of PM's when it seems more appropriate. I'm really glad I found this site, and REALLY glad I'm 3 hours from Ogallal!!!

#32 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Colorado
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-250 Super Duty Powerstroke V-8 Diesel Crew Cab
  • Name (Public):Marlene

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:07 AM

Mar V

Dear Mar V

Bob
Snowriver1

No Thanks, Bob, I am a well weathered camper now... I don't need training wheels anymore.
When life gives you lemons, go camping anyway!!

#33 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:19 AM

Bob & Mar V,

Or am I way off the point of what I'm thinking? ;)
Sorry a dummy here!!!!!!

Dear Mark,
At the show in Ogallala Mar V inadvertantly moved her camper and forgot the jacks were down. We all kidded her quite a bit at the time. She returned to Host with the camper and she was looked after. Just getting in a final dig. She seems to be a great lady, I'm sure she can take it .

Bob
Snowriver1

Bob, Actually I did the damage in New Mexico not in Ogallala. At that time I had only been camping 2 weeks EVER! I knew absolutely nothing about campers or camping. I bought my Host and hit the road. I have now just moved out of my camper after 1 year and 2 days of living in it. I may still be a rookie to some but I can load and off load quicker than most, as I had to load and off load every 2 weeks since October to take the camper into town to dump and load water.

#34 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:26 AM

No Thanks, Bob, I am a well weathered camper now... I don't need training wheels anymore.

Dear Mar V,

It just goes to show you we are never too old to learn. Accidents happen. WQe just repaired a Snowriver where the lady drove into the carport but forgot the husband had loaded the camper for the weekend. It is good to see you can take a little good natured kidding. I look forward to seeing you again in Ogallala.

Bob
Snowriver1

#35 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

Bob, Actually I did the damage in New Mexico not in Ogallala. At that time I had only been camping 2 weeks EVER! I knew absolutely nothing about campers or camping. I bought my Host and hit the road. I have now just moved out of my camper after 1 year and 2 days of living in it. I may still be a rookie to some but I can load and off load quicker than most, as I had to load and off load every 2 weeks since October to take the camper into town to dump and load water.

actually i can vouch for that she was here a day or two.....a great gal..........jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#36 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

actually i can vouch for that she was here a day or two.....a great gal..........jim

......or 3 or 4.....

You are a great guy too.

Love ya! :character0053:

#37 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:03 PM

......or 3 or 4.....

You are a great guy too.

Love ya! :character0053:

My, my, isn't that nice!
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#38 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:38 PM

Is Nancy seeing this? :character0053:

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#39 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 08:40 AM

My, my, isn't that nice!

Jealous?

#40 OFFLINE   Wellsdesigned

Wellsdesigned

Senior (in title, not age) Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 648 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Interests:Camping
    Traveling
    Molding My 10 Acres
    Writing
    Architecture
  • Camper Brand:Eagle Cap 850 w/ slide
  • Truck Make & Model:2002 Chevy 2500 HD

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:34 AM

"I read posts on RV net & here both, but I think the one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the Pissing match that occurs on RV net"

In a weak moment, I went to RV net to see what's been shaking there lately. There's a thread by someone with a long-bed truck that declares that all short-bed trucks are not full sized. Rather than acknowleging the sillyness of the idea when someone points out that a long-bed S-10 does not make that truck full sized, the pissing match goes on.

I guess it will be months at best before I take a glance that way again.
Based above the Sacramento CA fog/smog
2002 2500HD 4X4 Ext. Cab 6.0L
2004 Eagle Cap 850 TC w/slide-out

My creative writing Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In