TC forums.

68 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DavidB

DavidB

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Local time: 02:18 AM
  • Interests:woodworking, photography, hiking, fishing, getting away from work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Northern Lite, 10.2 CD SE ( Wahoo! )
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 GMC 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Dave

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

I read posts on RV net & here both, but I think the one thing that never ceases to amaze me is the Pissing match that occurs on RV net, especially between some people and owners of a few brands.
The latest LONG list of posts is regarding Snowriver campers and one persons viewpoint.
It is interesting to see the underlying distrust and disbelief of some replies of customer satisfaction with Snowriver
Bob has good reason to be proud of what he makes and the way he treats his customers,
If there are things that some people don't like about what he produces, more power to them if they can find one that works for them better.
Of course I have also read heated discussion about Lance campers too.
Admittedly the tone was a bit different, but one thing of note is very imformative...
The people who owned a Snowriver defend the brand, and so did those of Lance, BUT...
A few Lance owners were also the ones who posted about big problems. You don't normally see a complaint about a Snowriver, at least one that is not being addressed. That is to Bob's credit for sure.
Every TC is a bit different, and no TC is going to be a perfect fit for everbody. If they were then more people would own one versus any other RV. Neither is any RV going to be perfect, but some brands are better at producing a more trouble free product and have better owner relationships after the fact.

In as much as there are less constraints on what people voice here, it is suprising that the posts are more cordial, when not poking fun at friends. Posts on RV net can get a bit absurd and abusive or both.
While the product is the focus of the forum, rational behavior sometimes does not seem possible, and emotional responses get the better of things. I guess that is the nature of forums... its human.
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. (Cue the music).
I guess some people just love to be combative, but honesty should never take a back seat. Prejudice and bias should always have merit in order to exist.
Here's the thought for today...
Knowing what I just said, and how people can twist words around to suit their purposes is it really any wonder that politicians are not trusted... after all they just see the way the rest of the world acts and take it to the next step.
Honesty in conversation, being concise, accurate and open to replies seems to be a lost art.
Listening is as well.

#2 OFFLINE   Collin

Collin

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Local time: 01:18 AM
  • Camper Brand:Snowbird 10.8
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F 450 Lariat 6.4L 4 x4 Going to miss the people here.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

Great post David.

I got caught up in that particular pissing match myself, although I did try to keep it cordial for a while.
Bottom line, less bashing here, except for when we are picking on Sir William, and now Budster and Fedagent because they are a bunch of turncoats. :rolleyes:
:blink:

2008 Ford F450 Lariat 4x4
2003 Snowbird 10'8" with All Weather package.
Vicoria BC

#3 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:43 PM

that is the good thing with this forum it is civel we dont fight we help and have a good time
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#4 OFFLINE   DavidB

DavidB

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:woodworking, photography, hiking, fishing, getting away from work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Northern Lite, 10.2 CD SE ( Wahoo! )
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 GMC 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Dave

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:51 PM

Well those guys deserve it... :rolleyes:
But they are still welcome at my campsite.
Sorry guys, I don't drink beer. You will have to bring over your own, just remember the bag over the container... Follow the rules you know. :blink:

#5 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

Founding Member - Former Director

• Founder
  • 1695 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Lazy Daze 30IB
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

Great post David.

I got caught up in that particular pissing match myself, although I did try to keep it cordial for a while.
Bottom line, less bashing here, except for when we are picking on Sir William, and now Budster and Fedagent because they are a bunch of turncoats. :rolleyes:

hey, I represent that :cry_smile:

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#6 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 PM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:12 PM

I guess I find it kind of sad when someone posts about good service in our industry and it is deemed to be an urban legend or a tall tale. Is the history of service from camper manufacturers that bad? I remember leaving the campsite at Meadow Lake, I said to Larry, don't tell anyone we came this far they will never believe it. And those who do may expect this kind of service on a regular basis. Larry had stopped in Penticton to visit, he became a friend as many others have. I have made several trips to spend time with these people. Even made three trips to Chute lake. People have come back to camp in my yard and just visit. I made friends with people that owned Lance campers, Adventurer Campers and Northern Light campers.
it really isn't about the campers they own, it's about the people they are. I was a little disappointed Brad only mentioned the things he felt were detrimental, when there are so many pluses to our campers. Some people look, but just don't see.

Bob
Snowriver1

#7 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

I might ad that Host has taken a bashing over there as well. I don't know how many noticed the "Host offers 10 year warranty " Post. That was an obvious sarcastic post to place Host in a negative light.

Bottom line, less bashing here, except for when we are picking on Sir William, and now Budster and Fedagent because they are a bunch of turncoats. sterb003.gif
069.gif

hey, I represent that

We call a Benedict Arnold a Benedict Arnold here.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#8 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Colorado
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-250 Super Duty Powerstroke V-8 Diesel Crew Cab
  • Name (Public):Marlene

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

I stopped going to RV.net because of the pissing matches. It makes for a very unpleasant read.

I am a Host owner and the Host bashing IMO was unfair and unwarranted. I have been very happy with my Host. I don't abuse my camper like some. Dave Hogue also took very good care of me when I went to have "self inflicted" damage repaired.
When life gives you lemons, go camping anyway!!

#9 OFFLINE   Matthew_B

Matthew_B

XYZ

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AK
  • Name (Public):Not here anymore

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:05 PM

I didn't open the thread... I don't own a Snowriver and I'm not looking to get a new camper so I just passed it by. I was wondering why it was growing so long. I have a _very_ high opinion of both Host and Snowriver so I have no interest in looking at the thread.

#10 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

I guess I find it kind of sad when someone posts about good service in our industry and it is deemed to be an urban legend or a tall tale. Is the history of service from camper manufacturers that bad? I remember leaving the campsite at Meadow Lake, I said to Larry, don't tell anyone we came this far they will never believe it. And those who do may expect this kind of service on a regular basis. Larry had stopped in Penticton to visit, he became a friend as many others have. I have made several trips to spend time with these people. Even made three trips to Chute lake. People have come back to camp in my yard and just visit. I made friends with people that owned Lance campers, Adventurer Campers and Northern Light campers.
it really isn't about the campers they own, it's about the people they are. I was a little disappointed Brad only mentioned the things he felt were detrimental, when there are so many pluses to our campers. Some people look, but just don't see.

Bob
Snowriver1

Dear Bob, as you asked me not to talk about your trip to Meadow Lake, I kept my silence for 3 years. Someone, who could not keep a good story from being told, decided to air it out. I know that you went way out of your way to keep me going in the summer of '04, and for your own reasons, did not want everybody to think that service by the president of the company was just a phone call away, wanted it kept between friends. Well since Paul let the cat out of the bag, I substantiated the story over on RV Net. Of course they nay sayers will say it is just another Snowriver/Snowbird "cult" story, but so be it. Thanks for being "Bob" and for building the best camper out there!
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#11 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

hey, I represent that :blink:

Ya, me too! :rolleyes:
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#12 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

I don't abuse my camper like some. Dave Hogue also took very good care of me when I went to have "self inflicted" damage repaired.

"I don't abuse my camper like some"!!! I bet that was hard to say or write with a straight face!!!!

#13 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

I never knew it was a secret. or maybe I forgot it was. 3 years, Alzeheimers, maybe.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#14 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:32 AM

"I don't abuse my camper like some"!!! I bet that was hard to say or write with a straight face!!!!

:(

Not at all, for I was dead serious!!!

#15 OFFLINE   Wellsdesigned

Wellsdesigned

Senior (in title, not age) Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 648 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Interests:Camping
    Traveling
    Molding My 10 Acres
    Writing
    Architecture
  • Camper Brand:Eagle Cap 850 w/ slide
  • Truck Make & Model:2002 Chevy 2500 HD

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:57 AM

I think I've said it before when this topic comes up. When you live in a small town, no matter who you are, you tend to be more cordial knowing you will be seeing the people you meet at another time. In a big city, people tend to blow oneanother off more often because of the anominity of the larger masses.

I see NATCOA and RV.net in the same way.
Based above the Sacramento CA fog/smog
2002 2500HD 4X4 Ext. Cab 6.0L
2004 Eagle Cap 850 TC w/slide-out

My creative writing Website

#16 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 08:18 PM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:18 AM

[quote name='mar v' date='May 5 2007, 03:32 AM' post='2891627']

Dear Marv,

I think Larry was refering to your little accident at Ogallala.

Bob
Snowriver1

#17 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

I find it interesting that Host was jumped on for a negative, but Mar V's incident received little attention. I know it was mentioned over there. Sometimes I think people over there just enjoy bitching.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#18 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

Dear Marv,

I think Larry was refering to your little accident at Ogallala.

Bob
Snowriver1

I am sure he was Bob, but that was an accident not abuse.

ABUSE:to use wrongly or improperly; misuse.

ACCIDENT:an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.

Mar V

#19 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

I am sure he was Bob, but that was an accident not abuse.

ABUSE:to use wrongly or improperly; misuse.

ACCIDENT:an undesirable or unfortunate happening that occurs unintentionally and usually results in harm, injury, damage, or loss; casualty; mishap: automobile accidents.

Mar V

Dear Mar V, whatever! Accident, abuse, well cared for, not taken care of at all, rather difficult to tell the difference at times.

#20 OFFLINE   mar v

mar v

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

Dear Mar V, whatever! Accident, abuse, well cared for, not taken care of at all, rather difficult to tell the difference at times.

Like you said... WHATEVER!! You really don't know anything about me or how I care for my camper.

If a man beats his wife, is that abuse or an accident?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In