Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • Local time: 05:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:23 PM

take the test that new imagrents have to take to become a citizen have to admint i need to study 25 out of 30 TEST
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#2 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:38 PM

Gee, I'm a good American, I got 27 right, missed the one on how many presidents have been impeached, the term of a representative and the first vice president. I guessed on a couple, got lucky with my guess.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#3 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

i guessed on about 2-4 of them its been a long time since we have been in school......
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#4 OFFLINE   Collin

Collin

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Local time: 04:13 AM
  • Camper Brand:Snowbird 10.8
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F 450 Lariat 6.4L 4 x4 Going to miss the people here.

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:27 PM

Only got 18 :red_smile: , but not bad for a canuck. :fing32:

Terms of service and amendments tripped me up.

2008 Ford F450 Lariat 4x4
2003 Snowbird 10'8" with All Weather package.
Vicoria BC

#5 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 11:13 PM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:55 AM

I got 21 right, must be spending too much time in the U.S.

Bob
Snowriver1

#6 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

I scored 20, not bad for a foreigner. We need to find the equivalent one for Canada & see how the yanks do.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#7 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

Under the "Dumbing Down of America", my wife's 16 year old high school junior, and "Honor's Student", took the test a few minutes ago at my request. She got 19 right!!!! She thought we declared our independence in 1776 from Germany and her logic was that we had fought two world wars with them.

Ask you kids or grandchildren to take the test. I would bet you will be as surprised and depressed as I am.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#8 OFFLINE   Retired Mech.1998

Retired Mech.1998

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 274 posts
  • State/Province or Region:California
  • Camper Brand:2004 Snowriver 8.10
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW 4wd Extended Cab
  • Name (Public):Kurt & Carol Luke

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

I got 25 but am not happy with that score too many that I had to guess at. Kurt
2004 Chevy 3500 Ext Cab LB Duramax Alley DWR. 32.5 Hitchhicker II

#9 OFFLINE   d3500ram

d3500ram

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1495 posts
  • State/Province or Region:.
  • Camper Brand:2008 Northstar Arrow
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

Hey! .... I am qualified to be the next Prez.... I got 5 right (LOL)

#10 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Under the "Dumbing Down of America", my wife's 16 year old high school junior, and "Honor's Student", took the test a few minutes ago at my request. She got 19 right!!!! She thought we declared our independence in 1776 from Germany and her logic was that we had fought two world wars with them.

To be quite honest and with an attempt at no disrespect, I think the US educational system is very weak on world geography & history. At least that is the impression I have gotten when discussing issues with Americans. For a country that is at the forefront of things like space exploration & technology, the educational system seems to place little value on learning about the rest of the world. If we don't understand history how can we learn its lessons and if we don't understand what is happening elsewhere how can we make informed decisions on how to react to it? I am not so sure the current educational system here is any better, by the way.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3208 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

The primary problem with our public school system is its shifted away from teaching education, vs teaching agendas and lifestyles.

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#12 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2125 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:50 PM

To be quite honest and with an attempt at no disrespect, I think the US educational system is very weak on world geography & history. At least that is the impression I have gotten when discussing issues with Americans. . .

I believe your perception is very precise.

#13 OFFLINE   Docparm

Docparm

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • Local time: 10:13 AM
  • Interests:Photographing lighthouses
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1191 2006
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2005 Sierra Crew cab 8.0L vortex Allison Tranny Camper edition, Rancho 9000X in-cab control
  • Name (Public):Richard

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:08 AM

I managed 25
I too have noticed that Americans have little knowledge of other countries
They know more about Japan than Canada are impressed to learn that Canada is the US's largest trading partner and that the trade between the US and Canada is the largest in the world at 1 Billion a day
Not sure why schools don't teach broader subjects here.
Great country tho

Richard and Gypsy (travel dog)
Camping and Photographing lighthouses.
Our web site
Truck Camper Song

#14 OFFLINE   sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1975 posts
  • Interests:RV'IN', CAMPIN', SOCKEYE FISHIN' & JUST PLAIN HAVIN' FUN....
  • Camper Brand:CITATION SUPREME 26 RKS 5'TH WHEEL
  • Truck Make & Model:CHEVY SILVERADO K2500HD DURAMAX/ALLISON
  • Name (Public):STEVE

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

I got 16 right and didn't study so at 51% I'll take it.......................Steve...

#15 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:19 AM

To be quite honest and with an attempt at no disrespect, I think the US educational system is very weak on world geography & history. At least that is the impression I have gotten when discussing issues with Americans. For a country that is at the forefront of things like space exploration & technology, the educational system seems to place little value on learning about the rest of the world. If we don't understand history how can we learn its lessons and if we don't understand what is happening elsewhere how can we make informed decisions on how to react to it? I am not so sure the current educational system here is any better, by the way.

This is one subject that you and I agree on, I am sure that makes this date, more or less, a red letter day for you. I am completely and totally ashamed of the the current school system. The educational system in this country has completely lost track of the basics, science, history, math, English and the others have take a back seat to "touchy feely" crap that is of no use to anyone. An average American kid does not stand a chance against a kid from China or Japan on math or science. I know that the educational system, especially here in South Texas and other border states, are hindered by a classroom full of kid that have only a basic understanding of English, how can anyone expect them to grasp concepts when they don't understand the language they are being taught under. And the teacher has to spend more of his or her time with these kids, and that takes away time for the brighter children. I have seen, and unfortunately know, kids that have have graduated form high school with "honors" who would be considered second rate 20 or 30 years ago. Some of these kids can not even read at a 6th grade level, but they are "honor" students! Sure makes you wonder how the non-honor group is doing.

#16 OFFLINE   Elk

Elk

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-350
  • Name (Public):Elk

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:29 AM

I think the US educational system is very weak on world geography & history

In my opinion, it's very weak on US geography and history. If we can't do that well (or at all) why even bother with international topics... :trink08:

#17 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

Founding Member - Former Director

• Founder
  • 1695 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Lazy Daze 30IB
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

:trink08: this really frustrates my wife (middle school math teacher). Due to the 'No Child Left Behind" policy of our present administration it doesn't matter if the child fails a class or two or all they are 'passed' to the next grade where they will be even more of a burden on the teacher as they haven't learned any of the previous basics....... let alone speak English

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#18 OFFLINE   sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1975 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

This is one subject that you and I agree on, I am sure that makes this date, more or less, a red letter day for you. I am completely and totally ashamed of the the current school system. The educational system in this country has completely lost track of the basics, science, history, math, English and the others have take a back seat to "touchy feely" crap that is of no use to anyone. An average American kid does not stand a chance against a kid from China or Japan on math or science. I know that the educational system, especially here in South Texas and other border states, are hindered by a classroom full of kid that have only a basic understanding of English, how can anyone expect them to grasp concepts when they don't understand the language they are being taught under. And the teacher has to spend more of his or her time with these kids, and that takes away time for the brighter children. I have seen, and unfortunately know, kids that have have graduated form high school with "honors" who would be considered second rate 20 or 30 years ago. Some of these kids can not even read at a 6th grade level, but they are "honor" students! Sure makes you wonder how the non-honor group is doing.

My Mother taught school for 40 years. She taught in schools from single room to two room schools as well as multi room schools. My sister teaches school and has a Docotrate in Educational Phsycology. Here's thier rundown on the school situation:

1 = class sizes way to big = 20 students per class maximum;

2 = schools to large, to many children = problems ie: bullying, shootings, etc;

3 = not enough teacher student one on one quality time = weaker sturdents slipping through the cracks;

4 = to many extra curicular activities;

5 = teachers work load to heavy in large classes of 35 students = stress = sicktime, etc.

These are but a few of the problems here in our Canadian system. Larry, you see it's not only the US education system that needs tuning up but ours does as well right here at home. None of us here in Canada can criticise other countries educational challenges!! What worries me is that these same students that can read or do math at a grade 6 level are given honour pass grad cerificates from HS and go on to college and these same students will be teachers themselves someday. What other choice is there?? None...............................Steve...

#19 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

Ok, here is a Canadian citizenship test. I selected 40 questions I got 34 out of 40 right or 85%. If an American beats me I will be embarrased.

TEST

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#20 OFFLINE   sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1975 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

Great test Paully. I also took 40 questions and got 38 right for 95% over all. Fairly simple test overall.............Thanx Paully...................Steve...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In