Announcements

Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here

Photo

North Cascades Fall Colors Caravan 2007

59 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick the preferred weekend? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

October

1. 5,6,7 (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. 12,13,14 (4 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. 19,20,21 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 26,27,28 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   larryjj

larryjj

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Dry Camping and the Great Out Doors
  • Camper Brand:2005 10.6E Bigfoot
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 F - 350 4x4 s/whl s/cab l/box
  • Name (Public):larryjj

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

My wife and I are going to try and make this outing.

Regards,

Delma

larryjj

#42 OFFLINE   Camptoboat

Camptoboat

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1124 posts
  • Local time: 12:32 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Washington
  • Interests:Boating in the sun....
  • Camper Brand:2006 Citation Supreme 1050 w/slide
  • Truck Make & Model:1999 Ford F350 crewcab DRW
  • Name (Public):Gary

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

WOW, What a great caravan the weather was out of this world and our TC friend were super too. What a sight to see 11 TCs heading East over SR-20 all in a line. We waved to the on comming TCers to death. You know the were awa struck by sheer number of us.
So much great food at the Potluck. And thanks again to Sally and Karl for the thinking ahead for the raffel gifts. We must not foget to extend a great big thanks you to Karen and Chris for the custom embossed pot holder they gave to everyone. Thank you George for the insane amount of fire wood, the flames were 5-6 foot high at times. Christine and Peter what a great slide show you two shared around the fire.

Hazel and I would like to extend a big thank you to everyone for making this caravan so succesful.

P.S. Pigpen, you should of had a camper for this one...
I posted my pictures on TC Photos.
1999 Ford F-350 Crew Cab DRW, synthetic oil every where, Fleetguard Venturi Combo Oil Filter, Auto, BHAF, Edge w/Advantage controller and gauges, CCV MOD, Timbrens, Exhaust brake/TC lock by Sp Diesel , Brite Box (head light control), Coolant filter, Boost fooler (25 PSI max), High pressure cross-over tube, Hayden Ultra-Cool® Transmission Oil Cooler, Digital Trans temp, Magnefine Trans Filter, Ford AIC. Northwest Fords forum, Powerstroke Org.
2006 Citation 1050 rear kitchen, refer & dinette slide (Roy Robinson Marysville, WA.), Laptop and MS Street and Trips w/GPS navigation.
Torklift Fastgunns, Wobbl-Stoppers on front jacks, Dish network, 20� LCD w/DVD TV, Honda EU2000i. Prosine 2000 inverter/charger.
1992 Maxum 19' bowrider

#43 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

Thanks to Gary and Hazel for the outstanding job they did putting together the Fall Colors caravan again this year. What an awesome weekend - the weather and scenery couldn't have been much better. Add in all the great folks gathering around the campfires, it was a tremendous amount of fun. I'm already looking forward to next year. I hope Hazel made it to the airport okay. We were thinking about you guys today. And thanks again to everyone for the contributions they made to make this caravan really special!!

I'll work on getting what pictures I managed to take posted by tomorrow.

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#44 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4241 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:08 PM

great pics looks like great weather to see old friends and make new ones

Dan
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#45 OFFLINE   tate

tate

Tate

• Admin (non-root)
  • 2399 posts
  • Interests:Family first, Camping, Taking photos, Computers
  • Camper Brand:990 Artic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Paul & Kathy

Posted 15 October 2007 - 05:40 PM

Thanks so much Gary and Hazel for setting up our wonderful caravan. Also thanks to all that attended. Kathy and I had a wonderful time meeting and sharing the weekend with so many friends. Will be posting pictures soon.

2003 Dodge 4X4 DRW Cummins, 2015 Artic Fox 990, Tork Lift Tie downs, Fastguns, SuperHitch, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000x,Bodiak front end receiver, Honda EU2000, 15' Boston Whaler Classic,
Evenrude e-tec 50, Western WA. e-mail pktate@frontier.com
Famous Last Words: 'HOLD MY BEER....AND WATCH THIS'

#46 OFFLINE   Silver Fox

Silver Fox

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • Local time: 11:32 AM
  • Camper Brand:Bigfoot 10.11C
  • Truck Make & Model:06 Dodge Ram3500 DRW Diesel Laramie , Torklift tiedowns, Fastguns and superhitch. !6' Trailer C/W Yamaha Kodiaks and more stuff
  • Name (Public):Silver Fox

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

To all my TC buddies,

Gary and Hazel, Sally and Carl you guys rock. The time and effort spent ensuring we saw everything and had a good time, you guys are amazing. Christine and I are plan'g on being there next year for sure.

The slide show that I showed you all on Saturday eve will be built in to a CD, I hope to get someone to show me how to get everyone a copy either by e-trans or by mail if need be. I think it will make a fine mimento for all that attended not to mention promote the heck out of the best club/group of people this side of Nebraska. :thumbs_up:

#47 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

Paul,

Is there a way to put a copy of the slideshow presentation on the server and create a link to it if Peter sends you a copy of the CD with the file?

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#48 OFFLINE   petey

petey

Poster

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Camper Brand:'08 Host 10.5 DS
  • Truck Make & Model:'07 Dodge 3500, CTD, DRW
  • Name (Public):Pete

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

Gary & Hazel,
Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into the Fall Colors caravan. It was awesome. Christie and I enjoyed the weekend more than I can express. Great scenery, fantastic weather, good eats and, of course most importantly, friendly people. It was great fun getting to know some of the other members of NATCOA on a personal basis. Thanks to all who made Chris and I feel most welcome.

I've uploaded some of the photo's Chris and I took during the caravan to my Web Album. Link follows. I suggest watching the slideshow at 5 second intervals. Larry, and Fran and Adam, it was my intension to get a closeup of each TC but being the nailhead I am I somehow managed to miss yours. My apologies. I'll catch you first thing on the next caravan.

2007 North Cascades Fall Color Caravan

Safe and happy camping,
Pete

PS: Rick, in regard to the caravan being better then sex. Is is possible to have your cake and eat it too? Whoa, guys. Just asking the question!

#49 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:06 PM

Great pictures thanks for sharing them with us unlucky folks who could not be there. Thanks to all. We need more pictures have to have something to look at over the winter and make plans for next year. Thanks again.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#50 OFFLINE   Camptoboat

Camptoboat

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1124 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Washington
  • Interests:Boating in the sun....
  • Camper Brand:2006 Citation Supreme 1050 w/slide
  • Truck Make & Model:1999 Ford F350 crewcab DRW
  • Name (Public):Gary

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

Gary & Hazel,
Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into the Fall Colors caravan. It was awesome. Christie and I enjoyed the weekend more than I can express. Great scenery, fantastic weather, good eats and, of course most importantly, friendly people. It was great fun getting to know some of the other members of NATCOA on a personal basis. Thanks to all who made Chris and I feel most welcome.

I've uploaded some of the photo's Chris and I took during the caravan to my Web Album. Link follows. I suggest watching the slideshow at 5 second intervals. Larry, and Fran and Adam, it was my intension to get a closeup of each TC but being the nailhead I am I somehow managed to miss yours. My apologies. I'll catch you first thing on the next caravan.

Safe and happy camping,
Pete

PS: Rick, in regard to the caravan being better then sex. Is is possible to have your cake and eat it too? Whoa, guys. Just asking the question!

WOW great pictures Pete & Christie. Thanks

Gary & Hazel
1999 Ford F-350 Crew Cab DRW, synthetic oil every where, Fleetguard Venturi Combo Oil Filter, Auto, BHAF, Edge w/Advantage controller and gauges, CCV MOD, Timbrens, Exhaust brake/TC lock by Sp Diesel , Brite Box (head light control), Coolant filter, Boost fooler (25 PSI max), High pressure cross-over tube, Hayden Ultra-Cool® Transmission Oil Cooler, Digital Trans temp, Magnefine Trans Filter, Ford AIC. Northwest Fords forum, Powerstroke Org.
2006 Citation 1050 rear kitchen, refer & dinette slide (Roy Robinson Marysville, WA.), Laptop and MS Street and Trips w/GPS navigation.
Torklift Fastgunns, Wobbl-Stoppers on front jacks, Dish network, 20� LCD w/DVD TV, Honda EU2000i. Prosine 2000 inverter/charger.
1992 Maxum 19' bowrider

#51 OFFLINE   tate

tate

Tate

• Admin (non-root)
  • 2399 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:07 PM

Caravan

2003 Dodge 4X4 DRW Cummins, 2015 Artic Fox 990, Tork Lift Tie downs, Fastguns, SuperHitch, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000x,Bodiak front end receiver, Honda EU2000, 15' Boston Whaler Classic,

#52 OFFLINE   Collin

Collin

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Camper Brand:Snowbird 10.8
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F 450 Lariat 6.4L 4 x4 Going to miss the people here.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

Great pics!!!!!!

2008 Ford F450 Lariat 4x4
2003 Snowbird 10'8" with All Weather package.
Vicoria BC

#53 OFFLINE   tate

tate

Tate

• Admin (non-root)
  • 2399 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:42 PM

Paybacks are a bitch :sterb003:

#54 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:20 PM

Great pics, Pete!

Here are the few that I took. Caravan

#55 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:27 PM

Gary & Hazel,

Safe and happy camping,
Pete

Hey Petey
How close were you parked to us.
F-550's don't rock.
Rick

#56 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:50 PM

Caravan

Hi Paul
I had a great time this past weekend, but this week is turning out pretty good after I saw your's and the other's pictures from our outing.
I have to either put these on as a screen saver, or in a digital picture frame.
Rick

#57 OFFLINE   Collin

Collin

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Camper Brand:Snowbird 10.8
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F 450 Lariat 6.4L 4 x4 Going to miss the people here.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

Paybacks are a bitch :sterb003:

It was meant to be funny.
Guess I'll go back to my never ending house reno.........

2008 Ford F450 Lariat 4x4
2003 Snowbird 10'8" with All Weather package.
Vicoria BC

#58 OFFLINE   tate

tate

Tate

• Admin (non-root)
  • 2399 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:10 PM

It was meant to be funny.
Guess I'll go back to my never ending house reno.........

And it was taken that way :sterb003:
Be well

#59 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:56 AM

From larryjj:

Delma and I would like to thank every one for allowing us to go on this trip with you as non - members. We were cordially invited by Rick from Cloverdale to come along if we could make it. My wife, Delma being from the hot tropical country of the Philippines thought I was totally nuts to want to go on the ralley. "Are you crazy..it is cold out there.........it is winter weather.......nobody goes camping in the fall.......my friends think you are nuts......" There was a BIG argument prior to her relenting and deciding to come along. Then I had to load the camper on to the truck. First removing all the ladders and equipment from my business. ( I have to do this before every camping trip ). Next I had to wait until the boss ( Delma ) came home from work. Then I had to again encourage her to get moving. We are going to the United States on a caravan camping trip!!! Oh; don't forget your camera. We had to get all of our food out of the camper as it is difficult to cross the boarder into the United States with food from Canada.The boarder crossing took one hour. Finally we entered the United States at 6:10 pm. We are on our way. Now we had to buy groceries. We ended up at a small food store in the town of Concrete. $ 70.00 later we were ready to continue. Dark as pitch out side. Where is the road. How do we find highway 20 again ? ...East......what way is east...come on east where are you.....? Finally on the way again. Now where is every one ? Dark out side. A foggy mist every where. Missed the rendevous point. We ended up camping at a road side Ride/Park.Don't know what this sign meant. Is it like park and ride in Canada. Will there be buses and cars every where at 5:am in the morning with us blocked in ? Hey, it's time to get up and get going. Grumpy ( Delma ) was a little difficult to energize. But we finally got going and had to back track in an attempt to find the caravan and our new friends. I have a bad memory for names. Rockport RV park I think. Woe is me. Hey Delma, there is an RV park there with some campers in it. Located them at the meeting place . Very nice group of fellow campers. We were made to feel comfortable. Had a chance to walk our dog Jewels. Then we all headed out to continue on with the journe along highway 20. There was beautiful fall colours of mixed tree foilage leaves and brilliant contrasts every where with a river winding it's way through out. Delma was totally enthralled. She started to take so many pictures I thought the camera would over heat. Enroute the caravan stopped at a place called Diablo lookout high up along the side of the road. A panoramic view of I think, the end of Ross lake. We took more pictures, then proceeded onto Wintrop. We all camped over night at a RV park along side a river. A very peasant setting. Good friends and a potluck supper followed. We decided to join the NATCOA/INATCOA right away, The town of Winthrop is a restored mining town from around 1890. A very nice trip all around. Sunday we headed back home to Canada. A tired but happy family. Thank you every one, Larry, Delma, Jewels

#60 OFFLINE   WitchDoctor

WitchDoctor

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 353 posts
  • State/Province or Region:OR
  • Camper Brand:5 th wheel, sorry
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Chevy 3500 d/a SRW 4x4
  • Name (Public):Chris and Karen

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

All in all, this was great.