Announcements

Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here

Photo

A ?? for the non paid members of NATCOA forum..

112 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • Local time: 07:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

I have been wondering this for quite awhile as to why the non paid forum surfres have not become paid member of NATCOA..thank you in advance for your answers..

Thank you
Dan Quinn
NATCOA Treasurer
Forum Admin
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#2 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • Local time: 06:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

I wonder that too. Its $24 a year, less for multi years. That is about the cost of a 1/4 tank of gas. As we grow we have more impact to obtain things like discounts for members. We subsidize rallies, that even includes non-members who attend, as we view rallies as recruiting opportunities. We are non profit, none of your 24 bucks goes into my pockets or anyone else's. Most of the money we raise right now is going to pay for advertising the club (not the show, it has its own budget).

If you want to join, here is the link Join NATCOA or INTCOA

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#3 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:41 PM

I guess 24 bucks is still 24 bucks in their pockets. Why shell out the money when you can have (almost) full access to most of the forum ? Maybe they perceive it as having no "value" ? Don't know, just throwing out a few ideas....
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#4 OFFLINE   mjstin

mjstin

Poster

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Camper Brand:Looking for it
  • Truck Make & Model:99 4x4 CC DRW F350
  • Name (Public):Matt

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:56 PM

My reason

I'm still in the research phase when I do "officially" become a TC'er I will become a member.
With my limited posts already along with my browsing this site has given some very useful information.

I would hope that the limited access I have to the site continues for me as well as those who are intrested in TC's

#5 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Local time: 01:54 AM
  • Interests:Building campers, flyfishing, beer drinking, chasin women,
  • Camper Brand:Snowrivers, lots of em
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford 350 diesel shortbox
  • Name (Public):Bob Mehrer

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

I guess 24 bucks is still 24 bucks in their pockets. Why shell out the money when you can have (almost) full access to most of the forum ? Maybe they perceive it as having no "value" ? Don't know, just throwing out a few ideas....

Maybe with dealers like Fivestar offering special discounts on campers to members, this may entice a few shoppers to join. I can offer discounts on Torklift fast guns and locks to paid Canadian members as well. If we can find a few other items where a paid member would save at least $24.00 on their first purchase it would pay to join NATCOA and pay their membership fees. Or would this jeopardize our non-profit status even though it would be the members profiting?

Bob
Snowriver1

#6 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 21 September 2006 - 07:36 PM

no bob it wont jepordise our status that is a bennifit of being a paid member. and i know of several members with just a phone call to one of the corprate members they were given special deals just for being a paid member and it will only be better as the membership grows

Dan
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#7 OFFLINE   TimsToy

TimsToy

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 AM
  • Interests:I'M INTO CLASIC CARS SO I'LL BE GOING TO CAR SHOWS
    ALSO LIKE BASS FISHING
  • Camper Brand:2000 FLEETWOOD CARIBOU 11 J
  • Truck Make & Model:2001 3500 1 ton DRW 4x4 with 8.1 gas & allison trany.
  • Name (Public):Tim Conroy

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:17 PM

Hi Dan & Bob
I for one can tell anyone that joining this club has saved ME quit a bit of money ! Like almost $200 on the new remote control unit the ATWOOD factory sent me at no cost because of being a NATCOA paid up member and Doug from S & S Campers {{ Also A paid member}} helping me out on this . So there are things that come along with being a paid member that you won't see up front
Tim
TimsTOY
timstoy tim conroy A-LOCKMAN-TIM@CENTURYTEL.NET
70 years old
retired locksmith of over 50 years
1959 ford skyliner red & white that I love to drive but is to heavy to trailer !

widowed 3/1/2005
look fordward to meeting you

#8 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:18 PM

no bob it wont jepordise our status that is a bennifit of being a paid member. and i know of several members with just a phone call to one of the corprate members they were given special deals just for being a paid member and it will only be better as the membership grows

Dan

Dear Dan,

As for benefits for paid members, Torklift and Interior RV (Snowriver) gave away 8 sets of fast guns during the NATCOA plant tour, one paid member recieved a free Shur-flo platinum fan to test in his bathroom. I just shipped a stainless set of fast guns to another paid member at a discount. Sold all the Happy Camper stuff to NATCOA members at cost. Gave away 2 roof air conditioners at the Nebraska show, Torklift gave jackets and fast guns to our members. I just gave a super deal on a set of swing brackets to a senior member. I am sure I am missing a lot of other stuff, but I believe this will be a bigger better year for NATCOA and it's paid members. I believe the suppliers will be out in force at the Nebraska show and other club ralleys. I think there will be numerous benefits for NATCOA paid members in the months to come. We have some great corporate sponsors, who are willing to share their experience with our members. You cannot find this on any other forum. The fact that they are willing to give a few special deals is only a bonus. NATCOA is a special club, we are members helping members, we allow corporations to participate in many ways that benefit fellow members. We all make ouselves available on this site to discuss problems, help others and try to add a little humor along the way. You won't find that anywhere else. Definitely worth $2.00 a month.

Bob
Snowriver1

#9 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

I trhink we really need to work on the manufacturers this summer to offer something. It does not have to be much, maybe even an extra 6 months warranty for NATCOA members on new units would do it.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#10 OFFLINE   Snowriver1

Snowriver1

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

I trhink we really need to work on the manufacturers this summer to offer something. It does not have to be much, maybe even an extra 6 months warranty for NATCOA members on new units would do it.

Paul,
I already give a three year warranty on Snowriver/Snowbird products. At my age and my lifestyle I quit buying green bananas. But I agree, if we could do a little extra for members it would benefit both sides.

Bob
Snowriver1

#11 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

Bob you know & I know, you give a lifetime warranty (your lifetime anyway). Heck you even update old ones when they come in. You are too soft. but that is why everyone loves you and you are probably going to heaven even though you drink too much beer. I am talking about all the others.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#12 OFFLINE   OldHarleyDude

OldHarleyDude

Poster

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Camping with the kids and grandkids. Touring on the Harley. Restoring old farm engines.
  • Camper Brand:Palomino 1000SL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Chev 2500 HD

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

Ya know what? You're absolutely right!!! I've received more info just from reading the forums than I would have got calling, driving, begging, etc..... which has been worth its weight in gold. Just PayPal'd (that was fun!!) LOL sooooo.... here I am! I'm sure I'll ask some really dumb questions at times, but hopefully can contribute a little here and there.

I don't know if I prefaced my first question with we've been TC'ing for almost 20 years. Our old 9 1/2' Hideaway and '88GMC just plain wore out. The camper is now a home for a Michigan Tech student in 'da UP, eh.... and the truck has been retired to a daily driver for the wife (she refuses to get rid of it with the 20 odd state park stickers in the cracked windshield... anyway, see I'm rambling already!!!! Anyway, just my 2 cents worth (ooops, $24) for the day... have a good one all!!
JOHN
John - OldHarleyDude
2006 Chev 2500HD Ext. SRW 4x4 6.0L TorquLif Firestones
2006 Palomino Maverick 1000SL

1998 Sportster
2002 Fatboy
2003 Ultra
"growing old is mandatory.... growing up is optional"

#13 OFFLINE   dale

dale

Poster

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 08:54 AM
  • Camper Brand:2005 Snowriver 8 10
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevy 2500HD, 8.1 gasser with allison,srw,lb,4x4

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:09 AM

The security deposit on my first truck camper arrived at the dealer yesterday. Been meaning to join for a while. Thanks for the gentle nudge. The info and personal help has been "priceless" Joined for two years. Dale

#14 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12473 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:18 AM

Thanks guys.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#15 OFFLINE   Snowy Bird

Snowy Bird

Founding Member

• NATCOA Members
  • 2411 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AB
  • Camper Brand:2000' 9'6 Snowbird
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 F350 DRW diesel
  • Name (Public):Joanne

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:34 AM

And welcome to the club guys... ;)

#16 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 22 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

Welcome guys nice to have you on board. I have been RVing for a long time and this forum has so much good and correct information that it is worth the price of admission. Again Welcome and OldHarleyDude there is no such thing as a dumb question only the ones that have not gotten asked are the dumb ones. Again Welcome.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#17 OFFLINE   anzan

anzan

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:art, guitar, model yacht racing
  • Camper Brand:SnowRiver 96 D/S
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F350

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:05 AM

Welcome new members and this is reminder to me to RENEW! :)
Milt & Pat

#18 OFFLINE   tmadigan

tmadigan

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 186 posts
  • Local time: 08:54 AM
  • Camper Brand:Northstar TC650
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-150 Supercab Shortbed
  • Name (Public):tmadigan

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

I just joined and its been about time. Thanks for the reminder. I needed it.

#19 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:42 AM

WELCOME to the club info is great and the fellowship is what makes it great for us....as geo says there are no DUMB questions ....and we can all learn from eachother.......just last week i pick up some tips from larry [ fedagent ]........thats what this is all about.......again welcome jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#20 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

The security deposit on my first truck camper arrived at the dealer yesterday. Been meaning to join for a while. Thanks for the gentle nudge. The info and personal help has been "priceless" Joined for two years. Dale

Dale is a friend of mine who made the mistake of looking at my Snowriver and now is going to become a member of the Snowriver family. This is despite the fact that I briefed him on the likes of the Snowman and several other members of the Snowriver/Snowbird family. Good choice in campers and good choice on NATCOA. Welcome to you, Dale, and the others that have now joined, thanks!
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In