Announcements

Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here

Fleetwood Owners Out There?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sbrady88_*

Guest_sbrady88_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

Well any Fleetwood owners out there. I have 1998 Elkhorn 8S (8'7").

Sbrady88

#2 OFFLINE   Monkey44

Monkey44

FOUNDER

• Founder
  • 723 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 02:07 PM

Hey Steve -- Yup, I'm still lurking around. Haven't seen you for awhile though, you staying in the background? M44

Back-country Camper
2002 Fleetwood Angler
2003 GMC 2500 Sierra 4x4

#3 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • Local time: 08:48 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:58 PM

i havent seen a fleetwood in ages are they still makeing them ? the last one i saw was real nice but sold before i could come up with the cash it was for sale by owner ...
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#4 OFFLINE   Monkey44

Monkey44

FOUNDER

• Founder
  • 723 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:00 PM

Fleetwood stopped building truck campers last year ... but lots of us out there have them...

Back-country Camper
2002 Fleetwood Angler
2003 GMC 2500 Sierra 4x4

#5 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:04 PM

im sure you do i just could not remember if they were still being made i saw a new one at a dealer while on vacation last summer and when i asked about it he kept changeing the subject like he was trying to hide something...
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#6 OFFLINE   ChopperBill

ChopperBill

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1224 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CO
  • Camper Brand:NUWA Hitch Hiker 29.5FKTS
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500HD D/A
  • Name (Public):Bill

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:12 PM

Five Starr RV in Denver (Henderson) has some left on his lot. Bet if some one wanted one they would wheel and deal.

Northern Colorado

#7 Guest_jlscjs_*

Guest_jlscjs_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2005 - 05:31 AM

I just purchased a 2002 Fleetwood Angler and as this is the first TC I have ever owned I have a question, really lots of them, but for now this. I have a drop in bedliner in my 02 DodgeRam shortbed truck, will I need to remove it before using my TC full time? I also read somewhere that you are not allowed on the top of this model, does anyone know if thats true?

#8 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Local time: 07:48 AM
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:05 AM

Welcome to the forum ilscis. Nice to see new folks that have questions. Again welcome.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#9 OFFLINE   jimmy

jimmy

Poster

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 06:48 AM

Posted 17 March 2005 - 12:56 PM

hello fleetwood owners
nice to meet some of you
i have a 90 fleetwood elkhorn 8.6.
realy nicepacked with everthing makes lifemuch easier
@jlscjs
my chevy has a bedliner and i leave it in there all year round
with or without tc

#10 OFFLINE   Michael

Michael

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Local time: 12:48 AM
  • Interests:Campers, Kayaking, Mountain biking

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:52 AM

this year I will remove the bedliner because I feel the camper is moving too much; will replace it by a rubber carpet that keeps it at it┤s place; i learned about the moving by having to tighten the buckles at every stop i made

-----------------------------------------

Michael

http://www.stephanskirchen.de
1997 Chevy K3500 ExtCab Silverado 6.5 TD Dually AutoTrans
2000 Bigfoot 25C 9.6B Millenium Edition, ac, power jacks

#11 OFFLINE   Hey there

Hey there

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Local time: 10:48 AM
  • Camper Brand:Lance Lite 150, 8'6", 93:Fleetwood Caribou, 01, 11J
  • Truck Make & Model:2001 Chev Silv 3500 CC dually 6.0 gasser

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:27 PM

Hi,
I just (last month) purchased a 2001 Caribou 11j from a very nice person in south Georgia. The camper was little used. I love it. Little by little I am getting used to using the different appliances and systems. As I have time, I have been caulking and lubricating. As soon as I am familiar with all the parts, a little expedition will be in order. My grandchildren are ready now! ha.

#12 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 11 February 2006 - 07:53 AM

that is a smart thing to do also fill the tanks with water and checks for leaks...dont forget the drain values sometimes people leave them open when they put the camper up ......good luck hope to see you in nb

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#13 OFFLINE   TimsToy

TimsToy

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Interests:I'M INTO CLASIC CARS SO I'LL BE GOING TO CAR SHOWS
    ALSO LIKE BASS FISHING
  • Camper Brand:2000 FLEETWOOD CARIBOU 11 J
  • Truck Make & Model:2001 3500 1 ton DRW 4x4 with 8.1 gas & allison trany.
  • Name (Public):Tim Conroy

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:22 PM

[quote name='sbrady88' date='Feb 3 2005, 05:57 PM' post='34287']

Sbrady88
[/quo

Hi I'm a FLEETWOOD owner two LOL I just bought a 2000 CARIBOU 11 J 3 weeks ago and I'm still working out all the little stuff i have to learn on it :D for some reason I can't seem to get my T V to get a good pitcure even though it has an power antania ?? But over all it a very nice rig and very well taken cair of T C and I can't wate for it to warm up so I can check the water system and get it loaded on the truck and head out . see ya in june maybe
timstoy
TIM
timstoy tim conroy A-LOCKMAN-TIM@CENTURYTEL.NET
70 years old
retired locksmith of over 50 years
1959 ford skyliner red & white that I love to drive but is to heavy to trailer !

widowed 3/1/2005
look fordward to meeting you

#14 OFFLINE   Hey there

Hey there

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

Congrats Tim! That's a lot of camper that you have there. May you have many happy miles and trips with it.

#15 Guest_toddsnorthriver_*

Guest_toddsnorthriver_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

Hi, I bought a 2001 9.5 elkhorn this last fall and have just been able to use it once. I've been through two powerstrokes and a lot of money setting them up to haul this camper. This last week I put the finishing touches on my f350. My first f250 I had airbags put on and it handled very good. I think that I should have taken them off and put them on my f350 but time will tell. I also have a plastic bed liner and am looking into getting a spray on bed liner. I tow a 21 ft Northriver fishing boat and had to upgrade the hitch to accomidate the camper situation. After reading a few post on the superhitch and seeing the price tag for both pieces I opted for the Titan tow best from reese. This is a massive hitch that has a 2 1/2 inch receiver that takes a special extension but it supports lost of tonge weight for as far out as I need it to reach. But enough about my truck, I love this camper so far, the way it is set up and designed works perfectly for my needs. i still have a lot to learn and alot to purchase to get it set up perfeclty.My camper didn't come with a generator or airconditioning so this will be my biggest expense trying to figure out what to buy. The camper is already wired for a propane generator but I was kinda leaning toward a portable yamaha. The only problem that I keep reading about is the size of generator I would need to start up an airconditioner. I really would like to get the 2400 from yamaha but just not sure if it will crank over a airconditioner

#16 OFFLINE   TVRTom

TVRTom

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • Local time: 09:48 AM
  • Camper Brand:2005 Lance 1161, side door
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Ford F350 (beefed up), with Ricksons

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

We are Fleetwood owners here in CT. Bought a new 2003 Fleetwood Elkhorn 11J Trophy Series, side door, and the last truck camper to come off the assembly line in Dec. 2002, hence the last one built. We have it on a Ford and love it. Have traveled many miles with it, the last being to Alaska and back last summer.
Have had trips to the west coast several times. We did seriously look at Lance and Host this year but have pretty much decided to stay with the Fleetwood and it fits our mode of travel to a "T."
Tom & Joyce

#17 OFFLINE   jerokaz

jerokaz

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:48 AM
  • Camper Brand:2002 Fleetwood Elkhorn
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Ford F250SD Powerstroke 4X4 CCLB
  • Name (Public):Ron & Jenn Balducci

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

I'm a new Fleetwood owner. I just purchased my TC last week. It's a Fleetwood Elkhorn 2002 9T. I haven't taken delivery of it as I'm waiting for a leak to be repaired. Everything else seems to be in good repair other than the leak on the cabover window. If anyone has any tips for this virgin camper, I'm all ears. Thanks,

Ron

#18 OFFLINE   TimsToy

TimsToy

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 480 posts
    ALSO LIKE BASS FISHING

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:15 AM

I'm a new Fleetwood owner. I just purchased my TC last week. It's a Fleetwood Elkhorn 2002 9T. I haven't taken delivery of it as I'm waiting for a leak to be repaired. Everything else seems to be in good repair other than the leak on the cabover window. If anyone has any tips for this virgin camper, I'm all ears. Thanks,

Ron

Hi RON
Well after looking at all the FLEETWOOD post's it looks like alot of us just got into the T C way of life :P
I just got my 2000 CARIBOU 11j 4 months ago and i'm also still working things out and because we might still get a freez hear in no AR I still haven't put water in the tanks even though they have built in heaters ?? WE have been around 70 off and on so I guess next weekend I'll take the plung and tank it up so I can see if I have eny leaks :P
I'm finshing up installing a back-up cam. today because I'll be towing a car trailer with a tall wind braker and it's just allmost inposable for me to back it up bymyself .
Anyhow good to see we are not alone :D

See ya in N E in june
TimsTOY
TIM

Ron

Hi RON
Well after looking at all the FLEETWOOD post's it looks like alot of us just got into the T C way of life :P
I just got my 2000 CARIBOU 11j 4 months ago and i'm also still working things out and because we might still get a freez hear in no AR I still haven't put water in the tanks even though they have built in heaters ?? WE have been around 70 off and on so I guess next weekend I'll take the plung and tank it up so I can see if I have eny leaks :lol:
I'm finshing up installing a back-up cam. today because I'll be towing a car trailer with a tall wind braker and it's just allmost inposable for me to back it up bymyself .
Anyhow good to see we are not alone :D

See ya in N E in june
TimsTOY
TIM
70 years old
1959 ford skyliner red & white that I love to drive but is to heavy to trailer !

widowed 3/1/2005

#19 OFFLINE   TimsToy

TimsToy

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 480 posts
    ALSO LIKE BASS FISHING

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:39 AM

Sbrady88

Hi Brady
I was looking at the FLEETWOOD posts and got to thinking :P ??? I was wondering what part of the countery every body lives in and got thinking we {{ FLEET"S }} lol might get togather at camp out somewear
that would be centerail to all ??? Now I don't mean for us to form a new club or anythimg like that !! just a get
togather or somethimg . SO wear do you live ??
I live in MOUNTAIN HOME AR 72653 ANYONE CLOSE

TimsTOY
TIM [attachment=449:attachment]

Sbrady88

Hi Brady
I was looking at the FLEETWOOD posts and got to thinking :lol: ??? I was wondering what part of the countery every body lives in and got thinking we {{ FLEET"S }} lol might get togather at camp out somewear
that would be centerail to all ??? Now I don't mean for us to form a new club or anythimg like that !! just a get
togather or somethimg . SO wear do you live ??
I live in MOUNTAIN HOME AR 72653 ANYONE CLOSE

TimsTOY
TIM
70 years old

widowed 3/1/2005

#20 OFFLINE   Hey there

Hey there

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

Hi, we (dw and me) live in Pendergrass, GA. That's about 40 miles NE of Hotlanta off I-85.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In