123 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts
  • Local time: 06:34 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

yep still an active thread. geocaching just had the 15 year birthday as fellow cachers know and its growing.

the event i mentioned (pend oreille county washington) before is now published. fellow cachers can check out GC5TCR8. this is the project i have been working on with the county for the last several months. i will be out this weekend with a person from the county to get exact cache locations set for the challenge. its pretty exciting. a custom coin is being made and we will get it by the end of this month. the challenge is expected to take 2 days to complete. 

there will be other organizations involved with this event too. i have been working with a 4h club, teaching geocaching and getting their tech club involved in caching. then there will be involvement with the forest service, power companies (dams) and other tourism entities. 

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#122 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

just another reminder for those that might be passing through eastern washington for the rally in colorado, or those that can not attend but are in the area:

the geocache event and challenge ive been working on for several months with pend oreille county is quickly approaching.

event is july 18th at 9 am. at the pend oreille county park north of spokane washington. there is camping available for $10 per night.

as ive stated before, geocaching and truck campers go great together!

http://www.geocachin...ounty-challenge

www.thetclife.com

#123 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:39 PM

Yep, old topic...still just as much fun.

My wife, son and I placed a geocache on top of a mountain last October and yesterday it was finally found for the first time. The mountain is in northeastern Washington. Molybdenite Mountain with a peak elevation of 6,784 feet. They still came across some snow at the top but made the find without issues. I REALLY enjoy hiking mountain tops and I am working on the top 50 in eastern Washington. the cache is GC65TBW for you fellow geocachers. 

It is always exciting to get out and hike and having a camper as a base camp is perfect. I hope to get 3 more mountain tops done by August of this year.  I will use our camper as base camp on the 4th of July weekend to hike the highest peak in eastern Washington...Gypsy Peak. That is as long as weather is okay, no big storms. Next year is my big push to hike a bunch more of them, there is only about a 5 month window every year without too deep of snow.

www.thetclife.com

#124 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

We still do Geocache very often. Here in the Pacific Northwest 4 local Spokane Washington Geocache friends made a find that they were not expecting.

Here is the link to one of the news stories about it:

http://www.tri-cityh...e112456632.html

www.thetclife.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In