Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Idaho
  • Camper Brand:1999 Comfort Camp 950SD
  • Truck Make & Model:2010 Chevrolet 2500HD

Posted 21 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Hi Everyone - New to the forum here and back to a TC after many years of other RV types while the kids were growing up.   I've always been "Thrifty" if you will,  so I prefer to find older specimens that are in great shape and get the most bang for my buck...  My first TC in 1995 was a 1969 Capri 8' model with an icebox and no bathroom bought for the princely sum of $400.   That TC served me well for 5 years until i regrettably moved on to a TT, Class C,  Class A,  back to a TT, then a Toy Hauler.

My latest addition is much nicer than the old Capri,  but it seems to be an orphan of serious proportion.  I recently purchased an 1999 Comfort Camp M-950SD Extended Cab model.  From everything I can find,  they were only made for 2 years and apparently went out of business.   Having been stored inside it's entire life,  it's in darn good shape and fully operational.  I have some work to do getting it ready for serious use (Solar, Additional Insulation, LED Bulbs, Custom Rear Storage Rack/Hitch etc) but am a little mystified as to the lack of information available on them.     Anybody know anything about Comfort Camp?  Was it a case of just too nice a camper for the price point?   With my luck,  it's probably because they all came with free case of Leprosy or something,  but I'd sure like to know.

Cheers...

Orrin

#2 OFFLINE   OrrinSackett

OrrinSackett

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Well,   guess no news is not bad news,  so at least I have that going for me.   Made some progress this week getting the 2010 Chevy 2500 ready for the new camper.  Was able to de-code the Comfort Camp wiring scheme and now have lights all around.  Got my tie-down system installed,  some Timbren Severe Service bumpstops put in,  LED Bulbs installed and leak tested the propane system.  Found 1 bad line at the bottles so I replaced them both and got the tanks re-certified.  Hopefully my turnbuckles show up this week so I can load the thing and start mocking up the rear "porch" and towing system....  Hunting season is just 2 weeks away,  so it will be a push to get everything done...

Cheers,

Orrin

#3 OFFLINE   Electrojake

Electrojake

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 152 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Northeastern US
  • Interests:Work is my hobby.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Arrow-U
  • Truck Make & Model:RAM 3500 Cummins/AISIN
  • Name (Public):Jake

Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:11 PM

Hi Everyone - New to the forum here and back to a TC after many years of other RV types while the kids were growing up.   I've always been "Thrifty" if you will,  so I prefer to find older specimens that are in great shape and get the most bang for my buck...  My first TC in 1995 was a 1969 Capri 8' model with an icebox and no bathroom bought for the princely sum of $400.   That TC served me well for 5 years until i regrettably moved on to a TT, Class C,  Class A,  back to a TT, then a Toy Hauler.

Cheers...

Orrin

Interesting story Orrin.

Sounds like your on the move with this project.  :fing32:

Welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Jake

2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn - Cummins/AISIN, 4x4, SRW, ShortBd.
2017 Northstar Arrow-U

#4 OFFLINE   mtnkwby

mtnkwby

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 11:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA/OR
  • Interests:Camping and 4x4's
  • Camper Brand:S&S 11SC
  • Truck Make & Model:1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually, Camper Special
  • Name (Public):Chuck & Ruth

Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:45 PM

Pictures.....we like pictures!

1990 F350 S/C Dually Camper Special

1990 S&S 11SC Camper

2011 Ranger S/C XLT

2006 CR-V

#5 OFFLINE   OrrinSackett

OrrinSackett

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys!   Pictures are forthcoming.  Turnbuckles got here yesterday and  I am hoping to get ol' CC loaded tomorrow evening so I can work out how much space I will have for the rear "porch".   I also want to get it loaded to Road Ready condition and go down to the log yard and hit the scales.   The claimed "Wet Weight" is 2200lbs,  but I'm betting it's closer to 3000 lbs by the time everything is said and done.

Cheers!

Orrin

#6 OFFLINE   amcclaran

amcclaran

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 464 posts
  • Local time: 03:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:vermont
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Laredo '06
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel ext cab, short bed
  • Name (Public):anne

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

I second the motion for pictures. Have never heard of a "comfort camp".

tn_gallery_3117_167_22668.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In