Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 03:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Yukon
  • Camper Brand:2007 EagleCap
  • Truck Make & Model:850

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

We are looking at a variety of TC’s as we have been away from the marketplace for several years. Our last TC was a 2007 Eagle Cap 850.

Can anyone provide insights on Arctic Fox Eagle Cap, Citation, Okanagan, Lance, Adventurer, Bigfoot in terms of durability and being in hot and cold climates?

We see all of these unit similarly priced and given similar features have no clue which to buy?

Thank-you🙂

#2 OFFLINE   Electrojake

Electrojake

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 124 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Northeastern US
  • Interests:Work is my hobby.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Arrow-U
  • Truck Make & Model:RAM 3500 Cummins/AISIN
  • Name (Public):Jake

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:20 PM

Wow...

That's some heavy artillery right there.  :)

Just curious but... What truck you putting this on?

Thanks,

Jake

2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn - Cummins/AISIN, 4x4, SRW, ShortBd.
2017 Northstar Arrow-U

#3 OFFLINE   Chief 2

Chief 2

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Local time: 09:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tennessee
  • Camper Brand:2015 Lance 1172
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevrolet 3500
  • Name (Public):Gary

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:16 AM

We have now owned two Lances and are pleased with them. Alot will depend on what you are looking for on the inside, storage, price and weight. Slide or non slide also. Good luck with your search.

#4 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2155 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:24 AM

Are you buying "new" or used?   Okanagan is no longer in production.

#5 OFFLINE   Norske

Norske

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Local time: 08:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:MN
  • Camper Brand:Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy 3500HD Crew cab DRW

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:54 AM

Cold weather (not cool, really cold) rules out anything with a slide out.  The seals lose heat and the slide walls aren't as thick as outside walls.  4-season labels mean nothing should freeze at 0F, any other label (like arctic package, cold weather package, etc.) is meaningless.  "4-season" is an industry standard.  I have a 2012 non-slide Lance 1050.  It's durable enough, but other brands are framed stronger and therefore weigh more.  I use mine as a hunting camp in ND during the November deer season.  I have shore power for a space heater to lessen the load on the furnace and the only thing that's frozen in sub-zero temperatures is the toilet water supply line which runs under the floor.  My holding tanks are heated via furnace ducts, the dump valves are heated via cold air return to the furnace.  Black water dumping is sometimes a pain, so I pack a Porta Pottie.

Bigfoot has the best reputation for insulation, but earlier ones had a flooring problem with rot because of the non-vented basement.  Few Lance or AF models are non-slide.  During our two summer trips to Alaska, we've seen a lot of rental Adventurer TCs on heavy duty Ford pickups.  The only downside I notice with them is the height of the basement and entry door.  The entry steps are like a short ladder.  I think a German tourist camped next to us in Dawson City, YT said he rented his in Whitehorse.  Others picked theirs up in Vancouver, BC.

Do a little research in www.truckcampermagazine.com and of course the manufacturers' websites.  

#6 OFFLINE   SrFADE

SrFADE

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Colorado
  • Camper Brand:Northern-Lite
  • Truck Make & Model:RAM 3500 6.7L CC DRW

Posted 06 September 2018 - 02:17 PM

Not sure if the omission was intentional but we recently went from Lance to Northern-Lite.  Another high quality, non-slide truck camper similar to the construction of the Bigfoot.  Had it up in the mountains this week with below freezing night time temps and it was very easy to keep warm with minimal use of the furnace.  Worth looking at since all of the mfrs you have already listed, as under consideration, are comparably priced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In