• Admin
  • 12483 posts
  • Local time: 08:12 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:22 AM

Caravanas de Mexico RV Tours will now give discounts to any NATCOA member of 5% or $500 (US), whichever is more, on any trip. You must join NATCOA if you have not already.

This upcoming season, there is a 21 day trip to Copper Canyon & Mazatlan on November 17th. It includes 3 nights Hotel in Copper Canyon and one night in Durango (There is bus trip across the spectacular Mazatlan Durango hwy). You can also cross with myself on Nov 1st and spend 2 weeks in San Carlos, you can also stay over Christmas, maybe in Mazatlan, and return in mid Feb or end of March with another trip. If everyone is agreeable they may start this trip on Nov 13th or 14th instead, and add some beach time. It is a small group

There is  similar trip of 30 days leaving on January 22nd. That trip has an optional extension to 67 days and includes Colonial cities & west coast beaches (Durango, Zacetecas, Guanajuato, Monarch Butterflies, Cuitzeo, Mexico City, Taxco, Guadalajara, Melaque, Lo de Marcos - San Blas, Mazatlan & north.)

An Airstream (silver sausage) club caravan which probably applies to nobody here, and it is full, anyway. 

You can email me at beddows1@telus.net

The ULSD issue is suppose to be gone by December. Certainly no issue as far as Maztalan. Competive stations to Pemex are popping up everywhere and they are importing fuel from the US.

All tours include RV parks, a lot of day tours and a lot of meals. They all start & end at Nogales, AZ this season. Some have Spanish lessons (the January extention and the Nov Copper Canyon). Wagon Maste rin November will be the owners son, in Jan a couple from Kentucky as far as Mazatlan and a Mexican-American couple )gay) from Guadlajara will be leading the extension.

Please do not turn this thread into a "Mexico is dangerous" discussion. It is not for tourists, unless you are involved in drugs. If you are wary, nobody is forcing anyone. Besides you are in a group. I have now spent 6 months a year down there for the last 10 years, driving the entire country by myself or leading caravans without any incident. Violence there tends to be targeted, you don't see a nut job shooting people at a concert from a hotel room, for example. Your chance of being a victim of property crime is higher, but they use RV parks and minimize any boondocking.

Here is a  description: http://mexicorvbuddi...-2019season.php

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#2 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2155 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:28 AM

Paul, you might sometime consider including a side trip to Puebla, MX to the Cholula pyramid.  

The Great Pyramid of Cholula is the largest (though mostly unknown) pyramid on the planet.  Yes, bigger than anything in Egypt.

Archaeologist are still exploring it and have opened some of the tunnels which can be visited with tourist guides.  It's pretty fascinating.

#3 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12483 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 31 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

I have been there, its a matter of time. It looks like a hill with a church on top. Last itme I was there you could not go inside.

Most impressive ones I have seen are at Calakmul near the Guatemalan border. I have led 2 caravans there. A bit of chore to get into them, 40 km up a jungle road, but they are impressive. There is also a huge bat cave near the turnoff where 1000's of bats emerge at sunset.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In