Jump to content



Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here


Tax on used Truck Camper

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DaretobeDifferent



  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 02:47 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Country:Canada
  • Gender:Male
  • Camper Brand:Looking
  • Truck Make & Model:Looking

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

I live in BC and am currently in the process on looking for my first TC, I have heard rumours that there is no PST on used bought privately is this true? If so why would you have to at a dealer?

#2 OFFLINE   mtnkwby


    Grand Potentate

  • Members
  • 441 posts
  • Local time: 05:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA/OR
  • Country:USA
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Old Guys Park
  • Interests:Camping and 4x4's
  • Camper Brand:S&S 11SC
  • Truck Make & Model:1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually, Camper Special
  • Name (Public):Chuck & Ruth

Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

I suppose it would depend on where you live, in California their not titled or tagged, so no.  In Oregon they have to be tagged and titled, so yes.  As for using a dealer...that would be up to the buyer.

1990 F350 S/C Dually Camper Special

1990 S&S 11SC Camper

2011 Ranger S/C XLT

2006 CR-V


#3 OFFLINE   Norske


    Grand Potentate

  • Members
  • 217 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:MN
  • Country:US
  • Gender:Male
  • Camper Brand:Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy 3500HD Crew cab DRW

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:31 AM

You will get a more reliable answer if you contact someone in BC tax department.

#4 OFFLINE   Optimistic Paranoid

Optimistic Paranoid


  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Upstate New York
  • Country:United States
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Firearms. Photography. History. Science Fiction. Military History.
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ford F250

Posted 09 July 2018 - 05:13 AM

Assuming what you call PST is the same as our Sales Tax . . . Here in NY, dealers are required to collect the sales tax and forward it to the Department of Finance.  Obviously, a private party can't do that, but you - the buyer - are nevertheless required to "voluntarily" report the transaction and pay the sales tax on your annual state income tax form.




My Body is a Temple! Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like To Make Advanced Plans.  It Causes the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In