• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time: 09:33 PM
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Travel Lite 700
  • Truck Make & Model:Toyota Tundra
  • Name (Public):Tex

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Hi all, I was super jazzed about potentially purchasing a used Travel Lite 700 built in 2015 as it will fit well with my 2004 Tundra. However after perusing this forum now I’m doubtful about moving forward with the purchase. The issue is I don’t want a pop up TC and everything out there weighs too much or is at the top of my limit ~1,800lbs. The 700 floor plan is great, I don’t need much, no bath etc. The guy who is selling it spent a month in it with his grandson and no issues so I’m surprised by the comments here. I really trust him as he is a long time RVr and clearly hates to sell this one but must due to health.

I like the Lance 650 but it’s wet weight maxs out my truck. I’m not crazy about that. I have been considering a Capri which I could customize to my own desires but I live in California thus making pick up in Texas difficult even with most of my family there. And I also like the Alaskan 6.5 and its weight is good, but pricey! Anyone think my Tundra would be fine with the Lance? I’m anxious to get on the road :)

Thanks for any suggestions!
Marty

Edited by MBADGETT, 28 January 2018 - 08:15 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   stuwu4s

stuwu4s

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 748 posts
  • Local time: 04:33 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NC
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):stuart johnson

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:10 PM

i do not know what weight you want/need , etc. but check out Northstar Trucks. they seem to have a good choice of different type and sizes.

BTW pop ups are a good choice since you are  concerned about weight.

We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG.We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a LOYALITY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

#3 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1009 posts
  • Local time: 01:33 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NE
  • Interests:Learning as much as I can.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Laredo
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500

Posted 01 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Personally, with the limited weight capacity of that truck, I’d be looking at a light weight aluminum framed Four Wheel Camper Hawk or Flet model.
I have been a tent camper since my Boy Scout days long, long, ago. Now I need to get up off of the cold ground to get a good nights rest, a truck camper seems to be the best choice. I am here to learn as much as I can.

#4 OFFLINE   MBADGETT

MBADGETT

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

Ohh cool! Thanks I had not seen the Four wheel before, best of all I going to the Sacramento airport tomorrow and their showroom is 15 min away!! Thanks so much!

#5 OFFLINE   MBADGETT

MBADGETT

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:23 AM

Personally, with the limited weight capacity of that truck, I’d be looking at a light weight aluminum framed Four Wheel Camper Hawk or Flet model.

Hi Stan. FYI. I made it by 4wheel and was very impressed. I really didn’t want a pop up again, had a trailer. But this thing is impressive! Seriously thank you for pointing me towards them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In