• NATCOA Members
  • 472 posts
  • Local time: 07:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Camper Brand:2017 Grand Design Solitude 39' 5th wheel
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 CC 4X4 6.0L, 2017 Ford F-450 CC, 6.7L
  • Name (Public):George Brown

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

​Sally and I have begun shopping for a new Class A Diesel Pusher coach for our future adventures.  I know first we went over to the dark side with two 5th wheel trailers and we really like our current 40' unit that Sally calls home while working 6 hours away from home.  

​We still have our Lance 1191 camper and plan to venture back to Alaska again to travel north to Inuvik and Prudhoe Bay above the Arctic Circle and visit the NW Territory and the Arctic Ocean in the next couple years some summer.  The Haul Road up to Prudhoe Bae and the road to Inuvik are not trailer or coach friendly.  I've done the lower 400 miles of the Haul Road back in 2000 in my Jeep out of Fairbanks.  Just not interested in thrashing a newer RV.  We'll take the Lance and a toad behind it and do side trips in the Jeep to explore while the truck and camper hang at a base camp where we are staying.  

​We used this method in summer of 2016 on a 3 month get away to Alaska, BC, the Yukon and Alberta a couple times when the side trips we wanted to explore were not rig friendly so we just took the truck, left the 5er at our campsite and took day trips to visit the out of the way locations we wanted to check out.

Anyway, picking out a new RV especially in a class you are not familiar with takes some time so we have started now to do research, positive reviews, good company support and the best quality for the money spent.  Along with a few things Class A's have that campers and 5ers don't have.  Like engines, lots of big tires, Some have air brakes. 

Retirement: "Every Day's a Holiday & Every Meal's a Banquet"

#2 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3741 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:29 AM

Going to still have the utility trailer? Because you know from past experience..."its in the trailer". 

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#3 OFFLINE   Electrojake

Electrojake

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 123 posts
  • Local time: 10:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Northeastern US
  • Interests:Work is my hobby.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Arrow-U
  • Truck Make & Model:RAM 3500 Cummins/AISIN
  • Name (Public):Jake

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

​Sally and I have begun shopping for a new Class A Diesel Pusher coach for our future adventures.  

Anyway, picking out a new RV especially in a class you are not familiar with takes some time so we have started now to do research, positive reviews, good company support and the best quality for the money spent. 

Sounds like your going to have an interesting thread going-on here.

Keep us posted... Some pics too?  :)

Thanks,

-Ej-

2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn - Cummins/AISIN, 4x4, SRW, ShortBd.
2017 Northstar Arrow-U

#4 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2155 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 27 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

RV dealers bring in tons of product to the Quartzite RV show.  You can see a lot of product, new and used, during that time.  They sell fast and i think the deals are good because the dealers don't want to have to take the rigs back to California.

After five years of looking on various lots, we found the rig floor plan that we really liked at the show.   Used, low miles, lots of previous owner upgrades, at a good price.  Did not buy when the realization that our TC lifestyle was where we wanted to stay.

BUT, we're going back to Quartzite this season to shop for a used gasser Class A with the purpose of keeping it at our AZ lot - then winter travel with it into Mexico.  Still keeping the TC though.  Maybe see you there?

#5 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12483 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Get in touch when you come down to Mexico, Rich. BTW pemex told me that all of mexico will have ULSD diesel by end of 2018. I have a list of 3200 stations already supposeledy pumping it, plus  a lot of competattive stations liek Gulf, chevroin & BP are appearing

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In