#1 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1750 posts
  • Local time: 07:37 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

As of Sept 14/17, had Torklift Central install a set of glowstep Revolutions on the back of our Bigfoot 30C10.11SL.
The rear door on the Bigfoot is off Center to the right and the steps are also a bit to the right of the door it self.
This is to clear the tow hitch when the steps are stowed.
Also if I leave the towed Jeep attached and only remove the right arm on the blue ox hitch, which only takes a couple minutes, I can deploy the glowsteps.
The 5 step glowsteps replace a added on 3 step motor home steps, which replaced the original scissors steps that came with camper, they were quite rickety and after falling off twice were replaced.
The height I needed about 4 1/2 steps, so I got 5, if you look at the Torklift site you will see they have 3 adjustments at the top and the leveling legs have 5 more.
I actually got one more adjustment, after I unlock the steps and pull them out slightly, I shove the top step back in to lock and then pull out the bottom 4 steps.
This works for level ground or if the front of truck higher then back, I would deploy the top step if the back of camper is higher.
In conclusion these steps are quite solid and a lot of adjustability for any terrain.
I was told back in Sept I was the first truck camper with Glowstep Revolutions ever installed.
Rick

#2 OFFLINE   Mr Firewood

Mr Firewood

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 446 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Camper Brand:2017 Grand Design Solitude 39' 5th wheel
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 CC 4X4 6.0L, 2017 Ford F-450 CC, 6.7L
  • Name (Public):George Brown

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Hello Rick & Susanne:

We love our Glow Step Revolutions we've had on our current and previous 5th wheel trailers.  Only issue we had was during our 3 month trailer trip to Alaska and the extreme mud conditions we encountered in a couple places gummed up the hinge points, however a good power washing of the stairs and the entire truck and trailer at a park in Dawson City, Yukon Territory resolved and returned them to being easy to extend and store.   

We got a new 2017 F-450 King Ranch a few months ago and the truck is very nice compared to my 2006 F-550.  Will be taking it over to Torklift next Spring to have them install a new Super Hitch and camper tie downs.  Still got the F-550 till I can get all the up fitting completed to make it a useful work truck for our needs.  New truck needs a plow frame, wiring for plow controller & front receiver hitch fabricated.  Did get two 7 pin plug outlets installed in the bed and the under bed 5'er hitch installed.

George 

Retirement: "Every Day's a Holiday & Every Meal's a Banquet"

#3 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2125 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:29 PM

Hi Rick.  A friend has an older BigFoot that's well worn.  I sent him the link to the glowsteps.  He responded that the Glow Steps are worth more than the camper!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In