DaveinVirginia

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:VA
  • Name (Public):Dave

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:24 PM

I am seriously considering a new NL and am looking for any experiences you might have with them?  I will be using it a lot when working in Northern Virginia, so the A/C and the furnace will get extensive use. 

Appreciate your time.

#2 OFFLINE   MacMan

MacMan

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:NorthernLite
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-350

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:22 AM

I am seriously considering a new NL and am looking for any experiences you might have with them?  I will be using it a lot when working in Northern Virginia, so the A/C and the furnace will get extensive use. 

Appreciate your time.

I don't know how helpful this will be. We just picked up our Northern Lite 10.2 a couple of days ago in Portland.  We spent the night on Hwy. 97 and the temp dropped to 16*.  The heater ran a couple of times and we were very comfortable.  The camper is quiet and has pretty good storage for a non-slide non- fiver camper.  

When we dropped into CA the temp got up to 76* and when we stopped the AC cooled us right down then we just used the fan and windows open to stay cool.

The most irritating thing so far is a minor one.  The sewer hose will not fit into the bumper for storage.  The opening is too small to allow the flanges on either end of the hose to be inserted into the bumper.  Kind of stupid for a 2018 model year camper to not account for the standard size flanges on the sewer hoses.  Now I have to do some hillbilly engineering to find a way to store the hose.  

I know it's not a long term report but it may help a little.  

#3 OFFLINE   Wanky

Wanky

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Alberta
  • Interests:Fishing, Hiking
  • Camper Brand:Northern Lite 811 Q Classic
  • Truck Make & Model:2016 GMC 3500 Duramax
  • Name (Public):Eric

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:24 AM

We've had a smaller NL for 10 years - their Queen Classic 8'11".  I am a bit fan of this camper, and I'll be hanging on to it for another 10 years.

The factory still takes my phone calls when I have a question, and everyone I've run into that has one doesn't have much bad to say about them.  We have a couple of RV rental companies that use this camper in their fleets, so the value must be relatively high and the maintenance relatively low.

Better buy yours before they whack NAFTA, and they slap duties on it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In