• Admin
  • 12471 posts
  • Local time: 07:59 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

This will cross from the eastern tip of Canada across the eastern US towards Texas and through Mexico. The best chance for clear weather is Mazatlan, Mexico where it will be total around noon. Caravanas de Mexico, whom I am a wagon master for,  is planning an RV Caravan to Mazatlan for this. (Maybe including Copper Canyon as an optional) There is an expression of interest form (no commitment as yet) up at http://mexicocaravan.com/eclipse

I expect to lead this tour myself.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#2 OFFLINE   Rick Johnson

Rick Johnson

Grand Potentate

• Moderators
  • 368 posts
  • Local time: 08:59 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Ford F350 Crew Cab dually
  • Name (Public):Rick Johnson

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

Paul,

I went to a total eclipse in Mexico in the summer of 1991. On the beach in San Blas, the clouds moved in off of the ocean about 15 min before totality. Bummer. It was perfect this year in eastern Idaho in the valley on the back side of the Tetons near Griggs. Planned for 3 years to see it and didn't need campground reservations.

BTW, the 2024 eclipse starts in the Pacific, makes landfall in Mexico and heads toward Canada. Totality of more than 4 mins is nearly the longest totality can be. Sounds like a good idea to plan so far in advance. Our family's current planning is for somewhere a bit remote in Texas. Dallas and Ft. Worth are in the path of totality. My adult kids can't afford the time you will invest in a tour like yours but it sounds like a good plan.

Rick

2004 F-350 Crew Cab 4WD Dually w/ Airlift air bags, Luverne brush guard, side steps and splash guards.
2007 LanceMax 1181 with nearly every option, enlarged cabover space (driver's side locker omitted), wider custom mattress.

#3 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12471 posts
  • Local time: 07:59 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Actually probablity of clear skies in Mazatlan on that date are 60%. We could plan to shift inland to durango at the last minute if it looks doubtful. Next total eclipses in North american are oddly enough a year apart, both in August in 2044 & 2045. The first one is in Alberta, Canada going north south and the second one crosses the continental US east west. I will be in my mid 90's or dead.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In