• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:New York
  • Camper Brand:Northstar
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy Silverato
  • Name (Public):Lee

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:08 AM

Have a Northstar TC that drains the fresh water tank straight down through the floor onto the ground when off the truck. Has anyone retrofitted a way to drain while leaving on the truck. Would prefer not to dump the water in the truck  bed  for obvious reasons. Really don't want to run the pump constant to drain through the sink and grey water tank. Thanks  Lee

#2 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1915 posts
  • Local time: 12:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

Without seeing your TC or even knowing which model it is. I take a stab at it. You are say draining out the bottom in to the bed I can see the set up in my mind. Maybe the line going to your pump just before it gets to the pump install a tee will a shut of valve and a water hose connection and cap. Still have water to the TC all the time yet the shut off only affects the hose connection. In my trailer I have extra water tank and a gray tank. There I have two 12v pumps one for each tank. With the 12v pump you could hook up a hose from the TC connection to the pump and just pump it out, just make sure you have the water fill open or you could flatting your tank. I got the pump at homedepot online, Cost wasn't that much. just a stab at it.

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#3 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 995 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NE
  • Interests:Learning as much as I can.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Laredo
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

I'm also looking for a simple solution.
I have been a tent camper since my Boy Scout days long, long, ago. Now I need to get up off of the cold ground to get a good nights rest, a truck camper seems to be the best choice. I am here to learn as much as I can.

#4 OFFLINE   Lancealot

Lancealot

lancealot

• NATCOA Members
  • 581 posts
  • Local time: 10:23 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Interests:TCing , fly fishing , drag racing ,
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1010
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 f-550 XLT crew/4x4
  • Name (Public):Brian

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:01 PM

Is it possible to get access to the drain pipe on the outside of TC , if so maybe run an extension pipe past the TC to back end of truck box and let the water flow to the ground .Our

Lance has a drain pipe at the rear compartment on the driver's side . I just open the access door and let the water drain to the ground . Hope this helps you . Brian 

CAMPING  where you spend a small fortune , to live like a homeless person .

#5 OFFLINE   TDWebster

TDWebster

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 95 posts
  • Local time: 01:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:IN
  • Camper Brand:2006 arctic Fox 990
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 1ton Dually CTD
  • Name (Public):Ted Webster

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:36 AM

Is it possible to get access to the drain pipe on the outside of TC , if so maybe run an extension pipe past the TC to back end of truck box and let the water flow to the ground .Our

Lance has a drain pipe at the rear compartment on the driver's side . I just open the access door and let the water drain to the ground . Hope this helps you . Brian 

I recently had the bottom of our AF 990 out, and was able to see for myself how everything was plumbed, the freshwater outside drain is just piped from the back of the tank to the rear area and a valve installed near the greywater/ blackwater drain area, then through the bottom, allowing all drain operations while on the truck. Removal of the bottom in my case would be the only real way of a good modification to the system.

#6 OFFLINE   lat

lat

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 07:23 AM
  • State/Province or Region:New York
  • Camper Brand:Northstar
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy Silverato
  • Name (Public):Lee

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the replies. With the camper off the truck I was able to get under and drill holes for tubing to be fed from the original drain back to the rear of the camper. Then I attached the tubing to the end of the valve sticking down through the floor with a compression fitting. Used a cable clamp to keep it from bending too far and kinking the tube as it turned.

Appreciate the suggestions. Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In