• NATCOA Members
  • 22 posts
  • Local time: 05:08 PM
  • State/Province or Region:MT
  • Camper Brand:Palomino Real Lite
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge RAM 2500 Cummings
  • Name (Public):Brian in Montana

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

I am wondering if other Palomino owners have the same issue as I am having with my fridge.  When plugged into the AC it cools to about 42 degrees but when on propane it only gets in the mid 50 degree area.  Two of my friends have Palominos and are having the same issue.  Is this a known issue and is there a fix?  We have added a fan in the fridge but it doesn't help with the temp.  This becomes an issue when traveling long distances.  Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   Hempomatic

Hempomatic

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Local time: 07:08 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NJ
  • Interests:Music, guitars, motorcycles, traveling/camping, Our 2 dogs (Pug, Frenchie). I'm retired, able to do so while I'm still young and good looking. Spending as much time as I can with my wonderful wife.
  • Camper Brand:Travel Lite 960RX.
  • Truck Make & Model:'15 ford 250 4X4 superduty extended cab, 6.2L 340HP Torklift Tie Downs, Fast Guns, and and Stable Loads, Bodiak front hitch
  • Name (Public):ken

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:30 AM

It's not a palomino issue, it's a refrigerator issue.  What refrigerator is in your camper?  I had a similar problem with my 3 way Dometic refrigerator last month when we were camping at higher altitudes.  Worked fine on A/C or D/C, and I was scratching my head for a minute.  My wife had noticed the night before that the ignitor on the refrigerator was working a lot more than normal. In my case, I adjusted the propane pressure regulator and it fired right up.  A little tricky without a manifold gauge, but I managed. If you have no knowledge of gas fired heating systems, you may want to take it to a RV shop to have it adjusted.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In