27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

Official announcement is here for the NATCOA 2018 Rally!

​July 11 - 15 2018

La Grande, Oregon

​Grande Hot Springs Resort

​You must contact the resort to make your own reservations, be sure to tell them you are with the group.

​Plans for the rally include:

​Northwood Manufacturing show and tell. (still working on logistics)

Caravan to the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center (Baker City)

​RV Supporting Manufacturers show and tell

​Hawaiian themed dinner and potluck (Maui steaks or chicken supplied for current NATCOA members)

Movie night

Games and more!

Also, there will be a pre-rally caravan for those interested.

This will be confirmed soon. Plan is to meet in Prairie City on July 10th and stay at the local RV park.  Morning of July 11th we will caravan to Sumpter Oregon to tour the gold dredge there. After a couple hours of touring the old dredge we will caravan to the rally location in La Grande.

​Keep an eye on this topic for more details.

​See you in Oregon!

Resort link:

http://grandehotsprings.com/

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#2 OFFLINE   Mr Firewood

Mr Firewood

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 447 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Camper Brand:2017 Grand Design Solitude 39' 5th wheel
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 CC 4X4 6.0L, 2017 Ford F-450 CC, 6.7L
  • Name (Public):George Brown

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:58 PM

We are in for this Rally.  For those on the fence regarding touring a gold dredge I highly recommend you partake in this offering.  Sally and I toured two up in Alaska and the Yukon and thoroughly enjoyed visiting and hearing the history of the dredges we visited in Chicken, AK and outside Dawson City, Yukon Territory.   

NOTE:  There were some steep steps to climb and ascend and ladder climbing involved in both of our prior dredge tours so keep this in mind if you have mobility difficulties.  

George

Retirement: "Every Day's a Holiday & Every Meal's a Banquet"

#3 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Interests:Things with wheels
  • Camper Brand:2018 Host Mammoth 11.5
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 Ram 5500 HD
  • Name (Public):Pete

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

This has our interest.

2012 Interstate Car Carrier ICC10220TA3, 20'x8.5', 8" I-beam frame, dual 5200 lb 4" drop torsion axles, Diamond plate, Towmax 225/75R15 LRE tires on galvanized rims, Harbor Freight 10k lb equalizing hitch, Camping World vent cover, LED lighting, 3' RV door, front and rear door interior light switches, interior plywood walls and floor, 70' of Harbor Freight E-track rail with recessed corner 5k lb D-rings, Dual 42 gal fresh water tanks with Harbor Freight transfer pump, portable dual  Harbor Freight 45w solar arrays, 100 lbs LPG in four bottles, PowerArmor Max Solar 5-battery box, Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2015 Ram 5500 HD 4wd Tradesman 60" CA, Crew cab with 173.4" wheelbase, 19,000 lb GVWR with 26,000 lb GCWR, Cummins I6 6.7 liter diesel with chassis cab tune 325 hp @ 2800 rpm and 750 ft-lb @ 1700 rpm, Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic, New Process NV271 manual transfer case, 14.5k lb Dana S14-111L limited slip and 7250 lb Magna Steyr 275mm with 4.44 ratios, Palfinger Badger low sill flat bed, Dual DeeZee 36x18x18 under bed boxes, Quad DeeZee 48x18x18 above bed boxes, Curt Double Lock 30K lb gooseneck, Dual 3/4" horse stall mats, SuperHitch Magnum 30K dual receiver with 42" SuperTruss, Upper StableLoads, Short range FastGun turnbuckles with locks

2018 Host Mammoth 11.5, Polarized dual pane windows, Powered and lit awning, Swing out Rieco-Titan jacks,  Fantastic Fan in cab over, Aero-Flo vent covers, 3x160w Zamp Solar with 30A controller, External 24" TV with DVD, Cargo slide tray, dual 6-volt batteries, 2.5KW LPG Onan, External LPG connection, 2-way water heater, Therford 3-burner cook top, Convection/Microwave, 8 cu ft 2-way Norcold Fridge, Loveseat with foot rest, U-shaped dinette, 1000W PSW Zamp inverter, King Jack amplified OTA antenna, 40" Samsung UN40J5200 smart TV in living room, Electric fireplace with heater, Accordion bedroom door, Full wall passenger-side cab over wardrobe, 32" Samsung UN32J5205 smart TV in Bedroom

#4 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

For the pre rally caravan...The RV park in Prairie City said the only thing that would block out available sites is if there is a forest fire in the nearby area. Apperantly the firefighters use that park as a home base. So lets hope for no forest fires for that and other reasons.

www.thetclife.com

#5 OFFLINE   M & S

M & S

Director - Membership

• Directors
  • 80 posts
  • Camper Brand:2011 Arctic Fox, 990,
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Ram, 3500, Diesel, SWD, Ranchero shocks (9000) Air bags, Torklift stableloads upper & lower
  • Name (Public):Mike

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Count us in on this one, also the pre-rally caravan, also if you need any help let us know.

#6 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:26 AM

I have shared news of this event on three other forums and know Rich has posted to one of the Facebook pages I visit. It's a drive for anyone east of the Mississippi River but worthwhile if you have not seen this part of the country.

2012 Interstate Car Carrier ICC10220TA3, 20'x8.5', 8" I-beam frame, dual 5200 lb 4" drop torsion axles, Diamond plate, Towmax 225/75R15 LRE tires on galvanized rims, Harbor Freight 10k lb equalizing hitch, Camping World vent cover, LED lighting, 3' RV door, front and rear door interior light switches, interior plywood walls and floor, 70' of Harbor Freight E-track rail with recessed corner 5k lb D-rings, Dual 42 gal fresh water tanks with Harbor Freight transfer pump, portable dual  Harbor Freight 45w solar arrays, 100 lbs LPG in four bottles, PowerArmor Max Solar 5-battery box, Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2015 Ram 5500 HD 4wd Tradesman 60" CA, Crew cab with 173.4" wheelbase, 19,000 lb GVWR with 26,000 lb GCWR, Cummins I6 6.7 liter diesel with chassis cab tune 325 hp @ 2800 rpm and 750 ft-lb @ 1700 rpm, Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic, New Process NV271 manual transfer case, 14.5k lb Dana S14-111L limited slip and 7250 lb Magna Steyr 275mm with 4.44 ratios, Palfinger Badger low sill flat bed, Dual DeeZee 36x18x18 under bed boxes, Quad DeeZee 48x18x18 above bed boxes, Curt Double Lock 30K lb gooseneck, Dual 3/4" horse stall mats, SuperHitch Magnum 30K dual receiver with 42" SuperTruss, Upper StableLoads, Short range FastGun turnbuckles with locks

2018 Host Mammoth 11.5, Polarized dual pane windows, Powered and lit awning, Swing out Rieco-Titan jacks,  Fantastic Fan in cab over, Aero-Flo vent covers, 3x160w Zamp Solar with 30A controller, External 24" TV with DVD, Cargo slide tray, dual 6-volt batteries, 2.5KW LPG Onan, External LPG connection, 2-way water heater, Therford 3-burner cook top, Convection/Microwave, 8 cu ft 2-way Norcold Fridge, Loveseat with foot rest, U-shaped dinette, 1000W PSW Zamp inverter, King Jack amplified OTA antenna, 40" Samsung UN40J5200 smart TV in living room, Electric fireplace with heater, Accordion bedroom door, Full wall passenger-side cab over wardrobe, 32" Samsung UN32J5205 smart TV in Bedroom

#7 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:30 PM

Count us in on this one, also the pre-rally caravan, also if you need any help let us know.

Right on. Thank you for the offer to help. I will let you know.

www.thetclife.com

#8 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

I have shared news of this event on three other forums and know Rich has posted to one of the Facebook pages I visit. It's a drive for anyone east of the Mississippi River but worthwhile if you have not seen this part of the country.

Yeah but more towards California....at least more than Glacier in Montana. lol.

It is a great place, Northwood has their rally there every year.

www.thetclife.com

#9 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

Some early thoughts to share:

1. The marsh nearby may attract bugs, so bring repellent with you.

2. There are ATV trails accessible close to the park. I don't have details or maps, but this might be good for a group ride.

#10 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

​Sign up link for the rally is now on the first page of this topic.

www.thetclife.com

#11 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

​ I talked with someone at Northwood Manufacturing today. They have to get the final word from the top brass but it is looking very good for them to have a camper or two at the rally and then do a show and tell. I am also trying to get a tour at the plant set up. As stated before, keep a watch on this topic for updates and exciting details.

www.thetclife.com

#12 OFFLINE   dvanceman

dvanceman

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 06:37 PM
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:camping, fishing, biking,kayaking,gardening,
  • Camper Brand:northernlite,2012
  • Truck Make & Model:dodge ram 3500,long box
  • Name (Public):don

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

I would love to attend I live in Colorado and I would have to take 2 weeks off work to make it there. When I retire in 3 years I will be able to make it to some rallies unless there closer to Colorado.Hope everyone has a great time.

#13 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

I would love to attend I live in Colorado and I would have to take 2 weeks off work to make it there. When I retire in 3 years I will be able to make it to some rallies unless there closer to Colorado.Hope everyone has a great time.

We hope to see you at a rally in the future sometime.

www.thetclife.com

#14 OFFLINE   JAfortin

JAfortin

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 01:37 AM
  • State/Province or Region:British Columbia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Very interested

#15 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Very interested

Should be pretty fun. There really is a lot to do in the area. We are pretty excited to go back there once again.

www.thetclife.com

#16 OFFLINE   PACK4TAG

PACK4TAG

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 56 posts
  • Local time: 05:37 PM
  • State/Province or Region:IA -AZ
  • Camper Brand:2001 825 LL EC Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:15 FORD 250 BRONZE GAS W/TAG
  • Name (Public):Roy

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

We've toured that area years ago.All the more reason to do it again.

Count us in

See ya,     Pete & Trish,save us a spot close by

Gaye & Roy

#17 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

Count us in

Gaye & Roy

I did get your sign up form. Thanks for joining us!

www.thetclife.com

#18 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:15 AM

Count us in

Gaye & Roy

There's some Mayhem and Bedlam going on right now at our household. It should settle next month then we can block out that time to hopefully meet up again with our camping neighbors.

#19 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

Bob & Betsy live close by in Cove, OR and have an AF1140. They plan to attend the rally and have offered to provide information about the local area. Bob says on that Saturday is a hot road show in La Grande with 200-300 cars displayed. They are on the Northwood owner's forum which requires free registration to access:

http://www.nroa2003....r/626-bobnelson

#20 OFFLINE   bobnelson

bobnelson

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:RV'ing, taking naps, good beer and wine. We have a 16' cargo trailer to haul the 98 Chev Tracker... and other camping related stuff.
    Union County Search and Rescue
    Boondockerswelcome.com
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC Sierra 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Bob Nelson

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

I live in Cove, just 15 miles from Hot lake....  Will gladly be a local contact....

Will start to gather ATV ride area stuff and contact the local chamber of commerce...

At the Northwood RV Owners Association (NROA aka Arctic Fox) Rally in late June, one event that is always well attended is a tour of the Wildlife refuge next door.  I'm sure they will accommodate...

Let me know how I can assist...

I also can accommodate a few units at our property in Cove...  Electric free, well water via 200' hose, if your black water is full, ya been there too long..  nearest black dump is Hot Lake RV.  We are not in competition with Hot Lake...  and not a real rv park...  Just some open space

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In