• Admin
  • 12484 posts
  • Local time: 12:39 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:47 PM

I teach English as a second language one day a week. Among my students are people from South America, China, Korea, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Somalia, Iraq, Iran, Kosovo, the former Soviet Union, etc.

Today the whole school (all English students, about 200 of them) got together for a Christmas party. This included all of their children from the attached Day care. We all got together to sing Christmas Carols, etc. The group included Christians, Moslems, Shiks, Hindus, Budhists, Shintoists, etc. Not one was offended & everyone got into the spirit of brotherhood. I'm sure the ACLU would be shocked. It made me proud to be a Canadian & realize people can come to this country & embrace our culture. It put new meaning to the Canadian motto: Stand together, understand together. Since I've been teaching English I have changed my attitude a lot. I've come to realize that decent people are really no different in their morals & aspirations no matter where they come from. The trick is to let the good ones in, keep the bad ones out.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#2 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Local time: 02:39 PM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 15 December 2005 - 07:32 AM

Nice story Paul, the kind you seldom hear. Reminds me of the issue with the Pentagon paying the local media in Iraq for positive news, because they assumed that the world and more particularly, Americans, were tired of hearing nothing but bad news. Always nice to read good news at this time of the year.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In