• NATCOA Members
  • 1915 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

The A/C unit is there low profile unit need to look at there specs in the papers on it. But it has a heavy drain on the gen when it runs. The invert I have should be able to handle most of the items through the batteries, solar panels. Installing the second panel as soon as I get the splices I need. Our drive back from North Carolina took 3 days driving during the day and sleeping at night my back was killing me at days end the first part of our Vacation was great and my back doing good, enjoyed the new camper only down side was on thurs just pasted the ref broke down Dominic going to have to look at it. And today I noticed that the radio antenna got broken off think that was in south carolina? But the Ram handle better with the Alp116DS than it did with the AF-990.Most of this are from the Man we bought the TC from a good guy to deal with.ALP116DS1.JPG ALP116DS2.JPG ALP116DS3.JPG ALP116DS4.JPG ALP116DS5.JPG ALP116DS6.JPG ALP116DS7.JPG ALP116DS8.JPG ALP116DS9.JPG ALP116DS10.JPG ALP116DS11.JPG

The last picture shows the new TC on our Truck as we were loading up food at walmart in Hammersville Ohio. From there we headed off to drive up the Blue Ridge parkway untill we ran into gen problems or we thought. We had stopped in a wal mart to have dinner. So I fired up the jenny  turn on the air on low fan in auto should of just run and the fridge was in elec again should of had it in LP. Then the error came in my DW turned on the micro wave down went the power the breaker tripped on the jenny which I had forgotten about. Went to Alp web site and Mike's was the nearest dealer. after dinner we turned a round and back to Mike's and the wal mart there. Couldnt find the problem also no techs that day they were at the fare. But everything worked on gas and shore power but not the jenny. So off to the Parkway we ago. I remmbered there was a dealer in apex North Carolina they had a 116DS also, so I gave them a call they said they expect us in on monday morning. Well we stopped at a wallmart along the way and slept was not a enjoyable night no A/C but the fantasic fan did a great job of making a fare night. On sunday got a camp site at Jordens lake just outside Apex NC and what a wonderfull find, elec and water for 20 bucks a night. So on Monday went in to Apex to the RV dealer there all he did was re did what we did in Ohio and figured out what was wronge. We had out stripped the jenny for power. A/C and fridge ok, just dont add anything else or turn off the A/C have fridge on LP then you can use the toaster and coffee pot and microwave. I already have a plan to solve the issue. I didnt think of the breaker for our old AF-990 we were able to run everything off the jenny. Felt like a stooge. Fig we didnt have time to take the parkway in so we stay one more night at jordons lake and then we pointed the TC southwest and homeward bound. By this time my back started hurting and we needed to stop each night. After Gulfport Miss the fridge shut down. Pulled into the drive last night around 10:30 so good to be home!

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#22 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2125 posts
  • Local time: 07:00 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:55 AM

There's no place like home!

I've always made it point to run only one major appliance while on generator power.  The fridge lives on propane unless connected to shore power.

Sometimes we'll forget and turn on the Keurig while the microwave is running - no harm ever done.  And the genny will run the AC and microwave but it shure sounds like a load on genny. I like a little more margin when it comes to running power equipment.

#23 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1915 posts
  • Local time: 09:00 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

just fixing sig

Attached Thumbnails

• ALP116DS12.JPG

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In