Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here

Overland Expo West 2016 - Anyone Else Going?

No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   69Bronco

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Local time: 09:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AZ
  • Camper Brand:Pilgrim (Early 80's)
  • Truck Make & Model:1997 Ford F-350 Crewcab 4x4 Powerstroke
  • Name (Public):Ryan

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hi all!

I'm planning to attend the Overland Expo West (www.overlandexpo.com) in Flagstaff, AZ this weekend, and I was wondering if any other NATCOA folks are also planning on going?

I had originally planned to set up camp at the on-site camping, but they are now listing it as "sold out" with the possibility of opening up more on-site camping on Thursday. If more on-site camping opens up, that's where I'll be going, but if not there is plenty of "dispersed camping" (dry camping / bushwhacking) along the nearby National Forest Roads, and I'll probably just find a nearby level spot if that's the option we go with.

Anybody else planning on going and/or want to meet up and/or want to camp together? It'll be me, the wife, and our 4 y/o son. We'll be bringing the guitar and some home-brewed beer, all of which we're willing to share! Just figured I'd put it out there to other Truck Campers in case anyone else was planning on going, so we could make connections.

Truck: 1997 Ford F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3l Powerstroke turbodiesel, manual transmission, 3.55 limited slip front and rear. Performance: RiffRaff 6637 cold air intake, rebuilt turbo with Wicked Wheel compressor, Diamond Eye 3" downpipe and 4" cat-delete, Tony Wildman 6 position chip (economy, daily driver, light tow, heavy tow, race, extreme), 6.0l intercooler with custom handmade piping. Equipment: Torklift original Superhitch, Torklift frame-mounted tie-downs, front brushguard, home-brew towing mirror extenders, home-brew "stable-loads".

Camper: Early 80's Pilgrim 8.5' TC (exact vintage unknown). Queen size cabover, 2-way gas-electric fridge, gas oven and range, wet bath with toilet and hand shower, hot water heater, 4" basement containing freshwater tank, grey- and blackwater tanks, vintage Recair swampcooler on the roof, household air conditioner retrofitted into the rear window. Plumbing completely replaced with PEX and accumulator and check valve added. Repaired, reinforced, re-plumbed, re-sealed, re-painted, re-upholstered, and EVERYTHING WORKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In