22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Local time: 06:15 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

with me working my second job at a brewery i think its only appropriate that i figure out how to build a beer tap system into my camper. has anyone done a beer or wine tap in the camper? i have seen it done on trailers but of course the camper has less room for a system. i could always do a jockey box but i was thinking something more involved that is part of the camper. think of the resale value! lol.

as i get things figured out ill be posting updates to this topic.until then, if you know of ideas or you have such a thing already, please share.

cheers!

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#2 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Things with wheels
  • Camper Brand:2018 Host Mammoth 11.5
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 Ram 5500 HD
  • Name (Public):Pete

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:52 AM

The tap is easy. It's where you will locate the nitrogen bottle and keg that is difficult. With your flatbed, a pony keg and the bottle will fit under your camper wing.

2012 Interstate Car Carrier ICC10220TA3, 20'x8.5', 8" I-beam frame, dual 5200 lb 4" drop torsion axles, Diamond plate, Towmax 225/75R15 LRE tires on galvanized rims, Harbor Freight 10k lb equalizing hitch, Camping World vent cover, LED lighting, 3' RV door, front and rear door interior light switches, interior plywood walls and floor, 70' of Harbor Freight E-track rail with recessed corner 5k lb D-rings, Dual 42 gal fresh water tanks with Harbor Freight transfer pump, portable dual  Harbor Freight 45w solar arrays, 100 lbs LPG in four bottles, PowerArmor Max Solar 5-battery box, Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2015 Ram 5500 HD 4wd Tradesman 60" CA, Crew cab with 173.4" wheelbase, 19,000 lb GVWR with 26,000 lb GCWR, Cummins I6 6.7 liter diesel with chassis cab tune 325 hp @ 2800 rpm and 750 ft-lb @ 1700 rpm, Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic, New Process NV271 manual transfer case, 14.5k lb Dana S14-111L limited slip and 7250 lb Magna Steyr 275mm with 4.44 ratios, Palfinger Badger low sill flat bed, Dual DeeZee 36x18x18 under bed boxes, Quad DeeZee 48x18x18 above bed boxes, Curt Double Lock 30K lb gooseneck, Dual 3/4" horse stall mats, SuperHitch Magnum 30K dual receiver with 42" SuperTruss, Upper StableLoads, Short range FastGun turnbuckles with locks

2018 Host Mammoth 11.5, Polarized dual pane windows, Powered and lit awning, Swing out Rieco-Titan jacks,  Fantastic Fan in cab over, Aero-Flo vent covers, 3x160w Zamp Solar with 30A controller, External 24" TV with DVD, Cargo slide tray, dual 6-volt batteries, 2.5KW LPG Onan, External LPG connection, 2-way water heater, Therford 3-burner cook top, Convection/Microwave, 8 cu ft 2-way Norcold Fridge, Loveseat with foot rest, U-shaped dinette, 1000W PSW Zamp inverter, King Jack amplified OTA antenna, 40" Samsung UN40J5200 smart TV in living room, Electric fireplace with heater, Accordion bedroom door, Full wall passenger-side cab over wardrobe, 32" Samsung UN32J5205 smart TV in Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:55 PM

Build a box on that back deck and leave the bicycles at home. Priorities, you know. :D

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#4 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.

Posted 01 April 2016 - 08:19 PM

lol

ill have to do some sort of "jockey box" so the beer is cold. im thinking a custom made one. pretty simple really.  id ideally like two taps but not sure i have room for it.

i was too busy sanitizing kegs tonight at the brewery to bounce ideas off of the brewmaster.  the system has to be accessible so i can sanitize the lines but still be tucked away in a small space. under the "wing" of the camper is a location that i think will work best. this thinking about what to do is probably best with a cold beer. 

www.thetclife.com

#5 OFFLINE   butch50

butch50

Vice President / Director

• Directors
  • 181 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AR
  • Camper Brand:2017 Nexus Ghost 36DS (Being Built)
  • Truck Make & Model:2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (AKA Toad)
  • Name (Public):Butch

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

Wow, Rich you the man. I want to go camping with you. :happy0064:

Butch

#6 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

Wow, Rich you the man. I want to go camping with you. :happy0064:

Butch

ive wondered if ill ever keep "guests" out of my campsite. lol!

www.thetclife.com

#7 OFFLINE   Mr Firewood

Mr Firewood

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 447 posts
  • Camper Brand:2017 Grand Design Solitude 39' 5th wheel
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 CC 4X4 6.0L, 2017 Ford F-450 CC, 6.7L
  • Name (Public):George Brown

Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:30 AM

ive wondered if ill ever keep "guests" out of my campsite. lol!

You don't now. Why would opening a mini brewery tasting room at your site change things! Just sayin....

Like tying a pork chop around your kids neck so the dog will hang out and play with him. Instead you choose spirits. :-)

George
Retirement: "Every Day's a Holiday & Every Meal's a Banquet"

#8 OFFLINE   Dan Quinn

Dan Quinn

Founding Member - Forum Admin - Director

• Admin
  • 4233 posts
  • Local time: 08:15 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Illinois
  • Interests:Camping and more camping
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 GMC Sieara 1500 with Supersprings

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:26 PM

The problem comes in with that craft beer does not come in pony kegs if they did you could get a 12 volt portable cooler and make a portakeg
Dan 48
wife Patti as young as ever
2006 GMC 1500 with Supersprings
2001 Jayco 23B

#9 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:31 AM

The problem comes in with that craft beer does not come in pony kegs if they did you could get a 12 volt portable cooler and make a portakeg

since i work part time at a brewery, filling a smaller keg is not an issue with filling it at the brewery i work at. now trying to get something from another brewery could be difficult. ive done my measurements the other day but just been too busy to do anything. id like to get something set up soon. 

www.thetclife.com

#10 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

talked to the brew master where i work and he said a 3 gallon keg should fit my dimensions. he is taking a look around for me. 3 gallons...that should do the job.

www.thetclife.com

#11 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

talked to the brew master where i work and he said a 3 gallon keg should fit my dimensions. he is taking a look around for me. 3 gallons...that should do the job.

1 gal for you, 2 for me. Perfect!

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#12 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

1 gal for you, 2 for me. Perfect!

ha....you wont know after the 1st gallon anyway.

www.thetclife.com

#13 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:02 AM

It's time you add a trailer to your hobbies: https://photos.googl...TBMTUNlVm5UUFRB

If you would rather have self serve: https://photos.googl...013TXJpdDNrOHdn

2012 Interstate Car Carrier ICC10220TA3, 20'x8.5', 8" I-beam frame, dual 5200 lb 4" drop torsion axles, Diamond plate, Towmax 225/75R15 LRE tires on galvanized rims, Harbor Freight 10k lb equalizing hitch, Camping World vent cover, LED lighting, 3' RV door, front and rear door interior light switches, interior plywood walls and floor, 70' of Harbor Freight E-track rail with recessed corner 5k lb D-rings, Dual 42 gal fresh water tanks with Harbor Freight transfer pump, portable dual  Harbor Freight 45w solar arrays, 100 lbs LPG in four bottles, PowerArmor Max Solar 5-battery box, Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2015 Ram 5500 HD 4wd Tradesman 60" CA, Crew cab with 173.4" wheelbase, 19,000 lb GVWR with 26,000 lb GCWR, Cummins I6 6.7 liter diesel with chassis cab tune 325 hp @ 2800 rpm and 750 ft-lb @ 1700 rpm, Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic, New Process NV271 manual transfer case, 14.5k lb Dana S14-111L limited slip and 7250 lb Magna Steyr 275mm with 4.44 ratios, Palfinger Badger low sill flat bed, Dual DeeZee 36x18x18 under bed boxes, Quad DeeZee 48x18x18 above bed boxes, Curt Double Lock 30K lb gooseneck, Dual 3/4" horse stall mats, SuperHitch Magnum 30K dual receiver with 42" SuperTruss, Upper StableLoads, Short range FastGun turnbuckles with locks

2018 Host Mammoth 11.5, Polarized dual pane windows, Powered and lit awning, Swing out Rieco-Titan jacks,  Fantastic Fan in cab over, Aero-Flo vent covers, 3x160w Zamp Solar with 30A controller, External 24" TV with DVD, Cargo slide tray, dual 6-volt batteries, 2.5KW LPG Onan, External LPG connection, 2-way water heater, Therford 3-burner cook top, Convection/Microwave, 8 cu ft 2-way Norcold Fridge, Loveseat with foot rest, U-shaped dinette, 1000W PSW Zamp inverter, King Jack amplified OTA antenna, 40" Samsung UN40J5200 smart TV in living room, Electric fireplace with heater, Accordion bedroom door, Full wall passenger-side cab over wardrobe, 32" Samsung UN32J5205 smart TV in Bedroom

#14 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

at the brewery we work at we have a beer trailer with taps on the sides. a cooler inside up front to keep the kegs cold and then space in the back inside for pop up tent and so on.

www.thetclife.com

#15 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

It's time you add a trailer to your hobbies: https://photos.googl...TBMTUNlVm5UUFRB

If you would rather have self serve: https://photos.googl...013TXJpdDNrOHdn

those are awesome. 

www.thetclife.com

#16 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

George and I were just talking last night that we might sell our cargo trailer. Maybe it would make a nice beer trailer. Perhaps we can team up and you can tow it to our get-togethers.  :1056:

#17 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

George and I were just talking last night that we might sell our cargo trailer. Maybe it would make a nice beer trailer. Perhaps we can team up and you can tow it to our get-togethers.  :1056:

that thing is big enough to have a full fledged bar in it. 

www.thetclife.com

#18 OFFLINE   Lancealot

Lancealot

lancealot

• NATCOA Members
  • 581 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Interests:TCing , fly fishing , drag racing ,
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1010
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 f-550 XLT crew/4x4
  • Name (Public):Brian

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

I have always liked the type 2 Kombi p/u , there are a couple still running around our area . When I ran the local VW dealership back in the 70's , we had 2 units used as service vehicles .

The units in the attachments would make neat camping units . Thanks for sending them .  

CAMPING  where you spend a small fortune , to live like a homeless person .

#19 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1361 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:17 AM

Those trailers are surprisingly light and made from glass molds instead of steel. They would make a good kids room or mother in law unit for many TC'ers.

#20 OFFLINE   butch50

butch50

Vice President / Director

• Directors
  • 181 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 AM
  • State/Province or Region:AR
  • Camper Brand:2017 Nexus Ghost 36DS (Being Built)
  • Truck Make & Model:2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee (AKA Toad)
  • Name (Public):Butch

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

Rich,

The 3 gallon keg sounds like a good size but how are you going to carry 10 or more of them and keep them all cold. You know three gallons won't last but about 10 to 20 minutes. :mellow: I think Sally has the answer, the big cargo trailer then you could do 16 gallon kegs, they would last longer. At least a little longer.

Butch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In