208 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts
  • Local time: 07:47 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:34 PM

GLACIER NATIONAL PARK RALLY

AUGUST 17 - 21 2016

GLACIER CAMPGROUND

WEST GLACIER, MONTANA

It is time to return to the Crown of the Continent, Glacier National Park! We will return to the campground the rally was held in 2013. As of right now there are 25 sites set aside for us. We will once again have the "horseshoe" sites, so we will all be in the same area.

The Details:

RATES: $31.50 + tax (per night)

SITES: shaded forested sites. some may not be perfectly level, it is a campground...not a rv resort. No sites have sewer but there is a dump station.

CAMPGROUND WEBSITE: http://www.glaciercampground.com/

HOW TO MAKE SITE RESERVATION: You MUST call the resort to make your site reservation. During the off season it will be a few days delay for them to return a call. Let them know you are with the truck camper rally for 2016. Making the site reservation is your responsibility.  Credit card is needed to confirm the reservation but payment will be done on site. ALL contact with resort is by phone only.

​The Schedule: 

17TH - WEDNESDAY: MEET AND GREET

18TH - THURSDAY: CARAVAN TO POLEBRIDGE

19TH - FRIDAY: HIKE TO AVALANCHE LAKE, CHILI COOK OFF COMPETITION AND 70'S NIGHT.

20TH - SATURDAY: RED BUS TOUR TO LOGAN PASS, POT LUCK DINNER AND PRIZE GIVEAWAY

21ST - SUNDAY: FAREWELL BREAKFAST

OTHER SURPRISES ARE BEING WORKED ON TOO!!!!

MORE INFORMATION ON THE RED BUS SIGN UP AND RALLY T SHIRT ORDERING TO COME IN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS.

We look forward to seeing you in Montana 2016, do not miss out on the fun!

red bus tour info (we will do the western alpine tour): http://www.glacierna...m/red-bus-tours

glacier national park info: http://www.nps.gov/glac/index.htm

picture of the resort map, note...we will be in the"h" sites. the "red" site is the gathering spot. your host is in one of the "purple" sites:

map

i am pleased to announce that rally shirts will be available for pre purchase. 

cost of the shirts is $10.00 each any size.

they are 100% cotton shirts. blue with black printing

Deadline for ordering shirts is june 1st.

all you need to do is email me with your information (name, size and quantities) and i will get it ordered. payment will need to be made prior to ordering. PAYPAL is preferred. it is a more secure way of showing payment for me and you.

shirts will be handed out at the rally.  no shipping will be done.

clicking on image will enlarge the picture

front shirt 2016
back shirt 2016

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#2 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

if anyone has questions in the next couple days, i will be busy in seattle for the next few days. ill get back to you on the 17th.

www.thetclife.com

#3 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1921 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

A strong chance we can make it next year. Wife retiring in Feb. And the vaction days only have to get my days off, no more contract with here days off to deal with. Still it be a days drive or more for us both ways

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#4 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

just under a year to go and there are already 4 rigs signed up for the rally. 

the resort is making a spreadsheet so the site arrangements get kept straightened out.  

i am very anxious for next year to get back to glacier national park. it is my favorite place on earth. as my own plans get organized in the next few months ill let you all know where ill be camping in glacier before and after the rally, in case you wish to join us. hiking will be in my plans of course.

www.thetclife.com

#5 OFFLINE   PACK4TAG

PACK4TAG

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 61 posts
  • State/Province or Region:IA -AZ
  • Camper Brand:2001 825 LL EC Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:15 FORD 250 BRONZE GAS W/TAG
  • Name (Public):Roy

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

The before and after thing sound good when driving so far.

About 1500 miles one way from central Iowa

Roy

#6 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

Roy

ill probably camp in the many glacier section and the two medicine section of the park. there was a hike to iceberg lake i could not finish a few years ago due to avalanche chutes still be blocked by snow. then there is a mega hike in the two medicine area i want to do. dawson - pitamakan trail. its 16.3 miles long with just over 2900 foot elevation gain and loss. it can be done in a day but it will be a leave very early and get back at dinner time thing.  or...if just company back at camp when im not hiking...that is great too.

www.thetclife.com

#7 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

a great book to have for hiking in glacier national park is: http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/0762772530

it is the best book i have found for hiking in the park. the best part of glacier is the endless miles of trails to explore. yes, wild animal precautions need to be done as it is grizzle bear habitat. i have hiked many many miles in the park and still have a lifetime of miles to go.

www.thetclife.com

#8 OFFLINE   pscansetzer

pscansetzer

Poster

• NATCOA Members
  • 42 posts
  • Local time: 10:47 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NC
  • Interests:Camping canoeing hiking etc..
  • Camper Brand:Northstar
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Jim & Tam

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

Tammy and I wee just sick about not making the 2015 rally - this seems like a second chance and we are making plans to be there!  We will be driving from NC.  Right now our plans are to leave around the 1st of August, make a few stops at some other Nat'l Parks and make the rally and then head home for the last part of August.  Be making those reservations in the AM!....

#9 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

Tammy and I wee just sick about not making the 2015 rally - this seems like a second chance and we are making plans to be there!  We will be driving from NC.  Right now our plans are to leave around the 1st of August, make a few stops at some other Nat'l Parks and make the rally and then head home for the last part of August.  Be making those reservations in the AM!....

right on. i sadly could not make the colorado rally either and i am still bummed about it. 

be sure to sign up via the rally link when you are ready to. it helps me keep track.

keep on eye on here or email me with any questions you may have.

www.thetclife.com

#10 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3209 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:00 PM

Looking good so far, Dawn and I will probably take a week or so, and visit stuff in Idaho along the way :)

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#11 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:54 AM

Looking good so far, Dawn and I will probably take a week or so, and visit stuff in Idaho along the way :)

that would be great to see you there. good to hear you are working on getting back on the road!

www.thetclife.com

#12 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1921 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:38 AM

Finally they are going to pick up my wife's contract. And she decided to hold off retiring till I can. Will be in Dec before we know if we can make it or not. Like to meet most of you all. Those from the east may or not attend and that's understandly just like for us the distance and time to get there and expense. Wonder what Country Camper has in mind? this coming year. I love the High Country don't want to live there just love the views.

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#13 OFFLINE   stuwu4s

stuwu4s

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 753 posts
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):stuart johnson

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

well, our current plan, and I use that word 'plan' loosely, is to go up to Alaska and return thru Glacier. The current "plan" is to depart home mid June and arrive at Glacier on the 16th or 17th. But, this is a year away and lots of things can change.

We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG.We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a LOYALITY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

#14 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2143 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

If at all possible, try to visit Waterton Lakes National Park which is really part of Glacier NP but with a very different but equally spectacular geography.

Waterton is on the Canadian side of the border and should not be missed.

There is also a hike from the Canadian side of the border where you will be accompanied by both a Canadian Ranger and an American Ranger.  The hike crosses the international border and you will need a passport - which when stamped at the customs office out there in grizzly bear country - which makes it one of the most unique passport stamps that you can get.

#15 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Finally they are going to pick up my wife's contract. And she decided to hold off retiring till I can. Will be in Dec before we know if we can make it or not. Like to meet most of you all. Those from the east may or not attend and that's understandly just like for us the distance and time to get there and expense. Wonder what Country Camper has in mind? this coming year. I love the High Country don't want to live there just love the views.

people come from all over for the glacier rally, its a favorite spot. in the past years we have had people from new hampshire, florida, virginia and so on. hope it works out that you can attend.

www.thetclife.com

#16 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 06:47 PM
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

Roy

Looking forward to seeing you and Gaye next year so we can talk about your latest Lund project. ;-)

well, our current plan, and I use that word 'plan' loosely, is to go up to Alaska and return thru Glacier. The current "plan" is to depart home mid June and arrive at Glacier on the 16th or 17th. But, this is a year away and lots of things can change.

I think we are changing up our Alaska travel itinerary to come into Glacier before heading home. :D

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#17 OFFLINE   stuwu4s

stuwu4s

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 753 posts
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):stuart johnson

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

I think I messed up. our plans are to leave home mid June, travel to Alaska, then go to Glacier and the rally in Mid Aug.

I was not very clear the first time.

Sorry about that.

We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG.We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a LOYALITY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

#18 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 06:47 PM
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

I think I messed up. our plans are to leave home mid June, travel to Alaska, then go to Glacier and the rally in Mid Aug.

I was not very clear the first time.

Sorry about that.

I think that is what we are doing too. Should have been clearer on my post. ;-)

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#19 OFFLINE   PACK4TAG

PACK4TAG

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 61 posts
  • State/Province or Region:IA -AZ
  • Camper Brand:2001 825 LL EC Lance
  • Truck Make & Model:15 FORD 250 BRONZE GAS W/TAG
  • Name (Public):Roy

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

V.I.

How long and tough is the hike ?

Sounds like a neat deal.

Roy & Gaye 

#20 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:10 AM

avalanche lake hike is 3.1 miles one way with only a 505 foot elevation gain. it is a great hike and one i have done many times. when you arrive to avalanche lake the views are amazing.

www.thetclife.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In