32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Local time: 12:21 AM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:42 AM

Sorry for the the mistake, should read September 14th.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#22 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12483 posts
  • Local time: 10:21 PM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 16 August 2015 - 01:20 PM

Dean finally got 100% disability a year or two ago. He suffered from bullet and shrapnel wounds. I know what he went through in Vietnam, and I am very sure, as Paul said, the wounds, chemicals and poor care given to our vets had a direct impact on both Dean and George. I would add one person to Paul's list of members who have passed that had a impact on our club, that would be Snoweiver Bob.

The sad thing is that both the US government & ours still treat veterans pretty shabbily, especially those with lasting medical issues..

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#23 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 16 August 2015 - 02:33 PM

errrrrrrrrr!!!!

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#24 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • Local time: 09:21 PM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

Thanks for the information on Dean's funeral, Larry.

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#25 OFFLINE   Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor

Director-Manufacture Relations

• Manufacturers (Aux Equip)
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Camping, Fishing, Skiing, Skydiving, Baseball, Football. Chattin with the boys.
  • Name (Public):Jay Taylor

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

V.A. Don't get me started. 40 years fighting with them. I finally won. Took 40 years of medicines and heart issues, three congressman, two senators, and probably at least 15 doctors and review boards. We definetly need some new leadership here.

#26 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12483 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:21 AM

Its very difficult to get governments to take responsibility after the fact. In this country they are trying to pay lump sums to permanently injured vets rather than disability pensions. This amounts to far less. Its disgusting. i do not know the stats in the US, but in Canada the suicide rate among vets is about 10 times the average. presumably this is due to undealt with PTSD and the way they are treated financially. Despite the fact we have universal health care anyway, sometimes psychological damage is not covered, neither are the expensive drugs many wounded vets require for their lifetime. There have been case of soldiers getting discharged early so they can avoid paying their pensions. What really irritate me is that a politician only has to serve 8 years to get a pension that is far richer than anyone in the private sector. They have billions to spend on a dog like the F35 and not enough money to take care of vets. No wonder soldiers feel like cannon fodder.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#27 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Thanks for the information on Dean's funeral, Larry.

Sally, you are most welcome. I am still not fully comprending that he is gone. I thank the good Lord that I got to spend a couple of weeks with this wonderful man in February, the memories and photos I took of him and Carol are a real comfort now.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#28 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

V.A. Don't get me started. 40 years fighting with them. I finally won. Took 40 years of medicines and heart issues, three congressman, two senators, and probably at least 15 doctors and review boards. We definetly need some new leadership here.

Jay, one of the problems with the system in the VA is that many vets get benefits for relatively minor items, reduce the overall funding that should be spent on priority cases of real need. I am a member of several veterans organization. One of them, which I am not going to disclose, when they saw my discharge form had the "purple hurt" award, insisted that they were going to file, on my behalf, for disability. The wound I had a long time ago, hurt like hell, but within a couple months was completely healed. It is nothing, other than a scare from the bullet entering and leaving, has caused me no issues. Why should something as minor as mine be qualified for 10 or 20% disability? I soon stopped my membership with this organization. I know many vets who got minor injuries, wounds, broken bones, minor stuff that happened 30 or 40 years ago, show no current limitations, but still believe they are " entitled" to get a check. Meanwhile vets with real issues, have to jump though hoops to get what they are honestly entitled to. The system, like social security, is completely broken and dysfunctional.

#29 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12483 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

There are always people who abuse the system I suppose.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#30 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Local time: 11:21 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:30 AM

I know several that are 100% yet they work as hard as I do. But they will get a retirement check from the military and the post office then get SSI. That's highway robbery. Way the disability works get 10% for say a paper cut, 10% for a scraped knee,10% for a hangnail and so forth just whats mention is 30% and at anytime they can go back and have it upped by claiming another mentail hardship of some kind. I say stop the money going to them and put in heathcare for them in the private sector. And they get the handy cap stickers as well eeeeeeeeeeerr!

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#31 OFFLINE   redgreen

redgreen

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching Camping
  • Camper Brand:1998 Citation 10.5
  • Truck Make & Model:2002 F 350 SC Dually

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

Does anyone know her address so we can send her a card.

2002 F350 7.3 Power Stroke Lariat Dually
1998 10.5 Citation
Lone Butte B.C.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Honda EU2000i
2 Goldens Julie and Freya

#32 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

Founding Member - Former Director

• Founder
  • 1697 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Lazy Daze 30IB
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

Does anyone know her address so we can send her a card.

check your PMs

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#33 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

I just found out a couple days ago about Bubba's passing, been sort of out of the loop a bit on the NATCOA site.

If my memory serves me right we first met Bubba at the Ogallala rally quite a few years ago.

One of my fondest memory is at one of the fall colors rally when we stopped at Wintrop before heading to the camp ground, Carol and others walked to town to shop and because of difficulting jogging ( Bubba would laugh at this one) he elected to stay and rest, I pulled up a chair and we began a long conversation, wating for the others to come back.

Another time around a after dinner campfire both Bubba and Carol told us all stories of their youthful years and had us all in stitches.

I will truly miss this man and will remember him, when we get to sit around a real camp fire again,

Rest in peace my American friend

Rick and Susanne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In