• 65 posts
  • Local time: 02:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Alabama
  • Interests:Motorsports & Classic Cars.
  • Camper Brand:PALOMINO BRONCO 1500
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax
  • Name (Public):ANDY SMITH

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:23 PM

Searching for past owner/member that may have sold/traded this camper, it is located in Lillian AL at a RV sales. Needing more in-depth info on the camper. Very interested in buying it.

http://pensacola.cra...4758670137.html

Thanks,

Andy :)

Edited by ARSMITH, 28 November 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#2 OFFLINE   kerry4951

kerry4951

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Local time: 03:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Pa.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Arctic Fox 1140
  • Truck Make & Model:2009 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Kerry

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:21 PM

Andy

Sorry I cant help you out with the previous owner, but I can give you my 2 cents on AF. I have a 2010 AF 1140. Its by far the best RV that Ive owned. (I had 3 other brands before this). They are well built and the fit and finish is excellent. I am a firm believer that the AF TCs built from 2009 thru 2012 are the best ones out there. The earlier ones (early and mid 2000s) had some issues with water infiltration and delamination. Ive read about a few of the later ones having some fit and finish problems and quality control issues. Mine has been excellent. The 865 has been unofficially discontinued but from what I understand Northwood still puts thru so many each year for a few of the dealers who continue to like and sell the 865's. Ive seen nothing but positive feedback from 865 owners, and some still continue to search for one, since they are rather rare to find. This one looks like its in real nice shape from what I can see by the pics. My only advice to you is dont wait around too long to go see it. Many know that the 865 is not mass produced like the other models so the general feeling is that they are rare and hard to find. There are still a lot of TC buyers who are looking for a non slide out model and that makes the 865 appealing.

Edited by kerry4951, 28 November 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   ARSMITH

ARSMITH

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:59 AM

Thanks Kerry, For the reply and your input it is appreciated.

The point you made about it being none slide is what's appealing to me. I would like to step out of my truck and into the TC without popping the top or extending the sides to access the interior.

I went for a walk thru this past Tuesday and it's a really really nice TC. Like you said the fit and finish is excellent. Her sizes is perfect and the floor plan has a good layout to it and the colors I can deal with. Oh! the shower is huge compared to my current setup. But she is a heavy ole gal. WOW!

I think I will ride over and take another look today. 

Seeing that I'm interested maybe the salesman will drop the price in an effort to get me to take it home today. I think I'll carry my tiedowns, just in case. :sign0020:  

Edited by ARSMITH, 29 November 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   kerry4951

kerry4951

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:50 AM

Andy

They are heavy. I see you show a Chevy dually in your signature. You will have no problems hauling the 865. I carry my 1140 on a 2009 Chevy dually with a few suspension mods and I sometimes can forget that its even back there. The 1140 is the heaviest TC Northwood makes. Good luck with your second visit. I really love the rear kitchen location in the AF 865 and the AF 992 models. The rear kitchen galley makes so much more sense to me in any TC.  

#5 OFFLINE   ARSMITH

ARSMITH

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey Kerry,

Out of curiosity what are your suspension mods?

We road over to take a second look Saturday around lunch time and no one was there. So If time permits I may go back Thursday on my day off.

Thanks,

#6 OFFLINE   kerry4951

kerry4951

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:57 AM

Bilstein shocks (most OEM shocks are junk right from the factory), lower stable loads, Hellwig rear sway bar, and Supersprings.  I did have air bags that I installed early on but never used them so I removed them. Even with hauling a heavy TC with a slide out (heavier side), I never needed to level up the truck from side to side like some do with air bags. I guess its because the Supersprings give such good support. I like the idea that when I travel everything under my truck is "steel", and no chance for failure. I know if I had air bags I would have a leak..its just my luck.

#7 OFFLINE   SonomaValleyStrong

SonomaValleyStrong

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 12:17 AM
  • State/Province or Region:California
  • Interests:Truck camping, kayaking, fishing, hiking, bicycling, boating, NASCAR, NHRA, & National Parks.
  • Camper Brand:2009 Arctic Fox 865 TorkLift/Fastguns/Firestone Ride Rite/Bilstein’s
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT Duramax standard box
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

I have a 2009 Arctic Fox 865. I love it. I’ve had other truck campers, they seemed cheap compared to the Arctic Fox 865. I picked it up in north Idaho just recently from the original owner’s, a nice elderly couple, and drove it 16 hours to Northern California in the gusty pouring down rain, and I had no problems. The camper is quite a bit heavier than most, mine weighs 3,636 dry. It came with the road side Awning, 2.5 LP Onan Generator, DVD Player, and LCD TV. It sits on a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado LT 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Box 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel 4X4 with Bilsteins, TorkLifts, Firestone RideRite’s, and Fastgun fasteners. 92586AAA-8F35-4A81-84DB-E359F9C84A1E.jpeg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In