5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jponder

jponder

Poster

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 11:48 AM

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:04 PM

Is this a fair characterization of the original plane flying thread, evryone agrees that the plane has to move to fly right? here it what I posted on RV.net
This riddle has been presnted on a number of different web sites and it involves a jet airplane and a runway that is really a belt that always matches the forward wheeel speed in the opposite direction

Not to leave truck campers out i wanted to ask, If you removed your drive shat and your wheeels were "FREE SPINNING" and you put a jet engine on the top of your truck camper and you sat on a giant conveyor belt and you fired that jet engine up and the only stipulation is the belt speed would always equal the wheel speed then would the TC move relative to the ground?

#2 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12484 posts
  • Local time: 11:48 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:13 PM

Be interesting to see if Brad leaves it, I suspect it will get moved to the ATC. I should ask my Dad this one. He has a degree in Physics & he was an aeronautical engineer. (He was one of the designers of the Avro Vulcan bomber)

I deleted your other thread as per your request. Actually I moved it to a holding forum no one but admin can see, so it you decide you want it back, it can be done.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#3 OFFLINE   stuwu4s

stuwu4s

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 762 posts
  • Local time: 02:48 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NC
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):stuart johnson

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:52 AM

is there not something to do with the wings of the plane (truck camper) where the wind passes over it to create 'lift', which in turn causes a vaccum, which in turn allows the plane (truck camper) to leave the ground??

or something like that.

as you can see, i do not know much about this, except that i hate to fly.

it is not the fall, it is the sudden stop.
We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG.We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a LOYALITY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

#4 OFFLINE   BoyerCustomTrucks_com

BoyerCustomTrucks_com

Truck Equip Dealer

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Local time: 12:48 PM
  • Interests:Trucks, bikes, camping, dunes, guns
  • Name (Public):Scott

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:00 AM

If you removed your drive shat and your wheeels were "FREE SPINNING" and you put a jet engine on the top of your truck camper and you sat on a giant conveyor belt and you fired that jet engine up and the only stipulation is the belt speed would always equal the wheel speed then would the TC move relative to the ground?

This is a ludacris idea.............

ONLY A FORD WOULD HOLD UP TO SUCH ABUSE

HEHE, wheres those chevy guys....
<p class='bbc_center'><strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #ff0000'>Dont see it on the site? Just ask we prolly have it.<br />www.BoyerCustomTruck.com</span></strong><br />1997 F350 Power Stroke Diesel XLT<br />4 door, 4x4, Automatic, Off Road Package, Tow Package, AFE filter, IDM mod., Custom Tunes, Big Injectors, 203 Degree T-stat, No Rad Fan, Rediculously huge non intercooled turbo, BTS Trans, 6.0 trans cooler, Limited Slip front and rear, ChromMo Front Shafts, 4.10 gears, Skyjacker 6� front lift with Custom Rear Springs, Rancho RS9000X Pro Reservoir Shocks, Rancho Dual Steering Stabilizer, Ultra Razor 20x10 rims, Toyo MT 37x13.50r20, Super Hitch, Torq Lift Tie Downs, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ride Rite Air Bags, 33 gallon rear tank, Silver n Blue Gauge faces, Cobalts, 60psi Boost, 2000* EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Press, Stereo with Video, Galaxy DX99 CB, 700watt power inverter, 3 1000cca batts under truck., 1� of sound deadening, 9 Can Fridge</p>

#5 OFFLINE   Admin-Mathews

Admin-Mathews

Founder- Forum Admin - Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 726 posts
  • Local time: 03:48 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Florida
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Camper Brand:No Longer Have a Truck Camper
  • Truck Make & Model:1993 CHEV 3500 TURBO-DIESEL
  • Name (Public):BILL MATHEWS

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:14 AM

This is a ludacris idea.............

ONLY A FORD WOULD HOLD UP TO SUCH ABUSE

HEHE, wheres those chevy guys....

DON'T YOU DARE, TAKE IT TO THE "TRUCK FORUMS BOXING RING" :D

No Longer Have a Truck Camper.
1993 Chevy 3500 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, Reg. Cab, Long Bed, SRW, Rancho 9000X, Air Lift Air Bags, Auto Level Sys., Rickson 19.5X7.5 Wheels Dunlop 245X70X19.5 H rated Tires, Happijac Tiedowns, "Bed Rug" Brand Liner, Lance brand cab over struts

#6 OFFLINE   BoyerCustomTrucks_com

BoyerCustomTrucks_com

Truck Equip Dealer

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Local time: 12:48 PM
  • Interests:Trucks, bikes, camping, dunes, guns
  • Name (Public):Scott

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:59 PM

my bad.... its tough to get the jump on those guys.... :ph43r:
<p class='bbc_center'><strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #ff0000'>Dont see it on the site? Just ask we prolly have it.<br />www.BoyerCustomTruck.com</span></strong><br />1997 F350 Power Stroke Diesel XLT<br />4 door, 4x4, Automatic, Off Road Package, Tow Package, AFE filter, IDM mod., Custom Tunes, Big Injectors, 203 Degree T-stat, No Rad Fan, Rediculously huge non intercooled turbo, BTS Trans, 6.0 trans cooler, Limited Slip front and rear, ChromMo Front Shafts, 4.10 gears, Skyjacker 6� front lift with Custom Rear Springs, Rancho RS9000X Pro Reservoir Shocks, Rancho Dual Steering Stabilizer, Ultra Razor 20x10 rims, Toyo MT 37x13.50r20, Super Hitch, Torq Lift Tie Downs, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ride Rite Air Bags, 33 gallon rear tank, Silver n Blue Gauge faces, Cobalts, 60psi Boost, 2000* EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Press, Stereo with Video, Galaxy DX99 CB, 700watt power inverter, 3 1000cca batts under truck., 1� of sound deadening, 9 Can Fridge</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In