Announcements

Lots of new items for sale in our store. Click here

Photo

How long does Dicor lap sealant need before it rains?

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MPohio

MPohio

Poster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 10:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Ohio
  • Camper Brand:Starcraft
  • Truck Make & Model:2010 F150
  • Name (Public):Mark

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

I really want to install my new Fantastic vent fan, but it has rained off and on for the last week, including today.  It looks like monday at noon the rain will be over until at least Wed night.  that would give me about 50 hours of dry 65/45 degree weather.  Is that long enough for the dicor lap sealant to setup?

Thanks, Mark>

PS> This is about the last project I have until I am ready to hit the road.  I just got my 29hl deep cycle battery from advanced auto.  It has  a reserve capacity of 210 minutes and cost me $79 with core trade in.  If anybody else is in need of a battery, they have a $50 off $125 coupon code(online order, pickup in store).  I had to add a $2.5 air freshener to get to $125($80ish out the door). 

I have done some extensive research on Batteries and the overall consensus is that it is better to get 1 single "larger" battery than two smaller ones.  two 24 size @ 140 minutes each will only produce 75% of their combined total, which is 210 and the same as my 29 sized one.  Plus they will damage each other as the cells cycle on and off.  You will get longer life, save money and get the same reserve hours with a larger one.

Plus get the newest one you can.  They had one set aside made in 1-2013.  I took my volt meter with me and it was only at 12.1 volts.  about 30% charged. that is not good as it is most likely already been damaged.  I got a 3-2014 dated one off the shelf and it was at 12.5 V (70% charged).  ALWAYS dig to the back and get the newest one.

Adv Auto coupons  

Available savings with promo code WD18

• $10 off orders over $25
  • $20 off orders over $50
  • $30 off orders over $75
  • $40 off orders over $100
  • $50 off orders over $125

Edited by MPohio, 04 May 2014 - 05:23 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Joe Myers

Joe Myers

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 72 posts
  • Local time: 09:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Travel, Camping, Fishing, Computers, DIY
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1121
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 Dodge 3500 SLT+
  • Name (Public):Joe Myers

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

24 hours should be more than enough I think.

Joe Myers , Life is short, enjoy it ! GOD bless our troops
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

#3 OFFLINE   Marg

Marg

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 03:47 PM
  • State/Province or Region:ontario
  • Camper Brand:2011 Lance 1191
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 3500 Dodge DRW
  • Name (Public):Margaret

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

I've done some touchup and it rained an hr later and it never seemed to matter I think the outside temp means something when applying the stuff.

#4 OFFLINE   MPohio

MPohio

Poster

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thanks fellow TC'ers ;)   I have a good window open from Monday noon until Friday next week.  No rain in the forecast and the temps are going to be upper 60's to lower 80's by thursday.  Looks like it will only take about 15 minutes at most to install it(more like 5 minutes).  

Just ran and tied off my hookup to my trailer hitch and finished installing a 12v outlet.  I am done as soon as the fan goes in!!  I will take a test drive to my super secret FREE campgounds next weekend when I am done to make sure everthing works .  It is about 60k acres with 600 lakes/ponds... Oh,  and it is free.  Actually it is pretty cool if you don't rely on hookups.  It has clean outhouse style toilets and old fashioned manual pumping well stations.

http://www.aep.com/e...ationareas.aspx

Edited by MPohio, 03 May 2014 - 04:52 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts
  • Local time: 08:47 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Terminology?

"I just got my 29hl deep cycle battery from advanced auto.  It has  a reserve capacity of 210 hours" (Isn't that 'reserve capacity' of 210 "minutes" at a 25 amp draw.  This equates to the 29hl battery being a 105 amp hour battery, the general conversion figure for amp hours being 1/2 of the 'reserve capacity')  

#6 OFFLINE   MPohio

MPohio

Poster

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Sorry about that, Yes the reserve capacity was in minutes not hours.  Amp hours of my battery should be 87.5 according to one site I checked.    That should be plenty as I will mostly only run a 22" tv and Dvd player for a few hours at night.  Maybe a few lights occasionally.   Sometimes I do run the propane heater on cold mornings for about 10 minutes to take the chill off. ;)

Thanks, for the clarification, Mark>

Instructions -  Short version-

To convert RC to ampere-Hours at the 25 amp rate, multiply RC by .4167.

Long version

Multiply the reserve capacity by 60 to convert it to seconds. For example, if a battery offers a 100-minute capacity: 100 x 60 = 6,000 seconds.

Multiply this length of time by 25, which is the battery's amperage. Example: 6,000 x 25 = 150,000. This is the number of Coulombs of charge in the battery.

•  

Divide this answer by 3,600, which is the number of Coulombs in an amp-hour. Example: 150,000 ÷ 3,600 = 41.67. This is the number of amp-hours in the battery

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz30kkaNBdv

Edited by MPohio, 04 May 2014 - 05:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In