64 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:03 AM

sadly no one can check out alta lake state park (washington) as mentioned earlier. it was destroyed by what is now the states largest in history wildfire.

we made a short stop at lewis and clark state park in washington yesterday. that is south of hwy 12. tc's and very small trailers would have no problem parking there. it is a nice park, heavily wooded with a ton of trails to hike. we hiked a little bit of them.

today we go to sun lakes state park for the end of our vacation. we have camped there but this time we will be in the newer section. ill wait to do a review after we are there.

oh....cape disappointment state park in washington....

we would not be interested in camping there. camp sites seem to be an after thought in that park. the park itself though...very cool place. miles and miles of awesome trails to hike. we did a little bit of the trail hiking.

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#62 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

We have been checking out provincial parks in BC. most are no completely reserved, no first come first serve and when you reserve you have to pay a premium so it amounts to a huge price increase. If I was not heading south in winter,  i woudl no longer bother with an RV.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#63 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1915 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Most private parks used to see it as a easy money maker. Now most its a business now at 30-55 a night and don't really have to have a lot. State parks and national parks as well as civil engener parks are the best buy

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#64 OFFLINE   Coast Ranger

Coast Ranger

Poster

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 11:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:SC
  • Camper Brand:Skamper
  • Truck Make & Model:2013 Toyota Tundra

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

I know most of y'all play on the other side of the world.  Today, I checked out Buck Hall campground near McClellanville, SC.  It's a state run facility.  It's on the ICW and costs $20 a night for an RV with hookups.  It's kind of hot, not as hot as other places, but much more humid.  I'm thinking that AC is going to come in handy.  Our plan is to yak out to Shell Island and see what we can find.

#65 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:14 AM

sun lakes state park in washington. not very happy with that park. we were in the newer section (built 4 years ago) and i had to weed my site so we could put a tent up for cody. including getting weeds out of the way to i could connect to the hookups. im not talking about a couple weeds either. we had a huge pile of pulled weeds. the weeds have what is called "goats heads" at the base. they are a nasty thorn so just putting the tent over the weeds is a no go.

sites were large enough for sure and showers were nice though.

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In