• Admin
  • 12475 posts
  • Local time: 07:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

I can certify, that is in fact Budsters back yard. I used to have a pool when I lived in white rock, so I know how much work they are.

I have very few pictures of it hanging around but here are a few. Th eplace had the most gorgeous back yard I've ever seen. Completely private, about 1/2 acre. It just resold for just over $700,000. I paid $160,000 for it in 1985 & sold it after my divorce in 1998 for $340,000.

Image IPB

That is my ex-wife, Megan. The reason I no longer have a pool. But I'm not bitter. :lol:

Image IPB

After heavy snow. Looks inviting, eh? Believe or not the 2 plants covered up are 2 small palms. I saw them again last year, when I paid a nostalgia visit. They are about 15 ft high now.

Image IPB

That's the pond I built from scratch, That's a hot tub & gazebo behind it

Image IPB

I came across this while looking for the pictures. Myself in 1971.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#42 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:41 PM

I came across this while looking for the pictures. Myself in 1971.

Nice picture paul, the only thing missing is the inmate number under it. What did ya do, cut it out ? :lol:
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#43 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12475 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:19 PM

I have another one that looks like I'm the guy to approach for a lid. (hippie talk for an ounce of marijuana)

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#44 OFFLINE   Kodiak K99

Kodiak K99

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 AM
  • Interests:Camping/Golfing/Water Skiing
  • Camper Brand:Kodiak
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 3500 Dodge 6.7 Cummins 4x4 Dually
  • Name (Public):Mike

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:50 PM

Hi Paul
$700,000...cough cough cough. Someone went overboard on that, they don't even have a mountain view!
Man, that BC property is unreal. No wonder investors are saying you will need a million to retire. :lol:
Nice place you had there Paul! Looks like it's worth every penny! :)

#45 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12475 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, it was in White Rock, a highly desirable area with its nice beaches & sunny weather. Property values are crazy here. I think Vancouver is 3rd highest in North America after NY & San Francisco. Wait til after the Olympics, once it gets more press. They rate this as one of the 5 most beautiful cities in the world, but the crime rate is climbing. They aren't checking a lot of these immigrants out closely enough. If they have enough money they let them in without checking where they got that money in the first place. That sounds racist, but there have been 60 gang murders among East Indian gangs alone, in the last 6 years. There used to be that many murders, in total, over 6 years. I guess compared to most US cities it's not bad. I think we average about 80 murders a year for a city of 2 million, but the car theft rate is second only to Miami. There was a big jump in property values after Expo 86. My modest 1400 sq ft townhouse is worth almost $300,000. That would probably buy me a mansion in your neck of the woods, Kodiak.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#46 OFFLINE   Monkey44

Monkey44

FOUNDER

• Founder
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

Hey Budster -- that looks more like Malibu Pier than Simi Valley !!!

Back-country Camper
2002 Fleetwood Angler
2003 GMC 2500 Sierra 4x4

#47 OFFLINE   Kodiak K99

Kodiak K99

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1441 posts
  • Interests:Camping/Golfing/Water Skiing
  • Camper Brand:Kodiak
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 3500 Dodge 6.7 Cummins 4x4 Dually
  • Name (Public):Mike

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:00 AM

Your right Paul,
$300,000 gets you a new R2000 1400 to 1600 square ft house with upper and lower levels totally finished. We do have a collection of houses running in the 1 mill range that Docs and Auto Dealer owners have built.
They usually have a difficult time selling here at 1 mill since there just isn't that much $ here like Alberta and BC. Our view affords you miles of viewing if your on the out skirts of the city, we have no mountains to block your view of the sunrise or sunset :o . 15 to 20 minutes driving time from one side of the city to the other. If you drive through the city at rush hour, you may spend up to 40 minutes north to south. Kelowna was 3 hours on the main drag to cross the bridge :blink: . Our plates have "Land of the Living Sky's" stamped on them because that's all you see. Here is a shot from our deck. The last pic is with the camera set at 30x zoom looking 3 miles to the west...see no mountains :D
An average used home in small town Sask will go for a wapping $20,000. Not a bad investment if they strike oil just outside the town. :D
2007 3500 Dodge Cummins 6.7 4x4 Dually
SuperHitch and Torklift Tie Downs
2002 Kodiak K99 Camper...3100 lbs mt, 13500 BTU A/C
5x8 Continental Cargo Trailer
Honda EM2500 Gen
Ski Supreme Competition Ski Boat

#48 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

Founding Member - Former Director

• Founder
  • 1695 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Camper Brand:Lazy Daze 30IB
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 04 December 2005 - 11:19 AM

Hey Budster -- that looks more like Malibu Pier than Simi Valley !!!

good eyes!

I wish it was my back yard$$$$ :blink:

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#49 OFFLINE   FedAgent

FedAgent

Past President, Founding Member, Forum Super Moderator

• Former Director
  • 3632 posts
  • State/Province or Region:TX
  • Interests:Camping and RV's (of course), motorcycles, fishing, home repairs, woodworking, reading, travel, volunteer work.
  • Camper Brand:2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 37 foot
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 Cummins, 4X4, Laramie, SRW
  • Name (Public):Larry

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

"I came across this while looking for the pictures. Myself in 1971."

Couldn't decide if the picture looks like a old time western movie actor or a guy that I arrested in the early 80's. :blink: . Good pictures Paul, thanks for sharing them with us.
Larry,<br />Corpus Christi, Tejas<br />2007 Lazy Daze Class C and a 2005 Jeep Wrangler toad<br />04 Dodge 3500, Cummins<br /><br /><strong class='bbc'>Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I. One died for your soul, the other for your Freedom. </strong><br /><br /><br /><span style='font-family: Arial'><span style='color: #FF0000'>"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit</span></span><br /><span style='color: #FF0000'>violence on those who would do us harm." - </span><span style='color: #000000'>George Orwell</span>

#50 OFFLINE   Moose nugget

Moose nugget

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Exploring new places, Fly fishing, hunting, camping, and enjoy meeting follow campers.
  • Camper Brand:90FWS Adventurer
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
  • Name (Public):Walt

Posted 04 December 2005 - 12:40 PM

Wow Moose you guys really got hit good. I blame it on the people that live between us and you. They keep sending the storms to us. LOL LOL. Next storm is suppose to start tomorrow afternoon and dump from 6 to 10 more inches on us. Oh well just keep planning those spring and summer trips.
xnorp

Xnorp, it's not that bad. But, a lot of new comers are complaining. It's been cold here all week now, so just maybe we are going to have a good old fashion Alaska winter. It has been getting warmer over the past five years. I mean to were you can really tell it. But so far this winter it's been cooold. Today around noon it 5 deg F, but, the sun did come over the hoizion. It's not giving off much, if any heat, but just looks good. LOL :blink:
2004 Silverado 2500HD Ext Cab LB 4X4 Durmax 6.6L; 90FWS Adventurer, Michelin 245/70/19.5 tires, Homebuilt 4x8 trailer

#51 OFFLINE   anzan

anzan

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:art, guitar, model yacht racing
  • Camper Brand:SnowRiver 96 D/S
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F350

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:27 PM

Jerry, a party sounds good, especially in that backyard with the pool! Can we schedule in July?
Milt & Pat

#52 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

• Founder
  • 1695 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:47 AM

Jerry, a party sounds good, especially in that backyard with the pool! Can we schedule in July?

sounds good to me! I'll have to wait a while for a firm date as we are planning a trip to PA next year.

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#53 OFFLINE   anzan

anzan

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 10:32 AM

sounds good to me! I'll have to wait a while for a firm date as we are planning a trip to PA next year.

We too will be traveling in the new camper during those prime camping months but partying is always an option in my book. Cold Negras, a geetar, and the company of good friends make me a happy camper![attachment=309:attachment]
Milt & Pat

#54 OFFLINE   Budster

Budster

• Founder
  • 1695 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:27 AM

Cold Negras, a geetar, and the company of good friends make me a happy camper!

Milt,

Is Anza near Palm Springs? If so we are not that far away in Simi Valley! We will have to get together and do a campout, I'll bring my geetar and we can jam! :P What music do you play?

ymmv,
Jerry

00 30IB Lazy Daze
Mira Loma, CA
Visit My Website

#55 OFFLINE   BoyerCustomTrucks_com

BoyerCustomTrucks_com

Truck Equip Dealer

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Interests:Trucks, bikes, camping, dunes, guns
  • Name (Public):Scott

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:54 AM

(hippie talk for an ounce of marijuana)

*cough* *cough* you mean OLD hippie talk *cough* *cough*

Not that I'd know anything about that..... :D
<p class='bbc_center'><strong class='bbc'><span style='color: #ff0000'>Dont see it on the site? Just ask we prolly have it.<br />www.BoyerCustomTruck.com</span></strong><br />1997 F350 Power Stroke Diesel XLT<br />4 door, 4x4, Automatic, Off Road Package, Tow Package, AFE filter, IDM mod., Custom Tunes, Big Injectors, 203 Degree T-stat, No Rad Fan, Rediculously huge non intercooled turbo, BTS Trans, 6.0 trans cooler, Limited Slip front and rear, ChromMo Front Shafts, 4.10 gears, Skyjacker 6� front lift with Custom Rear Springs, Rancho RS9000X Pro Reservoir Shocks, Rancho Dual Steering Stabilizer, Ultra Razor 20x10 rims, Toyo MT 37x13.50r20, Super Hitch, Torq Lift Tie Downs, Prodigy Brake Controller, Ride Rite Air Bags, 33 gallon rear tank, Silver n Blue Gauge faces, Cobalts, 60psi Boost, 2000* EGT, Trans Temp, Fuel Press, Stereo with Video, Galaxy DX99 CB, 700watt power inverter, 3 1000cca batts under truck., 1� of sound deadening, 9 Can Fridge</p>

#56 OFFLINE   anzan

anzan

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:16 AM

Milt,

Is Anza near Palm Springs? If so we are not that far away in Simi Valley! We will have to get together and do a campout, I'll bring my geetar and we can jam! :D What music do you play?

Jerry, We are up at the 4000 ft level before you head down to Palm Desert. At the head of Coyote Canyon going down to Anza Borrego State Park. Plenty of room to park and jam! Music ranges from 'hippy' folk music to country to western with a little Stones thrown in. Thurs. nite is the local jam session at the one bar in town so make sure you are here for that night. I love campfire playing and can't wait to jam!
[attachment=312:attachment] Thats a D7 in the front yard!

Edited by anzan, 06 December 2005 - 09:19 AM.

Milt & Pat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In