• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Local time: 03:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Pa.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Arctic Fox 1140
  • Truck Make & Model:2009 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Kerry

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I am not familiar with the Wolf Creek line, but I am familiar with AF. The quality in my AF is the best that I have experienced with any RV that Ive owned.

So far their customer service is second to none. When I was on my search I narrowed the choice down to Lance and AF. I went with AF for several reasons, quality of build and overall fit and finish were two of the reasons.

#22 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AL
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500
  • Name (Public):Rusty Bridges

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

Good question shadow.

I don't know that answer myself for I'm new  to T/Cen as well.  Your doing a fine job of finding out all of the problems to avoid down the road

.  Another thing to think about is a good rv dealer if you buying from a dealer.  If your buying from the manufacture then that's different.   I have personaly read posts on here of how well Northwoods Manufacturing has treated it customers that own a Northwoods product.  I read a post on here of someone who bought a used Artic fox.   I believe it was an older one.  He took it to the manufacture to get some problems worked on and they went over and beyond fixing the main problem, and fixed a couple of other little things to for the guy free of charge.  Wow that floored me.  They might not do that for everyone but, word gets around and people tend to buy from places like that.  A manufacture that stands behind their product.  I'm sure that guy will buy another Arctic Fox someday.  Good sales point for Northwoods too

It has been my experence and the experence of others I know that Arctic Fox dealers are also higher caliber. I am sure there are bound to be some that aren't, but my thoughts are that dealers who sell AF do so because of the campers reputation for quality. So we can surmise these dealers are likely to be like minded with their customer service also.

I know one person that had a pretty big warranty claim, AF picked up the unit at the dealership, replaced the entire roof, made a couple of other small adjustments (because they noticed them), and returned the unit to the dealer ant absolutley NO Cost to the individual. I call that exemplary

Edited by Rusty Bridges, 25 March 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#23 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1750 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

The wolf creek is a lower end camper. the joist are 1/2 the thickness of those used in the Arctic Fox. Designed to make it lighter. I visited AF last spring and while I have no complaints about the wolf Creek, do not expect it to be of the same durability as a regular Arctic Fox. It is also not a winter camper.

The older Artic Fox ads had a whole crew of people standing on the roof to show its strenght.
With the Wolf Creek only allow 1/3 the amount of people standing on the roof and you should be okay.

#24 OFFLINE   Shadow

Shadow

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 01:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Well, I guess you have convinced me I will need to make a road trip to check out the Wolf Creek campers.  I like the Lance that I've seen but from what I have read from you guys the Northwood company does a great job with quality and customer service.  I know I'm at the lower end of the camper market but I've always held the belief that if I buy quality I will have fewer problems in the future.

Since the closest dealers that actually stock these campers are in Oregon, is there anyone on here that has purchased a camper in Oregon but actually live in CA?  I know I can save a bundle on sales tax (whether buying Lance or WC there), but I wonder about the financing?  What are the issues with financing a camper that may come up if I don't live in Oregon?

Mike

#25 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

Your purchase will probably be reported to your home state, you should be prepared to pay your state taxes when you register your new camper

Sorry,
Russ

#26 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1750 posts
  • Local time: 12:13 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Does a camper need licence plates in CA

#27 OFFLINE   Retired Mech.1998

Retired Mech.1998

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 274 posts
  • State/Province or Region:California
  • Camper Brand:2004 Snowriver 8.10
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW 4wd Extended Cab
  • Name (Public):Kurt & Carol Luke

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

No it is considered cargo.

2004 Chevy 3500 Ext Cab LB Duramax Alley DWR. 32.5 Hitchhicker II

#28 OFFLINE   sooty1234

sooty1234

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 887 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Camper Brand:Retro 177se
  • Truck Make & Model:Colorado
  • Name (Public):Jim

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Another prospective.http://www.rv.net/fo...id/26823544.cfm

"It ain't what a man knows that gets him in trouble. It's what he thinks he knows, but just ain't so!" Will Rogers.

#29 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Another prospective.http://www.rv.net/fo...id/26823544.cfm

I read the first five pages before I got bored with it. Some questions were answered, some were not. The OPs unit was 6-7 yrs old. It was way beyond warranty. The OP claimed it was maintained, but never elaborated on how. The thing that bothered me most was he claimed to be "turned back". My experence is Northwood has always been willing to make repairs and when they do, it looks like new, no sign of "repair" and their prices are much less than most RV repair shops. They can even replicate the decals on an older model.

That said, not everyone will be happy, no matter what you do. Likewise every manufacturer will drop the ball from time to time.

I have seen some problems on older AFs, and as these problems came to light corrections were made on new production. Some years ago they had a lot of water intrusion problems on the front ends of their TCs (I have seen a few and it is ugly) but I believe they have corrected the problem that causes it. Maintenance is paramount, I have never had an RV that didn't eventually leak if they weren't maintained.

I helped a friend recently repair a Lance that wasn't properly cared for, no fault of Lance's - just poor maintence. As end users we hate to bear the expense of large repairs but it is encumbent on us all to do our due dilligence and learn what we need to do to keep our units in good shape and try to avoid major repairs

Russ

#30 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

Here is a pic of the Lance I just posted about. Cost about what the camper was worth to repair. I have been there too. Now you have been warned.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP0684.JPG

#31 OFFLINE   gsair

gsair

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • State/Province or Region:az
  • Camper Brand:2001 arctic fox 990
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 chevy cc dually flatbed 4wd duramax
  • Name (Public):Gregg

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I read that post also, to the end. What I did not understand was that when I took my af to oregon for them to repair, I had to make an appointment about 1 month in advance. It seems to me that an appointment would have been made so that the repair could have been made whether under warranty or not, if so desired. The factory was backed up for 2 months starting in march. February { snow season } was the only quick appointments open. I would never ride their to see if something was under warranty without an appointment to have it fixed if I wanted to.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lance, Wolf Creek, first time buyer, help, better camper, quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In