#1 OFFLINE   Shadow

Shadow

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 09:56 AM
  • State/Province or Region:CA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Hi everyone.  I am looking to buy my first truck camper and am looking at either the Lance 865 or Wolf Creek 816 models.  Both are similar in size but I'm not sure which one is the best quality camper.  It will go on a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 short bed diesel pickup.

Looking at the spec sheets, the main difference I can see is the Wolf Creek can accomodate two batteries, whereas the Lance can only accept one.  Otherwise, the differences aren't too drastic that I can tell.

I have looked at the Lance camper in person and liked what I saw.  I have not seen the Wolf Creek in person, just online.  But, the Wolf Creek has similar features and is several thousand less.  Wolf Creek is made by Northwood.  What is your opinion on the two manufacturers?  I can't seem to find much info online regarding the Wolf Creek.  It seems the Lance has an edge based on the longevity of making campers but what is your experience with either brand?

Any advice / help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.  Although the campers are near the lower end of the price scale they are still an expensive toy that I want to purchase right the first time.

If you need any other info from me let me know.....I'm not used to asking questions in an online forum so I'm not sure what info would be pertinent.

Thanks.

#2 OFFLINE   Skipper Dave

Skipper Dave

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 AM
  • State/Province or Region:South Dakota
  • Interests:full time RVing, hiking, photography,whittling, straight razor shaving,fishing,blog: http://newadventuresofolddave.blogspot.com/
  • Camper Brand:AF 1150, wet bath, Solar
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F350 Supercab, 4x4, DWR, 6.2L, 4.30 gear, Camper package,13,300 GVWR, custom Reading service body, Hellwig Big Wig sway bar, Torklift tiedowns, Stable Loads & Fast Guns

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

IMHO both Lance and Northwoods make a good truck camper. Add Northern-lite and you probably have the top three in the industry. However I dont care to start a donnybrook here and this is just my opinoin after doing my research. I ened up with the large Arctic Fox 1150 but its what suits my needs, and needs are different for each of us.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lance, Wolf Creek, first time buyer, help, better camper, quality

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In