• Interests:4-wheeling, camping, hiking, fishing, and astronomy
  • Camper Brand:Outfitter Apex 8
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD
  • Name (Public):Don Curley

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

"Is there a time the world ends on that day, or is that too detailed."

Sunset

Which one? ;)

- 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty QC SB SRW 4x4 with 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel, 68RFE 6-speed automatic transmission, 9.25 front axle/11.50 rear axle with AAM TracRite-GT limited slip differential, exhaust brake, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T tires mounted on Power Wagon 17x8 forged aluminum wheels, Tuff Country 2.5" front leveling kit, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags (with in-cab controls, compressor & tank), Rancho RS9000XL shocks, full array of skid plates, Amp Research power retractable running boards, Buckstop Baja front bumper with Warn 16.5ti 16,500 winch, 6" PIAA 580 driving lights, and 4" PIAA 510 fog lights, Road Armor rear bumper with PIAA back-up lights, Line-X bedliner with Line-X Xtra Kevlar overcoat, and Undercover tonneau cover.
- 2007 Outfitter Apex 8 customized & modified with 220W solar, Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E MPPT controller, twin 6 volt T-145 Trojan batteries, Xantrex Prosine 2000W inverter/converter/charger, Honda EU2000i, Tundra fridge, Polar Cub A/C with remote digital thermostat/controls, Suburban 20K BTU furnace, Atwood XT water heater, ShurFlo Extreme 4 variable speed water pump, Suburban cook top with oven, microwave, twin Fantastic fans, Happijac tie-down system with Fast Guns, electric Happijac jacks, side/rear awnings, stereo system with outside speakers.
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4 highly modified with 5.9L Magnum V8 ... locked & loaded.

#23 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3731 posts
  • Local time: 11:50 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

as i said before its a work day for me. i wonder though...if it ends can i use a vacation day so i dont lose pay for that day?

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#24 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12477 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Which one? ;)

On  the dateline. don't worry it will happen after you are asleep. you simply won't wake up on the 22nd. Just take lots of sleeping pills.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#25 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1921 posts
  • Local time: 12:50 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Then I dont need to build a Truck Port for the TC. By the way What are your rigs height limits at. Looking at 12' 6" I need to recheck that with the DRW it just looks taller than the 3/4 ton. So if the world ends think of all the money I save by not building it.

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#26 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1581 posts
  • Local time: 01:50 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

I think we are SAVED.....

Since Julius Ceasar introduced leap years in 45BC, there have been 515 leap years, and we have been using the "Julian Calendar" ever since.  

That's 515 extra days that have been squeezed into the regular 365 day Mayan calendar.    SO....?

Since the Mayan Calendar didn't use leap years, according to "Mayan Time"  THEIR December 21, 2012 has already passed 515 days ago.  Their predicted 'End' was a year and a half ago. 

(Think of it as 'Springing Forward' 545 days using the Julian versus the Mayan Calendar)

Have a beer.  I think we missed it already.

Doug

#27 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2143 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

I will sit home and pout because I never got the chance to take my TC out for its first shake down!!

:mad0177:  :mad0235:  :character0029:     <----- Me having a fit!!

Now THAT would be a tragedy!

#28 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AL
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500
  • Name (Public):Rusty Bridges

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

I think we are SAVED.....

Since Julius Ceasar introduced leap years in 45BC, there have been 515 leap years, and we have been using the "Julian Calendar" ever since.  

That's 515 extra days that have been squeezed into the regular 365 day Mayan calendar.    SO....?

Since the Mayan Calendar didn't use leap years, according to "Mayan Time"  THEIR December 21, 2012 has already passed 515 days ago.  Their predicted 'End' was a year and a half ago. 

(Think of it as 'Springing Forward' 545 days using the Julian versus the Mayan Calendar)

Have a beer.  I think we missed it already.

Doug

Sorry Doug, the Mayan calendar and Julian calendar are 2 different beasts. The Mayan calendar had "vauge days" to adjust for that time creep. Their calendar was much more accurate than the one we use today. The Mayan calendar is still counting down and will run out in 6 hours and 13 days.

DEC, on the Mayan calendar the day changes at sunset, so at sunset Dec 21 we can chuck our calendars as they will be no good anymore.

The Mayan calender is a very long cycle, and our 21 Dec 2012 just happens to be when that cycle ends, just as our calendars end 31 Dec every year. I don't believe that their calendar ending on the solstice is a coincidence either, their knowlege of the heavans and the movement of the stars and the planets was very advanced.(or maybe I should say legendary)

#29 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Utah

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

DEC, on the Mayan calendar the day changes at sunset, so at sunset Dec 21 we can chuck our calendars as they will be no good anymore.

The Mayan calender is a very long cycle, and our 21 Dec 2012 just happens to be when that cycle ends, just as our calendars end 31 Dec every year. I don't believe that their calendar ending on the solstice is a coincidence either, their knowlege of the heavans and the movement of the stars and the planets was very advanced.(or maybe I should say legendary)

My question was actually more of a joke as there are obviously a lot of sunsets (and sunrises) at different times across the face of our planet in a given 24 hour period.  The sunset that would matter most in this case would most likely be the one associated with the longitudinal location of the Mayans (and certainly not on the International Date Line).

- 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty QC SB SRW 4x4 with 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel, 68RFE 6-speed automatic transmission, 9.25 front axle/11.50 rear axle with AAM TracRite-GT limited slip differential, exhaust brake, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T tires mounted on Power Wagon 17x8 forged aluminum wheels, Tuff Country 2.5" front leveling kit, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags (with in-cab controls, compressor & tank), Rancho RS9000XL shocks, full array of skid plates, Amp Research power retractable running boards, Buckstop Baja front bumper with Warn 16.5ti 16,500 winch, 6" PIAA 580 driving lights, and 4" PIAA 510 fog lights, Road Armor rear bumper with PIAA back-up lights, Line-X bedliner with Line-X Xtra Kevlar overcoat, and Undercover tonneau cover.
- 2007 Outfitter Apex 8 customized & modified with 220W solar, Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E MPPT controller, twin 6 volt T-145 Trojan batteries, Xantrex Prosine 2000W inverter/converter/charger, Honda EU2000i, Tundra fridge, Polar Cub A/C with remote digital thermostat/controls, Suburban 20K BTU furnace, Atwood XT water heater, ShurFlo Extreme 4 variable speed water pump, Suburban cook top with oven, microwave, twin Fantastic fans, Happijac tie-down system with Fast Guns, electric Happijac jacks, side/rear awnings, stereo system with outside speakers.
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4 highly modified with 5.9L Magnum V8 ... locked & loaded.

#30 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1581 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Rusty:

I got that calendar information from two Mayan women I met in a bar.  THOSE LYING MAYANS!!!  

They also said it was just a joke they started about their whole culture and population going extinct.   

Then they asked if I'd buy them a round of drinks since they were from 'out of town'.   

Well, they SAID they were Mayans.    I wonder what else they lied to me about?

#31 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

That's the oldest trick in the book.  Was it these two?

MayanWoman-1.jpg

MayanWoman-4.jpg

#32 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

Special close-out deal !!  2013 Mayan calendars (we're just giving them away!) ...

2013MayanCalendar.jpg

#33 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1581 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

That's them, Don. 

They also bummed $400 off of me for two bus tickets back to the Mayan Empire.  They said it was right near Mexico City.

We did have fun, but I'll know better next time. 

Thanks for the head's-up!     :)

#34 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12477 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

we are doooomed

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#35 OFFLINE   Rusty Bridges

Rusty Bridges

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AL
  • Camper Brand:Arctic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500
  • Name (Public):Rusty Bridges

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

:red_smile:  Sorry, I take my Pre Columbian studies too seriously. Of course I should have known better than take someone seriously that carries an elephant gun and a sawsall around with them everywhere they go

#36 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3209 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 AM

Which mayan calendar are we talking about?  The old incomplete one that runs out on the 21st, or the second one they found in another temple later on on a wall that goes well beyond the 21st? :P

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#37 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

Which mayan calendar are we talking about?  The old incomplete one that runs out on the 21st, or the second one they found in another temple later on on a wall that goes well beyond the 21st? :P

It's the first one.  On further analysis it was discovered that the Mayan's outsourced the second one to China and they screwed it up. :tongue0013:

#38 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12477 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Well they are right about one thing, sooner or later we are doomed. No civilization has lasted forever, why should  ours be any different. Every time on has ended it has been extremely unpleasant for those around at the time. Please let me be already 6 ft under when it does. I prefer to live in a Leave it to Beaver rerun.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#39 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Please let me be already 6 ft under when it does. I prefer to live in a Leave it to Beaver rerun.

With Eddie Haskell & Lumpy Rutherford for eternity ??  Sounds like a little piece of Hell.  :sign0202:

#40 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1581 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

MayanFriday.jpg