80 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Local time: 03:41 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Interests:Camping, traveling, reading, geocaching, fishing (new effort), gardening, DIY stuff, farming pecans, meeting people.
  • Camper Brand:Lance 915 mfg in October 2007.
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Laramie LB w/6.7 CTD; Torklift; Happijac ties, Hellwig Big Wig; Rancho 9000LX, Bullet liner, Husky goose-neck
  • Name (Public):Harry

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:45 PM

Great discussion. I enjoy the toys I have, although every time I buy one I find I didn't always figure (or configure) things correctly. That said, having the TC and the 5er have been well worth while. The 5er is used as guest sleeping for when my adult children visit with their friend(s). The noise stays in the yard not in my house. My TC will last many years and will probably sell for what I bought it. Since I almost always buy used, I stay pretty even.

My wife's nephew bought a class A Winnebago. He lived in it whenever he was on a job. Since he traveled 90% of the time, he was able to use his per diem money to make the payments. He paid for the Winny in just over a year. The gain for him: he had a place where he knew where his clothes were and how the bed slept. It was home. For sanity, it was priceless. He still uses it, but now he goes to the lake or to the ocean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In