• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts
  • Local time: 10:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Anybody want to buy my $2000.00 paintball gun?

#22 OFFLINE   jamminalong

jamminalong

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 347 posts
  • Local time: 08:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:hiking & fishing
  • Camper Brand:1998 Lance-Squire Lite 165
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy 2500HD 4x4
  • Name (Public):~M

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Anybody want to buy my $2000.00 paintball gun?

NO! Already have one of those too!

jamminalong
98 Lance Squire Lite 165
Chevy 2500HD SB 4x4

Sideview200_zps64415c47.jpg

#23 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

NO! Already have one of those too!

Haaaaaaaaaa... See, people think a TC is expensive!!!

Then, let me show you my $600+ fishing reel! (Which one do you want to see first?)

So, how much does fun cost?

#24 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

yes, the camper may be expensive in a big picture but i at least use mine. unlike my 2 boats that have sat in the back for the last 2 years with out getting wet. besides from the rain.

(yes i know the op was just stating a fact, no disrespect or anything like that)

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#25 OFFLINE   jamminalong

jamminalong

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:hiking & fishing
  • Camper Brand:1998 Lance-Squire Lite 165
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy 2500HD 4x4
  • Name (Public):~M

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

yes, the camper may be expensive in a big picture but i at least use mine. unlike my 2 boats that have sat in the back for the last 2 years with out getting wet. besides from the rain.

(yes i know the op was just stating a fact, no disrespect or anything like that)

So when you compare the boats that TC is pretty cheap huh? LOL!!

jamminalong
98 Lance Squire Lite 165
Chevy 2500HD SB 4x4

Sideview200_zps64415c47.jpg

#26 OFFLINE   EASYRV

EASYRV

Poster

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Local time: 07:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:MANITOBA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:45 PM

TWO HAPPIEST DAYS IN A BOATERS LIFE ( :) MAYBE ONE IS HAPPIER THAN THE OTHER..COULD BE SAME FOR RV'S?? MAYBE :) )
THE DAY HE BUYS
AND THEN
THE DAY HE SELLS!!

MOST EXPENSIVE TOY U WILL EVER OWN..IS TE ONE U DONT USE

#27 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

TWO HAPPIEST DAYS IN A BOATERS LIFE ( :) MAYBE ONE IS HAPPIER THAN THE OTHER..COULD BE SAME FOR RV'S?? MAYBE :) )
THE DAY HE BUYS
AND THEN
THE DAY HE SELLS!!

it gets worse....my fishing gear has been sitting around unused that long too. :sad0049:

(the boats are paid for at least)

www.thetclife.com

#28 OFFLINE   DakotaCamper

DakotaCamper

Past President

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3631 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Camping, Photography, Camping, Quilting, Camping, Reading, Camping, Pets (Dogs & Cats),...did I mention Camping?
  • Camper Brand:2006 Lance 1191 & 2017 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 Ford F-550 DRW
  • Name (Public):Sally

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well damn, the Vette is one expensive toy because we've been out using the TC more than driving the car around.

Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Camper_Avatar_200x200.jpg

The interstate system of highways is fine for getting where you need to be in a hurry, but it's the road less traveled that is more enjoyable. Take in the scenery before life passes you by in a blur.

#29 OFFLINE   mtnkwby

mtnkwby

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA
  • Interests:Camping and 4x4's
  • Camper Brand:Looking
  • Truck Make & Model:Looking
  • Name (Public):Chuck & Ruth

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

BOAT=

B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

The piece of mind that I'm the only one who ever slept (or whatever) in my bed..............priceless.

Currently Tent Campers

2006 CR-V

1963 IH Scout 80 DD

1964 IH Scout 80 (project)

1978 CB750K bagger

#30 OFFLINE   wirenut

wirenut

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Local time: 11:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:VA
  • Interests:boating trains amateur radio
  • Camper Brand:Fleetwood
  • Truck Make & Model:'05 3500 chevy

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

My numbers look a lot better than the OP's.
My truck is used for my electrical contracting business when not camping so:
Truck cost: had to buy it any way, business expense
Truck maintenance, incurance, tires, etc: have to do it anyway, business expense
Truck depreciations: business expense
Storage: it sits in my garage
Campsites: I've got friends and family all over with driveways, National forest is free, I'd bet less than $20 per night

Either way, camping sure is fun.

#31 OFFLINE   EASYRV

EASYRV

Poster

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

Wirenut, I'm with you! Lota TC owners keep their cost down per night! They use friends driveways, wal marts, flying J's, scoot in by the side of the road somewhere etc.. that helps a lot.. at that point ( oh ya.. in my numbers I did not include truck depreciation... for most folks.. hell that would raise the night stay to in anywhere from another $100 - $300 per night - super ouch!! that would make it almost $1000.00 per night yipes!!)
truck depreciation aside ...doing this keeps it down to TC depreciation, Insurance, & TC maintenace = friends driveways etc.. a bargain at $300. per night!
Look it.. if the "vast majority" not all but vast majority of folks knew this TC lifestyle or any RV lifestyle cost what it did .. answer would be no thanks
Like one fellow told me "I spent a lot of money to be irritated"
He quoted.. I got sway, roll.. etc.. need to think about GVWR, GAWR, Stablloads, load it ,unload it, rancho, vision, air bags, fuel cost, braking & on & on
Many people sell their homes..go Fulltime RV thinking it's cheaper..
If ya look at the numbers...look at what u get 4 those numbers & say i don't care...cost be damned... then that is fine .. it's when they live in denial..even most boat owners R surprised at the cost after they buy...that's why the 2nd happiest day in the boat owners life is when he sells... but once u r in the soup..sometimes (often) it is hard 2 sell..so u just grin & bear it... most RV dealers, salesman etc... u will notice do not participate in the RV lifestyle...maybe cause they know the facts...the other ones get in at wholesale
again..all this is just informational... just observation....no judgement...

#32 OFFLINE   RustyStuff

RustyStuff

Poster

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Camper Brand:1976 Wolverine 8ft Non-cabover.
  • Truck Make & Model:1985 Dodge W250
  • Name (Public):Kyle.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

My camper fun only cost me $500ish sofar.
Allready had the truck
Truck is not going to depreciate anymore, it's old.
Matinence, I have to do that anyway.
No special mods for the truck to haul the camper, it had them.
Gas, got to buy that anyway unless I rode my cycle somewhere, and my gas milage hasent really gone down with the camper, can't do worse than bad.
$30 a year to tabs for the camper and $30 for afew tubes of cauking and i'm good, mabey another tank of propaine every once in a while.

Thats Cheep. A week in a sleezy motel is more $$$$.
My boats cheap too. A $300 dollar almost new 5hp boat motor+ free fish finder, $70 for tires, a little wire for the lights and i'm on the water.

Some of the rigs on here cost twice what the house I lived in a few years ago cost new!

Edited by RustyStuff, 28 July 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   EASYRV

EASYRV

Poster

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

RUSTYSTUFF SAID...

$500.00 a night …NOT BAD!

Allready had the truck

TRUCK MAINT. IS A LOT MORE THAN A CAR... WHEN OLD TRUCK BREAKS DOWN ON THE ROAD.. OH BABAY!! GET THE CREDIR CARD OUT...OH BABAY!!

Gas, got to buy that anyway unless I rode my cycle somewhere, and my gas milage hasent really gone down with the camper, can't do worse than bad.

SORRY, GAS FOR A TRUCK IS LOT MORE THAN A CAR..NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...LOT MORE..NOT SURE WHAT THE POINT IS WHEN U SAY GOTTA BUY GAS ANYWAY..OF COURSE...BUT A LOT MORE

$30 a year to tabs for the camper and $30 for afew tubes of cauking and i'm good, mabey another tank of propaine every once in a while.
GUESS YOU NOT USING THE CAMPER THAT MUCH??...MAKES THE USAGE COST EVEN MORE

AT THE COST OF A TC..NO NEED 2 STAY IN A SLEEZY MOTEL…
WE HAVE A “HOTEL KIT” ..PULL INTO THE WELCOME CENTRE… GET THE “HOTEL NOT MOTEL” COUPONS…STAY IN VERY VERY NICE HOTELS FOR ANYWHERE (DEPEND ON TIME OF YEAR & STATE) FROM $60.-$100. PER NIGHT… WHEN I GET TO A DESTINATION THAT HAS A NICE STATE, PROV PARK THAT I WANT 2 VISIT… & NO HOTEL CLOSE BY… WE HAVE A “CAMPING SYSTEM” THAT WE USE FOR COUPLE OF NIGHTS IF FAMILY TC NOT AVAILABLE… HOTEL IS CHEAPER & A LOT LESS HASSLE…MOST PARKS HAVE NO HOOKUPS… IF THEY DO (PRIVATE) U GONNA PAY…
WITH HOTEL TRAVEL NEVER GET ANYWHERE NEAR $500.00 - $1000.00 PER NIGHT & GET TO KEEP MY CAPITAL
OH YA…HOTEL DUDE TREATS U AS A CUSTOMER..MOST CG’S I’VE BEEN 2…WHEN THEY GIVE U A SITE IT’S LIKE THEY DOIN U A FAVOUR..& MOST SITES R DIRTY..WITH B.S. HOOKUPS ..

My boats cheap too. A $300 dollar almost new 5hp boat motor+ free fish finder, $70 for tires, a little wire for the lights and i'm on the water.
GREAT!

Some of the rigs on here cost twice what the house I lived in a few years ago cost new!

NO DOUBT!!

#34 OFFLINE   Gakdoom

Gakdoom

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 69 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Washington
  • Interests:Camping with the family, fishing, golf, hiking
  • Camper Brand:Northstar
  • Truck Make & Model:F350
  • Name (Public):Russ

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:10 AM

Just returned from six days out. Total cost including camping fees, fuel(total fuel not the extra due to the camper) entertainment and food was $400. Kids got to explore an old shipwreck on the beach, earned their Jr Ranger badges at Mt Rainier N.P. and Mt St. Helens Nat'l volcanic monument. My five year old was telling me things matter of factly that she had learned on her own by being out doors and observing nature. (i.e. not from watching Dora the Explorer). I could go on and on... Tell me what price you put on things like this? I can always make more money. I can't make more time with my young children before they grow up. My kids never got to experience the things like this when we stayed in hotels. This is the first year with the camper and so far it is a bargain! I must admit that my cost was lower due to a free night at a KOA on the Oregon coast that we won at the Montana Rally. Thanks NATCOA!

#35 OFFLINE   RustyStuff

RustyStuff

Poster

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Camper Brand:1976 Wolverine 8ft Non-cabover.
  • Truck Make & Model:1985 Dodge W250
  • Name (Public):Kyle.

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

RUSTYSTUFF SAID...

$500.00 a night …NOT BAD!

The camper doesnt cost $500 a night, it cost $500 total, and everything works, and it isnt rotted out. I've used it 1 week sofar in the 4 that i've owned it. Puts me under $100 a night. and i'm going to be going places for 2 weeks in august on my vacation.

Allready had the truck

TRUCK MAINT. IS A LOT MORE THAN A CAR... WHEN OLD TRUCK BREAKS DOWN ON THE ROAD.. OH BABAY!! GET THE CREDIR CARD OUT...OH BABAY!!
Not really, i maintian it myself, in the almost 3 years i've had it, not one problem save for a dead battery and that was my fault. And a car will surly cost more than my truck will to fix and I know this first hand!, Have you ever seen the Repair bill for a modern car? Get ready to be bent over the mechanics counter! And god help you if you want to fix it yourself, your probably can't! I don't have that problem, if theres something broken on my truck, i've got the tools and experience to fix it

SORRY, GAS FOR A TRUCK IS LOT MORE THAN A CAR..NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...LOT MORE..NOT SURE WHAT THE POINT IS WHEN U SAY GOTTA BUY GAS ANYWAY..OF COURSE...BUT A LOT MORE

My only vehicle beside my motorcycle is my truck, so if I was going to go on a trip, I'm takeing the truck 95% of the time thus the gas will be burned anyway, Instead of sleeping in the bed of it, Now i have a real bed to sleep in.

GUESS YOU NOT USING THE CAMPER THAT MUCH??...MAKES THE USAGE COST EVEN MORE

Not much to go wrong with my camper. Simplicy has advantages. Theres a gas light, a fridge, a stove and a furnace, all of which are the simplest designs available, 2 12v lights and thats about it.

AT THE COST OF A TC..NO NEED 2 STAY IN A SLEEZY MOTEL…
WE HAVE A “HOTEL KIT” ..PULL INTO THE WELCOME CENTRE… GET THE “HOTEL NOT MOTEL” COUPONS…STAY IN VERY VERY NICE HOTELS FOR ANYWHERE (DEPEND ON TIME OF YEAR & STATE) FROM $60.-$100. PER NIGHT… WHEN I GET TO A DESTINATION THAT HAS A NICE STATE, PROV PARK THAT I WANT 2 VISIT… & NO HOTEL CLOSE BY… WE HAVE A “CAMPING SYSTEM” THAT WE USE FOR COUPLE OF NIGHTS IF FAMILY TC NOT AVAILABLE… HOTEL IS CHEAPER & A LOT LESS HASSLE…MOST PARKS HAVE NO HOOKUPS… IF THEY DO (PRIVATE) U GONNA PAY…
WITH HOTEL TRAVEL NEVER GET ANYWHERE NEAR $500.00 - $1000.00 PER NIGHT & GET TO KEEP MY CAPITAL
OH YA…HOTEL DUDE TREATS U AS A CUSTOMER..MOST CG’S I’VE BEEN 2…WHEN THEY GIVE U A SITE IT’S LIKE THEY DOIN U A FAVOUR..& MOST SITES R DIRTY..WITH B.S. HOOKUPS ..

That makes sence if your alternative was spending $35000 on a new TC. Also theres no near by hotel/motels out in the desert/ woods where I go.

GREAT!

NO DOUBT!!

Just wanted to clear some things up.

Haveing a TC doesnt have to be expencive, as long as your smart about it!

Edited by RustyStuff, 29 July 2012 - 09:22 AM.

#36 OFFLINE   stuwu4s

stuwu4s

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 753 posts
  • Local time: 11:06 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NC
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):stuart johnson

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Does this website have a spell checker ???
We have room for but one flag, the AMERICAN FLAG.We have room for but one language here, and that is the ENGLISH language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a LOYALITY TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

#37 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Correct grammar is highly over rated these days. Don't you wish everyone tried a bit harder? I sure do.

#38 OFFLINE   Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Arkansas
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1050S
  • Truck Make & Model:2014 Dodge Ram 3500

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

What is the value of having my own bed with our clean sheets and pillow cases?

What is the value of walking across the floor in my camper barefooted and knowing it is your debris you are walking in?

What is the value of having a toilet that I know who the last person to sat there was?

What is the value of having a shower that you know was not used as a urinal?

What is the value of having cold food in the frig when I want it?

What is the value of camping next to people like "The TC Life" and meeting many more like minded people?

If you try to compute the ROI for every dollar you spend, you will be sitting at home with a calculator watching your money either grow or being taxed for someone else to use.

I drive an expensive truck and carry an expensive TC. Like I told a group of people that had tried to raise our real estate taxes and were defeated in a County wide vote - "It is OUR money"; "We voted our money" The people that complained the most were living in a low rent subsidized neighborhood.

So to all concerned - I enjoy my money and my TC as I see fit. God Bless Freedom and Democracy.

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CTD - Lance 1050S

#39 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

What is the value of camping next to people like "The TC Life" and meeting many more like minded people?

I know the calculation on this one!

It's .....

Infinity x Infinity + 1

#40 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3727 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

ahhhh shucks. :red_smile:

www.thetclife.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In