• Admin
  • 12484 posts
  • Local time: 12:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:03 AM

Mark sent me some pictures & specs on their new model of XP Camper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Files

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#2 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3215 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Oregon
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Camper Brand:1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears
  • Name (Public):RedneckExpress

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:52 AM

Looks very European....

Follow me as I full-time the Redneck Way at The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper
'2006 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
'1987 Custom Built Pullman Mini Camper (The Pullman Mini Camper Project)
'2004 Bi-Mart 1000lbs Cargo Trailer (Chuck wagon)
signature_banner_500x.jpg

#3 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2160 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

It needs shark teeth decals.

#4 OFFLINE   weymard

weymard

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Local time: 09:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NORMANDY
  • Camper Brand:Lance 815 2007
  • Truck Make & Model:FORD F250 POWERSTROKE 4X4 LARIAT 2008
  • Name (Public):weymard

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:28 AM

Very interesting, and yes look very European ! May be an intelligent composition with the best of both side of the Atlantic Ocean.
I would like to see the interior !
I copy the pictures and the specifications in the French truck/camper forum : http://www.casa-trot...mper-t2645.html

Edited by weymard, 21 April 2012 - 01:30 AM.

#5 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3215 posts
  • Interests:Camper Restoration, Antique RVs, Camping, Fishing, Full-timing, Gardening, Cigars
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Power Wagon W-250 "Dually" 4x4 5.9L V8 TBI 4 speed H.D Tranny 4.10 Gears

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

My hope is that XP doesn't become the next earthroamer with the condition of the economy and slowly disappear into the night like many other camper pioneers that were ahead of their times.

My hope is that XP doesn't become the next earthroamer with the condition of the economy and slowly disappear into the night like many other camper pioneers that were ahead of their times.

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 Club Cab Long Bed "Dually" V8 5.9l 4spd H.D Auto 4x4 4.10 Gears
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper

#6 OFFLINE   XPCAMPER

XPCAMPER

Grand Potentate

• TC- Manufacturers
  • 63 posts
  • State/Province or Region:ca
  • Interests:Exploring, fly fishing, BBQ, Exploring the great US.
  • Camper Brand:XPCAMPER
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 4x4
  • Name (Public):Marc Wassmann

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Thanks for your concern.
I started this business in the worst time alright, but we are pretty busy with a solid back log to build both campers.
In the first year we sold campers to Africa, Australia, Alaska, Canada and of course in the US. Never thought that my "hobby" became an international company that quickly.

So much for DOA huh Brad from RV.net !!!!

It sure is fun to work with advanced materials using cutting edge technology.

BTW, Earthroamer is still in business
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4; Denver off road Aluminum Front bumper; Aluminum Flatbed; XPCamper NO 2; 285/75/17; otherwise stock.

#7 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3215 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for your concern.
I started this business in the worst time alright, but we are pretty busy with a solid back log to build both campers.
In the first year we sold campers to Africa, Australia, Alaska, Canada and of course in the US. Never thought that my "hobby" became an international company that quickly.

It sure is fun to work with advanced materials using cutting edge technology.

BTW, Earthroamer is still in business

Who bought them, do you know? All I remember is they filed for bankruptcy a couple years ago.

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper

#8 OFFLINE   XPCAMPER

XPCAMPER

Grand Potentate

• TC- Manufacturers
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Who bought them, do you know? All I remember is they filed for bankruptcy a couple years ago.

They started back up. Not sure about their finacial dealings. I do know they filed chapter something?
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4; Denver off road Aluminum Front bumper; Aluminum Flatbed; XPCamper NO 2; 285/75/17; otherwise stock.

#9 OFFLINE   XPCAMPER

XPCAMPER

Grand Potentate

• TC- Manufacturers
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

Here is apic of the last camper we send out...

http://www.facebook....15604637&type=1

#10 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was going to post info on it over there, but he deletes my posts at random. He deleted one in a thread by a guy about to drill the roof of his AF based on other advice there, even my own post, before I realized what camper he had. I had only just been to the Northwood factory, so I posted on why he should not drill the way others advised. It got deleted. Fortunately I managed to get a hold of the guy by PM & connect him up with a rep in AF before he made a costly mistake. Sometimes i wonder about that place.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#11 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Local time: 02:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Interests:Camping, traveling, reading, geocaching, fishing (new effort), gardening, DIY stuff, farming pecans, meeting people.
  • Camper Brand:Lance 915 mfg in October 2007.
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Laramie LB w/6.7 CTD; Torklift; Happijac ties, Hellwig Big Wig; Rancho 9000LX, Bullet liner, Husky goose-neck
  • Name (Public):Harry

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

Sounds like he is jealous. You provide good information and you don't 'talk down" to the people you are trying to help. I'm glad you're a member of this group. You always try to help resolve the issues that do come up. Thanks!

#12 OFFLINE   XPCAMPER

XPCAMPER

Grand Potentate

• TC- Manufacturers
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

I had a visitor in my shop a while back and he reported it on RV.net. It was locked down with in a few hours.

It seems when someone has positive things to say about my campers, it gets locked down, how ever, when the negative discussion started, it kept on going.

I have great support form big companies like Webasto, Carmanah and Dometic to name a few. While I am one of their smaller customers, they like working with us as we are always trying to push the envelope with new design and technology.

Who knows where XPCamper will be in a few years, but I am living a dream getting to do what I enjoy.

I never dreamed when I got to the US 21 years ago with a few $ in my pocket that i would be building cutting edge composite
campers.

#13 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • Interests:Camping, traveling, reading, geocaching, fishing (new effort), gardening, DIY stuff, farming pecans, meeting people.
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Laramie LB w/6.7 CTD; Torklift; Happijac ties, Hellwig Big Wig; Rancho 9000LX, Bullet liner, Husky goose-neck

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Keep going! As long as you are doing what you really enjoy and its legal, ignore the "idjits" who can't stand success. Your camper is very neat looking and, I suspect, will have a major impact on the design of future campers. Given the way fuel prices keep changing, I think the market will also keep changing. Hallmark, for example, is now working with a composite called Coosa. Many companies are trying out new ways of doing things so they can stay competitive, reduce prices, and satisfy their customers. This is a very challenging proposition --"customers" allways want more than they can afford, but we don't want to pay more than the 1970's era camper for the item. :happy0068:
Good luck with your efforts.

#14 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was very impressed when I visited Marks place in Sacramento. I think Rick was as well. Nice guy, and he has some very innovative ideas. He is always welcome to post news of his developments here.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#15 OFFLINE   RedneckExpress

RedneckExpress

Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 3215 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:41 PM

Paul, I don't want to get too off topic here and I don't mean this in a mean way, but you really need to come to terms with the fact that you were kicked and banned from RV.net some time ago, and your continued attempts at active participation (other than quiet PM advice to people like the fellow with the AF) and antagonism of the mods are only hurting NATCOA's name, not helping.

CB Channel 17
Redneck Express
'1974 KIT 1106 Kamper

#16 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

• Admin
  • 12484 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Sorry, but I get very annoyed when important information is posted to someone who is about to drill his roof, and incorrect info is posted there, that may cause him & others to do the same, then a mod deletes the correction. There was no mention of NATCOA in the post, simply that I had just gone to AF & seen how their roofs were constructed, and that he needed to contact someone there before drilling, since the ply is very thin (to allow curvature of the roof) and supported by the high density insulation underneath, giving the impression it is thicker & will hold a screw (You can walk on it, but it won't hold a screw well). I told him he has to find aluminum cross pieces, but needed to contact AF to find out which ones may contain wiring.

If the mod does not like me that is fine, I'm not crazy about him either, but deleting a post that will prevent AF owners from making an expensive mistake makes my blood boil. IMO he is doing a disservice to TC owners who rely on info & advice there. At least people know that on this forum, information is not suppressed. I am not banned there, banning paying customer is bad for business, & I drop a couple hundred a year with Good Sam, etc. It was a couple of years ago, when I had the run in with him. The guy simply does not like me, I usually avoid posting there except when I see an obvious error in advice. I have a long list of screen shots of postings he deletes. Here is but one example. Here is the thread it was posted in, you can see its deleted. it jumps from elkshornsun to art_wa. See anything wrong with that post? I am not the only one he does this to, BTW. As Mark pointed out, anything positive about XP tends to get deleted as well, so he obviously dislikes Mark.

Anyway, I'm ranting.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#17 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

An occasional rant is fine, it lowers the blood pressure and lets the rest of us learn about "idjits" in other places. As long as this forum accepts all input and the responses, we are the winners. So far, I have not seen any comments I wouldn't want to show my wife. I really enjoy this forum and all the people. Keep the good work going so we'll know where we've been.
.....................THANKS.......................

#18 OFFLINE   XPCAMPER

XPCAMPER

Grand Potentate

• TC- Manufacturers
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:00 AM

I was very impressed when I visited Marks place in Sacramento. I think Rick was as well. Nice guy, and he has some very innovative ideas. He is always welcome to post news of his developments here.

Thanks Paul.
Thinking outside the box is often a challenge, that's why I deleted the box and put a flatbed on... ;)

#19 OFFLINE   DEC

DEC

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Utah
  • Interests:4-wheeling, camping, hiking, fishing, and astronomy
  • Camper Brand:Outfitter Apex 8
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD
  • Name (Public):Don Curley

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:01 AM

I had a visitor in my shop a while back and he reported it on RV.net. It was locked down with in a few hours.

It seems when someone has positive things to say about my campers, it gets locked down

Marc,

As you know, RV.net has a policy of not allowing vendors or manufacturers to directly post, which I think is a loss for that forum. However, I too have seen Brad close threads when someone unaffiliated even talks about or shows photos of your campers. At one point not that long ago, Brad made the surprising case that you actually preferred it that way (which made no sense to me). If that is not your position, you may want to PM Brad to clarify matters (i.e., assuming you still have your original membership account before you became a camper manufacturer).

Don
- 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty QC SB SRW 4x4 with 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel, 68RFE 6-speed automatic transmission, 9.25 front axle/11.50 rear axle with AAM TracRite-GT limited slip differential, exhaust brake, 35" Toyo Open Country M/T tires mounted on Power Wagon 17x8 forged aluminum wheels, Tuff Country 2.5" front leveling kit, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags (with in-cab controls, compressor & tank), Rancho RS9000XL shocks, full array of skid plates, Amp Research power retractable running boards, Buckstop Baja front bumper with Warn 16.5ti 16,500 winch, 6" PIAA 580 driving lights, and 4" PIAA 510 fog lights, Road Armor rear bumper with PIAA back-up lights, Line-X bedliner with Line-X Xtra Kevlar overcoat, and Undercover tonneau cover.
- 2007 Outfitter Apex 8 customized & modified with 220W solar, Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E MPPT controller, twin 6 volt T-145 Trojan batteries, Xantrex Prosine 2000W inverter/converter/charger, Honda EU2000i, Tundra fridge, Polar Cub A/C with remote digital thermostat/controls, Suburban 20K BTU furnace, Atwood XT water heater, ShurFlo Extreme 4 variable speed water pump, Suburban cook top with oven, microwave, twin Fantastic fans, Happijac tie-down system with Fast Guns, electric Happijac jacks, side/rear awnings, stereo system with outside speakers.
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4x4 highly modified with 5.9L Magnum V8 ... locked & loaded.

#20 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

That's what I like about this forum, the people here are civil, after all we just want to camp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In