55 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3741 posts
  • Local time: 07:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

When I called the CG in June Lake, they called me back, to make sure that we had a bathroom and shower since the do not have them available at the campground. They were amazed by the size of the S&S and that it only took me 10 miutes to level it and hook up.

that amazes me that that still happens out west, especially the northwest where there are many tcs around. oh well, we just get to see the looks on the faces as they actually see or hear what is in a tc. i look at it as a teaching oportunity.

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

#42 OFFLINE   mtnkwby

mtnkwby

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Local time: 06:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:CA/OR
  • Interests:Camping and 4x4's
  • Camper Brand:S&S 11SC
  • Truck Make & Model:1990 F350 S/C Lariat Dually, Camper Special
  • Name (Public):Chuck & Ruth

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:26 PM

When we go to rallies with it.......EVERYONE has to see the inside! They are amazed how well the unit is designed and how much storage there is.

1990 F350 S/C Dually Camper Special

1990 S&S 11SC Camper

2011 Ranger S/C XLT

2006 CR-V

#43 OFFLINE   Rick1985

Rick1985

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 538 posts
  • Local time: 09:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:NJ
  • Camper Brand:Fleetwood
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge Ram 3500

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well I just had a sort of different version of TC discrimination. Camping World, ie, Good Sam Club. My dad belonged to that club in the 60's and it was a sociable place to be. Not now! Well, maybe for million dollar R/V's it is. As soon as they found out I was a T/C camper the noses went up and the attitude went stone cold. I was practically shown the door. Didn't bother me because they were sold out of everything that was on sale and the prices were outragous. Yea, I know. It will not happen three times that is for sure. Here is the kicker, the sales guy wanted to know if I wanted to renew my membership! I very politely told him "I was going to say when Hell freezes over but with as cold as it has gotten in here since you all saw that old T/C out there I think I will just leave it at no Sir, I do not". And I walked out of Camping World for the last time. I sent off a nasty letter to Mr. Lemonis who will not answer me this time any more than he did the last time this place burnt me.

#44 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1583 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

From now on, we all park in the FRONT ROW! :happy0005: Take THAT Camping World! :tongue0013:
Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   KnightEagle

KnightEagle

KnightEagle

• NATCOA Members
  • 1945 posts
  • Local time: 08:19 PM
  • State/Province or Region:Tx
  • Camper Brand:2017 Adventure Alp 116DS
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Ram 3500HD DRW
  • Name (Public):KnightEagle

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Even our stay at yellowstone this summer brought a oh really from the lady that checked us in. She hand us a slip of paper saying we could use the showers and the best time were at. I told her thanks but we more than likely use the shower in the TC. Quess they think we dont shower or some thing. I get asked all the time if we have this or that. Love there looks when they see a home on wheels in such a tight arragement. Whished we had a pop out or two for the room it gives. Saw a artic fox in Wy on the trip it had a slid out dining room man didnt it seem like it was twice as big as our TC in room.

:sign0007: I got it fixed!

2012 Ram 3500HD DRW. RideRite 5000 Air Bags. Hellwig sway Bar rear. Curt hitch 17000/2550. Engine: 6.7-Liter I6 Cummins® Turbo Diesel Engine Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic 68RFE. 2017 Adventure Alp 116DS 5153+ lb. Reg Cab. Torklift Frame mounts. Ranch Hand Front Bumber, Duel hitch and 4' extension . C.B channel 19 most times. Towing a 16 ft storage trailer with a jon boat inside.

ALP116DS2017
ALP116DS10.JPG

#46 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Interests:Camping, traveling, reading, geocaching, fishing (new effort), gardening, DIY stuff, farming pecans, meeting people.
  • Camper Brand:Lance 915 mfg in October 2007.
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Laramie LB w/6.7 CTD; Torklift; Happijac ties, Hellwig Big Wig; Rancho 9000LX, Bullet liner, Husky goose-neck
  • Name (Public):Harry

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

My 2004 Apache didn't have the shower which is one reason I sold it. It was much lighter than my current TC (Lance 915) but without the shower it wasn't as nice for my wife. She insists! on showering daily for some reason. Of course, I've done my best to discourage her; the first time she showered in our 5er, we ran out of hot water (and water) since I forgot to switch from on-board to campground. The first time she showered in the Lance the water backed up from the holding tank; you guessed it, I forgot to empty the tank. That is one big disadvantage of the model I have: fresh water tank=30 gal; grey water tank=15; black water = 15.

I now have a back-up plan. I bought a shower tent in which I can use the solar powered hot water heater.

#47 OFFLINE   Bedlam

Bedlam

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1439 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Things with wheels
  • Camper Brand:2018 Host Mammoth 11.5
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 Ram 5500 HD
  • Name (Public):Pete

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

We just returned from an RV park in British Columbia that was dominated with Class A and fifth wheel rigs. They were amazed that a little rig like mine had a shower, slide and gen set. I told them I I had a little rig on a short bed truck and they get much bigger and even have triple slides to their amazement. They were even more amazed at the 20' garage in tow with the multitude of vehicles and furniture inside. I think I upset their world's sense of balance.

2012 Interstate Car Carrier ICC10220TA3, 20'x8.5', 8" I-beam frame, dual 5200 lb 4" drop torsion axles, Diamond plate, Towmax 225/75R15 LRE tires on galvanized rims, Harbor Freight 10k lb equalizing hitch, Camping World vent cover, LED lighting, 3' RV door, front and rear door interior light switches, interior plywood walls and floor, 70' of Harbor Freight E-track rail with recessed corner 5k lb D-rings, Dual 42 gal fresh water tanks with Harbor Freight transfer pump, portable dual Harbor Freight 45w solar arrays, 100 lbs LPG in four bottles, PowerArmor Max Solar 5-battery box, Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2015 Ram 5500 HD 4wd Tradesman 60" CA, Crew cab with 173.4" wheelbase, 19,000 lb GVWR with 26,000 lb GCWR, Cummins I6 6.7 liter diesel with chassis cab tune 325 hp @ 2800 rpm and 750 ft-lb @ 1700 rpm, Aisin AS69RC 6-speed automatic, Borg Warner 44-47 manual transfer case, 14.5k lb Dana S14-111L limited slip and 7250 lb Magna Steyr 275mm with 4.44 ratios, Palfinger Badger low sill flat bed, Dual DeeZee 36x18x18 under bed boxes, Quad DeeZee 48x18x18 above bed boxes, Curt Double Lock 30K lb gooseneck, Dual 3/4" horse stall mats, SuperHitch Magnum 30K dual receiver with 42" SuperTruss, Upper StableLoads, Short range FastGun turnbuckles, 10 Deka 24HR3000 sealed batteries

2018 Host Mammoth 11.5, Polarized dual pane windows, Powered and lit awning, 6-stair Revolution GlowSteps, Swing out Rieco-Titan jacks, Fantastic Fan in cab over, Aero-Flo vent covers, 3x160w Zamp Solar with 30A controller, External 24" TV with DVD, Cargo slide tray, dual 6-volt batteries, 2.5KW LPG Onan, External LPG connection, 2-way water heater, Therford 3-burner cook top, Convection/Microwave, 8 cu ft 2-way Norcold Fridge, Loveseat with foot rest, U-shaped dinette, 1000W PSW Zamp inverter, King Jack amplified OTA antenna, 40" Samsung UN40J5200 smart TV in living room, Electric heater fireplace, Accordion bedroom door, Full wall passenger-side cab over wardrobe, 32" Samsung UN32J5205 smart TV in Bedroom

#48 OFFLINE   Harried Harry

Harried Harry

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 414 posts
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Interests:Camping, traveling, reading, geocaching, fishing (new effort), gardening, DIY stuff, farming pecans, meeting people.
  • Camper Brand:Lance 915 mfg in October 2007.
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Laramie LB w/6.7 CTD; Torklift; Happijac ties, Hellwig Big Wig; Rancho 9000LX, Bullet liner, Husky goose-neck
  • Name (Public):Harry

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

Good job, Pete. I'm glad you were able to enlighten them as to alternative ways to "go RV'ing".

#49 OFFLINE   Rick1985

Rick1985

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

I figured I would give this a few weeks before I said anything.

See below for the response I got from Camping World and following that is a post I put in RV net to Mr. Lemonis about HIS fantastic little private club. Any bets I don't get the courtesty of a reply? They DID just send me the paperwork to fill out and PAY for roadside assistance though! I thnk I will pass on that. I called before and I could not get a single person to put ANYTHING in writing saying a T/C would be covered. They would TELL me it was but nothing in writing.

RE: Online Email Request -- Presidents Office (#6179-312392624-8749)

We are sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with our Lakewood location. Your comments are sincerely appreciated and will be shared with our regional management team so that follow up can take place.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Camping World Customer Care

This was dated Sep. 4th, and I have received nothing since. Do not figure I will either. It is a shame, I joined Good Sam because my father belonged in the mid 60's and it was a nice club back then. Now it is something that is geared towards people with megadollar fivers and class A's. As soon as they see or here you have a truck camper the noses go up and you are given the cold shoulder. I can assure you I will never go into that store again and most likely any other Camping World if they are all like that. They even told a customer waiting for a RV to be repaired that she had to get water from a vending machine! You have GOT to be kidding!!!! I got burned by this store one time before and I said I would not go back but for some reason I did. I wrote to you back then also and you did not reply to me then either. This time will tell whether you care about T/C's or not.

Rick.

#50 OFFLINE   Tillerman

Tillerman

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 425 posts
  • State/Province or Region:B.C.
  • Interests:Kayaking, Dragonboating, Fishing, Camping, Gardening and of course, wine making too!
  • Camper Brand:2007 Snowbird 9'6 Superslide
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F350 7.3 SC 4X4
  • Name (Public):Tillerman

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

We have Good Sam Emergency Road Service and have been very happy with their response. I think I am on my 4th year now, and I am still ahead by over $900 overall.

On two occasions now we have gone into Good Sam RV Parks and been welcomed and given the 10% off for showing our Road Service Card.

And we are not Good Sam Camping Club members either.

Mike

#51 OFFLINE   Rick1985

Rick1985

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

OK, Got several replys and pms from Wes Robinson last night and a phone call today promising to make evrything right by me with Camping World. I told him that as far as I was concerned I was done with them and my letters were meant as a warning to others. He extended my membership for a year and told me he will have the store contact me. I don't know what he expects them to do, tell me they are sorry for treating me like a commoner? :sign0020: I have absolutely no intention of ever going back there. He did contact me though so I have to give kudos there. What I do not agree with is the fact that it took a post on a forum that I now realize is probably owned by Marcus lemonis. He promptly closed the post after "resolving" my issue. That is why there are no complaints on there about Good Sam or Camping World there anymore. So be it.

I have thought about the roadside assistance since AAA left me on the road the last time I broke down. How long do they take to respond to a call and do they have dedicated towers as does AAA or do they just call Joe Local and have him come get you?

#52 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:40 PM

Rick 1985
Does the AAA have different pricing for more membership options.
The BCAA up here which are tied into the AAA down in the States, has a RV plus membership which claims to tow an RV either 2 or 3 hundred miles.
A fellow at work with the basic coverage could not even get his 125cc motorcycle picked up after a break down.
I guess with all contracts you have to read the fine print.
So far at the Burlington Camping World where i buy some rv things, I have been treated okay, but I have not have to get anything serviced yet.
We on occasion stay over night for free, on the way through.
With your posting it makes us aware what to look out for, and hopefully that dealer will treat all customers the same in the future.
Rick

#53 OFFLINE   donlu

donlu

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 119 posts
  • State/Province or Region:FL
  • Interests:Fishing, Kayaking, off roading and seeing new places.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Eagle Cap 995
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F-350 SD Dually Turbo Diesal
  • Name (Public):Don & Lucy

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

OK, Got several replys and pms from Wes Robinson last night and a phone call today promising to make evrything right by me with Camping World. I told him that as far as I was concerned I was done with them and my letters were meant as a warning to others. He extended my membership for a year and told me he will have the store contact me. I don't know what he expects them to do, tell me they are sorry for treating me like a commoner? :sign0020: I have absolutely no intention of ever going back there. He did contact me though so I have to give kudos there. What I do not agree with is the fact that it took a post on a forum that I now realize is probably owned by Marcus lemonis. He promptly closed the post after "resolving" my issue. That is why there are no complaints on there about Good Sam or Camping World there anymore. So be it.

I have thought about the roadside assistance since AAA left me on the road the last time I broke down. How long do they take to respond to a call and do they have dedicated towers as does AAA or do they just call Joe Local and have him come get you?

April 2011 we broke down and needed towing. Having AAA Plus RV, we called them and a local was dispatched. We learned the hard way of the wrong way to be towed and our camper was totalled by an inexperienced towing company. We now have Good Sam Roadside service and have yet needed to call them. Did have a problem regarding Good Sam insurance full replacement coverage for RV's not covering TC's, but their policy was changed within 72 hours of sending Mr. Lemonis an email regarding our feelings of discrimination. Fortunately for us, we have not needed to either file a damage claim with our new insurance policy nor with needing towing service. We have not had the same problems with being treated differently in any of the Camping World stores...

#54 OFFLINE   Oliver

Oliver

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 487 posts
  • State/Province or Region:NY
  • Camper Brand:'92 Sunline 951, reblt in 2009, '11 Edge M21 TT
  • Truck Make & Model:'04 Silverado 2500HD 8.1L, 5-spd. Allison, 4.11 rearend 4X4 Longbed

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Camping World stores get mixed reviews, at best. I can't say I have been treated poorly as a regular thing, but some of their people have left me with the feeling that, if I don't want to buy a diesel pusher for $300K, they really don't care to talk to me. It may be just an individual here and there, because other folks I have encountered there couldn't be nicer. Still, it mars their image when it happens, and when I need somrthing for either of my campers, they sure aren't my first stop!

#55 OFFLINE   sugarhillctd

sugarhillctd

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • State/Province or Region:New Hampshire
  • Interests:Cycling- road, mtb,
    Snowboarding
    Freestyle nordic skiing (skate ski)
    Motorcycles
  • Camper Brand:2013 Eagle Cap 850
  • Truck Make & Model:2012 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 crew
  • Name (Public):John & Cathy

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Near us there is a new Camping World in Conway, N.H. They bought out an existing independent RV dealer, Traffords RV.

So far they couldn't be more friendly and are very helpful. Well stocked store too.

We will have to see if they stay this way.

BTW, staying with the original thread- I seem to remember an article in an RV magazine (?) about this couple who had a couple hundred thousand invested in their beautiful, huge "super C". They were denied entry into a very upscale RV park because their RV didn't have a flat front- yep, only Class A and diesel pushers allowed. Well excuse me.

John & Cathy
2013 Eagle Cap 850
2012 Chevy 2500HD sb crewcab 4x4
1992 BMW K100RS

#56 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1758 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

There is a resort I was reading about which is Class A only and you must be at least 36 feet long to get in.
They even discriminate against short class As.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In