OK............did some more work today, the weather is nice and the back is doing pretty good. Awhile back I removed 90% of the tin that was on the back to make sure that there wasnt any more rot that needed to be taken care of. So today I started to paint and reinstall the tin back on the TC. All I have to say is CHEESSIE......VERY CHEESSIE!!! So Here I'm plugging along puttin the tin back on when I notice that the seems are NOT lining up with the sides! :M So I end up havint to removing all the tin that I just installed and here is why. In the name of CHEAP!!!! instead of sliding the tin into the slot the 3/8 of an inch as it was designed, they only slide 1/8 of an inch into the slot to save a grand total of 3 1/2 inches of tin on the TC, that didnt have to be used...........wow BIG savings. CHEESIE...VERY CHEESIE! OK that rant is over, I guess sometime in the future I may have to fix it....or not, we'll see.
So I cut the rotted plywood and framework on the drivers side today and started to replace/rebuild the lower corner...progress so far.
Oh yea........a pic of the back with the painted tins on it. I have to finish the repair on the drivers side before I put the tail light tin back on. The piece of tin that was on the bottom was REALLY torn up and ripped badly ao that is going to be replaced with diamond plate when I'm finished. I take the door on and off when I work on it, its pretty light and I hold it on with 4 screws when its in place.