• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Local time: 04:32 AM
  • State/Province or Region:VA
  • Interests:boating trains amateur radio
  • Camper Brand:Fleetwood
  • Truck Make & Model:'05 3500 chevy

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

My '03 Fleetwood Elkhorn has an upper bunk above the dinette for a child. It does not have a net or anything at all really to keep the child from crashing to the floor. Where could I buy a safety net? I've seen them advertised as options for Lance and Okanagan campers. I'm sure others sell them. I don't know if they would be the right dimensions or how to order them without ordering a camper. I need a net approximately 17" by 72". Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

#2 OFFLINE   Tillerman

Tillerman

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 425 posts
  • Local time: 02:32 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C.
  • Interests:Kayaking, Dragonboating, Fishing, Camping, Gardening and of course, wine making too!
  • Camper Brand:2007 Snowbird 9'6 Superslide
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F350 7.3 SC 4X4
  • Name (Public):Tillerman

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

You can try going to a fabric store and get a stretchy athletic jersey type material. Or just put up a few inches of plywood that fit in slots, or a rod that goes from end to end and has tension on it.

I can't remember what I did years ago, but I can tell you I almost broke my neck hitting the ceiling as I sat up in full alarm when I heard the thump as my son fell out of the upper bunk over the dinette.

We made a bed for him on the floor, and then the overhead vent let in the pouring rain, and he was thumped and totally soaked by morning. Yikes.

#3 OFFLINE   d3500ram

d3500ram

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1495 posts
  • State/Province or Region:.
  • Camper Brand:2008 Northstar Arrow
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Bunks are an option in Northstar campers too. You may be able to get one from their factory.

Jay at 5 Star may have a decent used one in his salvage stock.
2005 Dodge Ram. 3500 diesel, SRW, 4WD, NV-5600, Helwig, 9000XL
2008 NorthStar Arrow

#4 OFFLINE   Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State/Province or Region:MI
  • Camper Brand:Hornet
  • Truck Make & Model:2010 Dodge 3500 Dually

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Years ago I had a Starcraft popup camper. It had a folding tubular "fence". The bottom edge had some legs that would pivot out to tuck under the mattress. When not needed they would fold even with the main fence and simply place under the mattress out of the way. I hope I made that somewhat clear???

#5 OFFLINE   ralphl

ralphl

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1018 posts
  • Local time: 03:32 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NM
  • Interests:Hunting, camping, guns, hunting, fishing, Portabote, travel (for hunting, of course) and reading (about hunting).
  • Camper Brand:S&S Montana
  • Truck Make & Model:97 Ford F-350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Ralph

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:32 AM

My '03 Fleetwood Elkhorn has an upper bunk above the dinette for a child. It does not have a net or anything at all really to keep the child from crashing to the floor. Where could I buy a safety net? I've seen them advertised as options for Lance and Okanagan campers. I'm sure others sell them. I don't know if they would be the right dimensions or how to order them without ordering a camper. I need a net approximately 17" by 72". Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

I have one that I'm planning on taking out of my S&S. I use the upper bunk for storage and the net is just in the way. I'll let you have it for $10 to cover shipping. Problem is, I won't be able to remove it for a couple of weeks. Are you in a hurry?

Laura
Ralph & Laura
The Mutts: Cookie & Mag
The Rig: 1997 7.3L Ford F350 Diesel Dually toting a 9.5 S&S Montana Ponderosa SC with all the goodies, including solar.
Full Banks upgrade. Tork Lift frame mount tiedowns. Rancho 9000 shocks. Airbags. Custom GORILLA Bumper by Northland Fabrication.

#6 OFFLINE   Camptoboat

Camptoboat

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1124 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Washington
  • Interests:Boating in the sun....
  • Camper Brand:2006 Citation Supreme 1050 w/slide
  • Truck Make & Model:1999 Ford F350 crewcab DRW
  • Name (Public):Gary

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:23 AM

I have one that I'm planning on taking out of my S&S. I use the upper bunk for storage and the net is just in the way. I'll let you have it for $10 to cover shipping. Problem is, I won't be able to remove it for a couple of weeks. Are you in a hurry?

Laura

This is one of the benefits of membership and friends!!!

:fing32: ***Members helping Members*** :fing32:

1999 Ford F-350 Crew Cab DRW, synthetic oil every where, Fleetguard Venturi Combo Oil Filter, Auto, BHAF, Edge w/Advantage controller and gauges, CCV MOD, Timbrens, Exhaust brake/TC lock by Sp Diesel , Brite Box (head light control), Coolant filter, Boost fooler (25 PSI max), High pressure cross-over tube, Hayden Ultra-Cool® Transmission Oil Cooler, Digital Trans temp, Magnefine Trans Filter, Ford AIC. Northwest Fords forum, Powerstroke Org.
2006 Citation 1050 rear kitchen, refer & dinette slide (Roy Robinson Marysville, WA.), Laptop and MS Street and Trips w/GPS navigation.
Torklift Fastgunns, Wobbl-Stoppers on front jacks, Dish network, 20� LCD w/DVD TV, Honda EU2000i. Prosine 2000 inverter/charger.
1992 Maxum 19' bowrider

#7 OFFLINE   wirenut

wirenut

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • State/Province or Region:VA
  • Interests:boating trains amateur radio
  • Camper Brand:Fleetwood
  • Truck Make & Model:'05 3500 chevy

Posted 19 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

Laura, Thanks for the offer. I sent you a PM.

#8 OFFLINE   kjvo3n1

kjvo3n1

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 09:32 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Indiana

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

OrganizedObie.com has bunk bed safety nets. Hope this helps!

1137_BunkNet.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In