Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 06:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:wa
  • Camper Brand:2008 SnowRiver 9.6
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Chevy 2500 duramax

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hello all! I'm new to the forum and am hoping you all can help me. I bought a 2008 Snowriver 9.6 camper with a slide out this year. 2nd trip out the slide out makes a large POP and only the wall closest to me will go out. We were camping at the time so I got in and had the wife push the out button while I pushed the slide out manually and it did just fine after I gave it a good start. It came in just fine too, but when I took it home and tried it again it did the same thing.

Im really disapointed about this. I did my research and thought the SnowRivers were supposed to be the best. Anyway I didn't buy it from a dealer and as far as I know SnowRiver no longer exists so what do I do? The guy at Lance warned me about buying a camper form an outfit that is out of business but I laughed on the inside thinking that I wouldn't have anything to worry about since SnowRivers are so well built. I hope a couple of you have had a similar problem and can give me some leads (Me my Wife and my 2 year old are counting on you!).

#2 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • Local time: 08:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'm in Pagosa Springs co...are you close ?? It sounds like it jump the track....If your in the denver area call Jay at five star rv......Tell us where you might be there are other owners of snowriver/snowbird that know how to help you...jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#3 OFFLINE   kindofabigdeal

kindofabigdeal

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm in Yakima Washington (central wa) kind of a ways away from Denver. Any way to get it back on the track? It will go out fine if I give the one side a shove while the wife pushes the out button and it will come in fine w/o any help. It just has a hard time starting on that one side then it gets all out of wack and i have to suck it back in before I break something else. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Justin

#4 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:01 PM

Justin, i just sent you a msg with a phone nr...jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#5 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts
  • Local time: 07:03 AM
  • Camper Brand:2004 SnowRiver 9'6
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F250 PSD 4x4 XLT
  • Name (Public):George

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Justin I send you a couple of messages. I think I can help with your problem.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON
Proud Grandparent of a US MARINE

#6 OFFLINE   kindofabigdeal

kindofabigdeal

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for your quick replies! I got your PM and will be calling Geo this weekend for some help. This is an awesome forum!

#7 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

You also need to see what type of slide it is, if the rails are silver, It is a SR slide mechanism, if it is gold it is a powergear. A few 2008's had Powergears. If so that same mechanism is used on a number of brands. If it is the SR mechanism, it can be easily adjusted. Lucky at Midtown RV in Penticton may be able to help you out as may Jay at 5 Star in Colorado over the phone.

If it is the silver one, there is a good chance the adjuster bolt under the carpet (carpet is screwed down) in the storage cabinet above, has come loose. This happened on mine shortly after i bought it. In my case it was a flat lock washer. It can be a bit tricky to adjust it to the correct position and you have to be careful not to bridge it to the side of the camper as it is hot with 12 V for the slide lights. best to pull the fusee for those first. There are 2 adjusters for each rail, one at the outside edge and the other under the front of the bench seat or inner command seat if you have those. They move the side bar up & down so it meshes correctly with the drive cog. The bolts are in pairs, one hold the gear rack in place, the other is the adjuster, be careful you have the correct one, it should be fairly obvious, especially if it is loose.

Since you are in Yakima, you are nto overly far from penticton (north of Omak). It might pay you to take a trip to Midtown in penticton and have Lucky look at it and instruct you on adjusting it. he and a couple of ex SR employees work there. lucky was the most competent and knows this brand inside out. See www.midtownrv.com. They also have access to parts.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#8 OFFLINE   wthattny

wthattny

Former Director

• NATCOA Members
  • 428 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CO
  • Camper Brand:Host
  • Truck Make & Model:Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4
  • Name (Public):Bill

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

You guys are great to help out like that.

2006 Host Ranier 9.5 2005

Silverado 2500, Duramax, 4x4, SRW, CC, LB, AFE air intake 

Rickson 19.5 steel wheels

Michelin 245R70/19.5 XDS2

Torklift Fastguns, Superhitch, SuperTruss, Supersprings

Rancho 9000 shocks

Federico (Hellwig) sway bars

Firestone Ride Rites

Onan Camp Power LP 2500W

Go Power 1000W inverter

Powerfilm 60W solar panel

The Rig 2011

Proud father of a U.S.A.F. Staff Sgt and a Biomedical Engineer.

#9 OFFLINE   Motor7

Motor7

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Local time: 09:03 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Tennessee
  • Camper Brand:2000 Lance 1130 (The Beast)
  • Truck Make & Model:'03 Chevy, 3500, D-max,ext cab, dually, flatbed

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

You also need to see what type of slide it is, if the rails are silver, It is a SR slide mechanism, if it is gold it is a powergear. A few 2008's had Powergears. If so that same mechanism is used on a number of brands. If it is the SR mechanism, it can be easily adjusted. Lucky at Midtown RV in Penticton may be able to help you out as may Jay at 5 Star in Colorado over the phone.

If it is the silver one, there is a good chance the adjuster bolt under the carpet (carpet is screwed down) in the storage cabinet above, has come loose. This happened on mine shortly after i bought it. In my case it was a flat lock washer. It can be a bit tricky to adjust it to the correct position and you have to be careful not to bridge it to the side of the camper as it is hot with 12 V for the slide lights. best to pull the fusee for those first. There are 2 adjusters for each rail, one at the outside edge and the other under the front of the bench seat or inner command seat if you have those. They move the side bar up & down so it meshes correctly with the drive cog. The bolts are in pairs, one hold the gear rack in place, the other is the adjuster, be careful you have the correct one, it should be fairly obvious, especially if it is loose.

Since you are in Yakima, you are nto overly far from penticton (north of Omak). It might pay you to take a trip to Midtown in penticton and have Lucky look at it and instruct you on adjusting it. he and a couple of ex SR employees work there. lucky was the most competent and knows this brand inside out. See www.midtownrv.com. They also have access to parts.

Paul, I'm impressed. That is one of the most comprhensive answers I've seen to a question posted here.... :fing32:

Now.....What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

RD

#10 OFFLINE   d3500ram

d3500ram

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1495 posts
  • State/Province or Region:.
  • Camper Brand:2008 Northstar Arrow
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Now.....What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?...

African or European?
2005 Dodge Ram. 3500 diesel, SRW, 4WD, NV-5600, Helwig, 9000XL
2008 NorthStar Arrow

#11 OFFLINE   tate

tate

Tate

• Admin (non-root)
  • 2399 posts
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Family first, Camping, Taking photos, Computers
  • Camper Brand:990 Artic Fox
  • Truck Make & Model:Dodge 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Paul & Kathy

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Paul, I'm impressed. That is one of the most comprhensive answers I've seen to a question posted here.... Posted Image

Now.....What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

RD

It depends on whether you are talking about an African or European swallow.

The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour*, beating its wings 7-9 times per second (rather than 43). But please note that a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut.

*Based upon published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study gives an estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour.

2003 Dodge 4X4 DRW Cummins, 2015 Artic Fox 990, Tork Lift Tie downs, Fastguns, SuperHitch, Firestone Air Bags, Rancho 9000x,Bodiak front end receiver, Honda EU2000, 15' Boston Whaler Classic,
Evenrude e-tec 50, Western WA. e-mail pktate@frontier.com
Famous Last Words: 'HOLD MY BEER....AND WATCH THIS'

#12 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

LOL

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#13 OFFLINE   kindofabigdeal

kindofabigdeal

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:59 PM

UPDATE! Ok I called up xnorp last night and he told me how to adjust the rails, very helpful! Tried it this afternoon and it worked like a charm! You dont know how stoked I was when it ran in and out better than when I first purchased it. PIGPEN got it spot on however I didn't read his post till just now. There were 6 bolts on each slide 3 on one side 3 on the other where the middle one had a bolt and a lock nut that needed to be tightned down. I took xnorps advise and tightned it pretty tight then backed it off a touch. I ALMOST ripped the carpet up before I noticed it was bolted down (I would have thought it was just stapled but its nice to be able to bolt and unbolt the carpet for just such an occasion) In my book that does speak to the quality of the SnowRiver.

I did notice a spark at one point as my wrench touched a bolt and I thought I was imagining things however reading PIGPENS post makes me think I must have shorted something. I'll have to check all the lights now.

As far as tightening the bolts can you get them too tight and break something? Like I said I did back them off a little but they did tighten down a lot. I even tightened the outer bolts which I think you said was for the gear racks, is that something I should have left alone?

Anyway you guys are AWESOME! Thank god for the internet and friendly people. I am now proud of my RV once again. I'll keep reading the forums, xnorp told me about the RV get together on the north cascade highway in early october that sounds like fun. I'm trying to talk the wife into it, hopefully I can meet some of you there.

#14 OFFLINE   canyonwren

canyonwren

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Idaho
  • Interests:Traveling, TC Camping, Whitewater Rafting, Geocaching, Flyfishing, Bike Riding, Recumbent Riding, Hashing, and just plain having fun!
  • Camper Brand:Snowriver 9' 6" Super-Slide
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge 3500HD

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:59 AM

UPDATE! Ok I called up xnorp last night and he told me how to adjust the rails, very helpful! Tried it this afternoon and it worked like a charm! You dont know how stoked I was when it ran in and out better than when I first purchased it. PIGPEN got it spot on however I didn't read his post till just now. There were 6 bolts on each slide 3 on one side 3 on the other where the middle one had a bolt and a lock nut that needed to be tightned down. I took xnorps advise and tightned it pretty tight then backed it off a touch. I ALMOST ripped the carpet up before I noticed it was bolted down (I would have thought it was just stapled but its nice to be able to bolt and unbolt the carpet for just such an occasion) In my book that does speak to the quality of the SnowRiver.

I did notice a spark at one point as my wrench touched a bolt and I thought I was imagining things however reading PIGPENS post makes me think I must have shorted something. I'll have to check all the lights now.

As far as tightening the bolts can you get them too tight and break something? Like I said I did back them off a little but they did tighten down a lot. I even tightened the outer bolts which I think you said was for the gear racks, is that something I should have left alone?

Anyway you guys are AWESOME! Thank god for the internet and friendly people. I am now proud of my RV once again. I'll keep reading the forums, xnorp told me about the RV get together on the north cascade highway in early october that sounds like fun. I'm trying to talk the wife into it, hopefully I can meet some of you there.

Glad everything is working out. Yes, these guys know their Snow Rivers, and you did get a very good camper! Keep following the forum and you will pick up some great tips. Good luck and happy camping.
Canyonwren
Post Falls, Idaho
I am retired from North Idaho College.

2005 Dodge 1 Ton, Long bed, SRW (Air Bags, Supersprings & Rancho 9000 shocks, Rickson 19.5 Wheels).
Snowriver 9' 6" Super-Slide, Progressive Dynamics PD9130, 30 amp power converter, Kyocera KC-130, 130 Watt Solar Panels, Solar Boost 2512i from Blue Sky with the IPN-Remote display.

Canyonwren Travels

#15 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:10 AM

Glad to be able to help. Pigpen did say about the power through the slide and I forgot to tell you about that. I am sure all is ok. Have to thank Sooty1234 for calling me and reinforcing my adjustment thoughts. Now Join NATCOA and come on the North Cascade Fall Colors with us. Your wife will have a ball and your little guy will have more attention than he will know what to do with. And you will learn more than you ever wanted to know about campers. Again happy camping.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON

#16 OFFLINE   Lockport

Lockport

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time: 10:03 AM
  • Camper Brand:2000 Snowriver 810
  • Truck Make & Model:2000 F350 Ford Super Duty
  • Name (Public):Linda Baker

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:38 AM

Good afternoon:

We were just trying to figure out how to adjust our slide out, on a 2000 8-foot. It is rubbing on the bottom of the opening enough to have some metal shavings in there. I tried to call Midtown yesterday, as advised on this forum, but got a recording to leave a message-and haven't heard back. I was thinking, that maybe someone here could explain where the adjustment is in our camper, and my husband can just fix it. Or maybe we shouldn't worry about it (I think we should). This has been going on since we owned the camper, but have not been able to get my husband home long enough to call Lucky for advice. Yesterday was the very first time he was actually available.

Any hints would be good, or maybe an idea if this is a major repair, or what.

Thanks all.

#17 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Linda I sent you a email with the information I have. Good luck. And I am sure Lucky can give you more information.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON

#18 OFFLINE   Lockport

Lockport

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Linda I sent you a email with the information I have. Good luck. And I am sure Lucky can give you more information.
xnorp

Hey thanks for the reply-however, for some reason it did not come through to me. Could you give it another try-Thanks!! I did send myself a test e-mail from NATCOA to the account I have registered, and that made it, but not yours. Who knows?

#19 OFFLINE   xnorp

xnorp

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 3353 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

Was my fault I put the wrong email address. I resent it. Let me know if you get it this time.
xnorp
SPOKANE WASHINGTON

#20 OFFLINE   Lockport

Lockport

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Was my fault I put the wrong email address. I resent it. Let me know if you get it this time.
xnorp

Thank you-I got it just now. Our IT guys like to take incoming e-mails and soak them in oil for awhile, just to make sure we are secure-that's why it takes so long for them to get through. Thanks again--I will look at this when I get home. Also, our son is a former marine and is now an undercover narcotics officer. Thanks so much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In