Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM
  • Camper Brand:OKANAGAN 117 DBL
  • Truck Make & Model:'08 Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 6.4L
  • Name (Public):Bob

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

Here is the message I received from Camper Outlet in Oregon... "Eric: you'll see a lot of Xmases before you see an 1165; Eagle Cap closed their doors last week. If you want a quality Triple Slide camper, Chalet is the best. Give us a call at (800)213-6799. Thanks again, Fred and Don / Camper Outlet

Check this out. http://www.truckcamp...le-cap-campers/
'08 Ford F350 Lariet CC 4x4 Dually 6.4L 62 Gal fuel tank
'07 Okanagan 117dbl Dual slide, rear sofa, 64gal fresh water, 3.6KW generator

#22 OFFLINE   RichConley

RichConley

Village idiot

• Moderators
  • 2125 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM
  • State/Province or Region:WA
  • Interests:Travel - photography
  • Camper Brand:2014 Lance 1181
  • Truck Make & Model:2015 F350 dually diesel
  • Name (Public):Invisible

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

Here is the message I received from Camper Outlet in Oregon... "Eric: you'll see a lot of Xmases before you see an 1165; Eagle Cap closed their doors last week. If you want a quality Triple Slide camper, Chalet is the best. Give us a call at (800)213-6799. Thanks again, Fred and Don / Camper Outlet

Sounds like typical deceptive sale talk.
Eagle Cap Campers is doing well and still within family ownership - although doors were closed for inventory.
ECC is moving their physical plant up to the Adventurer facility in Yakima, WA.
This is nothing but GOOD for Eagle Cap Campers.
I hope to see more of the best from them.

#23 OFFLINE   U.F.O.

U.F.O.

Poster

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Local time: 10:57 AM
  • State/Province or Region:ontario
  • Camper Brand:2009 eagle cap 950
  • Truck Make & Model:1997 F-350 SC PS Dually, 1994 F-250 4x4 diesel, 1987ford dually diesel.

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Eagle Cap Campers is doing well and still within family ownership - although doors were closed for inventory.
This is nothing but GOOD for Eagle Cap Campers.
I hope to see more of the best from them.

That is great news, love my eagle cap!

#24 OFFLINE   rskeans

rskeans

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Camper Brand:OKANAGAN 117 DBL
  • Truck Make & Model:'08 Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 6.4L
  • Name (Public):Bob

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

Humm. That is not exactly what Truck Camper Magnazine said in the above link. They are saying that Eagle Cap was Sold to Adventurer and moving the Eagle Cap production line along side with the Adventurer line. Non the less, the Eagle Cap brand will continue.
'08 Ford F350 Lariet CC 4x4 Dually 6.4L 62 Gal fuel tank
'07 Okanagan 117dbl Dual slide, rear sofa, 64gal fresh water, 3.6KW generator

#25 OFFLINE   Newtc

Newtc

Poster

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM
  • State/Province or Region:OR
  • Camper Brand:Chalet DS-116RB
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F450 Lariat
  • Name (Public):Greg & Barb

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

We've had several short outings now since purchasing our Chalet DS-116RB. RB = Rear bath so we can get to the bath without moving the slides. I think all of the TS models have the bath in the front?

The bathroom does have a curved wall so we are trying to figure out how to hang more towels. What are the COMMAND HOOKS? And are they strong enough hold a wet bath towel? the DS-116 has 4-5 hooks just inside the door where the couch is on the TS, and a little stool with storage to sit and take your shoes off. We really like that feature.

Ours does have a stove hood with fan/light. I'm not sure about the venting though...will check next time I pick it up. (we have to store it about 15 miles from our house)

We've really loved every minute that we've spent in it. Chalet has been incredible in fixing everything we've asked them to. We're fortunate in living in Portland which is just a bit over an hour from the factory in Albany. For the person who visited Everest in Bend, you were a little over two hours from the Chalet factory -just over the mountains to the West. Gary the GM personally met us on a day when the factory was closed with a couple of guys to take care of our list of things few weeks after we bought it. They took care of every item on our list, no questions asked...and even added a feature on the newer units adding a valve and hose to the water line allowing us to use the water pump to circulate anti-freeze to winterize.

It is a bit on the heavy side with the options. We found a used F-450 though in great shape so we should be good if we don't go too crazy and max out on water and supplies. We did add a 4x8 1 inch stall mat which really helped dampen the rocking, but also added about 120-130 lbs. I like the ride better though so will keep it. We needed extra clearance above the cab top lights.

We're brand new to the TC world so have a lot to learn, but so far...this is the life for us! We've tent camped our whole lives and love that we can extend our reach and our season. We're headed out again in a couple of weeks. :-)
2008 F 450 Lariat
Firestone Ride-Rites
Continental 19.5 G
Chalet DS-116RB

#26 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Humm. That is not exactly what Truck Camper Magnazine said in the above link. They are saying that Eagle Cap was Sold to Adventurer and moving the Eagle Cap production line along side with the Adventurer line. Non the less, the Eagle Cap brand will continue.

Still in the family. Chris Epp owned Eagle Cap, his brother James owns Adventurer. Some earlier EC's were not great, they improved considerably when Chris Epp took them over, I suspect they will improve further now.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#27 OFFLINE   borregoman

borregoman

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • State/Province or Region:CA

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

My gal and I were able to visit Camper Outlet outside Portland Oregon to look a the TS-116 triple slide, we then headed south to Albany Oregon to the Chalet factory to see the double slide rear bath kitchen island model and meet Gary Hubbard, GM for Chalet Truck Campers and get a tour of the factory.

The experience at Camper Outlet was outstanding, the sales staff was very informed helpful. The TS-116 is in a word INCREDIBLE. I have seen all the major brands and have not ever seen the attention to electrical and plumbing detail such as what I saw in the Chalet. They have made modifications as they have received input from previous owners and discovered improvements of their own along the way.

Gary was a great guy to give the factory tour, the Chalet Truck Camper is HIS baby....he is hands on in it's production. I was impressed with the factory and all the aluminum framing and Styrofoam insulation throughout. All the weight in these units are in the incredibly strong floor and the slides. The floor has to be solid/stiff so the slides will operate with no issues.

Yes these units are heavy, but the Chevy 3500 1 ton dually is rated to over 5,150 lbs and this wet should be well under that. You might need to go to a 450 Dodge or Ford to get that same CCC.

Yes they are expensive, but in this case you get what you pay for and if you want the luxuries that you can get in this unit, some that are comparable to any trailer or 5'ver then you can certainly justify the cost.

I hope to be driving one sometime next year!!!

#28 OFFLINE   kerry4951

kerry4951

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Pa.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Arctic Fox 1140
  • Truck Make & Model:2009 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
  • Name (Public):Kerry

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:47 AM

Great open-ness and plenty of room if you want to dance. so far I'm not impressed with any of the triple slides bedroom storage. They would have to increase storage in that area before I would consider one. Since they are already heavy, more storage in that area wouldn't make much difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In