• 1124 posts
  • Local time: 01:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Washington
  • Interests:Boating in the sun....
  • Camper Brand:2006 Citation Supreme 1050 w/slide
  • Truck Make & Model:1999 Ford F350 crewcab DRW
  • Name (Public):Gary

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

Well I said that I would come up with a step by step guide to planning a Rally/Caravan. And here it is, but it is still a work in progress so be kind with your constructive comments. Feel free to send me a message with any comment or questions.

So no excuses get out their NATCOA friends and camp on.

HOW TO PLAN A NATCOA CAMPING EVENT

1. A year to 9 months out
a. Think about where you want to camp at.
b. What is there to do there? Is there a local event or something to visit?
c. Is there a group site? (We are love to be grouped together)
d. Find out what’s need to reserve the group site or a group of single sites.
e. What date? Is there any Holidays American or Canadian connected to your dates?
f. Is there a place to hold a potluck? This clubs loves to do is eat good food together.
2. 9 months to 6 months out
a. Post on the forum asking “who’s interested?” Give them the, what when and where.
b. A lot are concerned about the cost per night camping and is a campfire allowed.
c. Give them a deadline to post if their interested.
3. 6 months to1 month out
a. Reserve the campsites for the committed campers. Tell the campground each camper will pay their balance upon arrival. There will always be late comers; I try to get them in, even if they are not camping next to the group.
b. Depending on how much money is needed to reserve need campsites, I collect a deposit from committed campers and reserve the sites. Post the balance due amount on the forum.
c. Let the NATCOA BOD know of your intent to put on a rally or caravan so you receive your club support. (Contact Treasure currently Dan Quinn)
d. Start a potluck signup sheet on the forum, Create a theme. Everyone has their special food item they like to make.
4. 1 month to the day of the event
a. Stay in touch with the camp ground and check they have an accurate number of site reserved.
b. Use your club support and put together the drawing prizes. I like to keep a local theme to the gifts. To support your area. We have used gift bags. Do not be afraid to ask for donations too.
c. On the first night you will need to announce the time and place of the potluck to the group.

02/13/2010 1st draft A work in progress project to help my TC friends.
Gary aka Camptoboat
1999 Ford F-350 Crew Cab DRW, synthetic oil every where, Fleetguard Venturi Combo Oil Filter, Auto, BHAF, Edge w/Advantage controller and gauges, CCV MOD, Timbrens, Exhaust brake/TC lock by Sp Diesel , Brite Box (head light control), Coolant filter, Boost fooler (25 PSI max), High pressure cross-over tube, Hayden Ultra-Cool® Transmission Oil Cooler, Digital Trans temp, Magnefine Trans Filter, Ford AIC. Northwest Fords forum, Powerstroke Org.
2006 Citation 1050 rear kitchen, refer & dinette slide (Roy Robinson Marysville, WA.), Laptop and MS Street and Trips w/GPS navigation.
Torklift Fastgunns, Wobbl-Stoppers on front jacks, Dish network, 20� LCD w/DVD TV, Honda EU2000i. Prosine 2000 inverter/charger.
1992 Maxum 19' bowrider

#2 OFFLINE   jimd40

jimd40

Past President/Founding Member

• Founder
  • 1500 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:co
  • Interests:.
  • Truck Make & Model:2006 dodge dsl 4x4 quad cab long bed

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:07 PM

Gary Thanks for your Hard work putting this together......Jim

2006 snowriver 8'10" ....2006 dodge quad cab 4x4 dsl auto . . 2006 jeep grand cherokee limited 4x4 jim ..nancy..& ( a shitsu named heiko )

#3 OFFLINE   Matthew_B

Matthew_B

XYZ

• Members
  • 525 posts
  • State/Province or Region:AK
  • Name (Public):Not here anymore

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

So is anyone interested in a Washington high cascade caravan?

The idea would be the same as the Oregon caravan posted over on RV.net

http://www.rv.net/fo...id/22153525.cfm

Washington lacks N/S highways in the mountains north of Rainer Ntl Park, so the trip would have a lot more back and forth.

What I'm kicking around is going between Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Adams, though Rainer Ntl Park, Stampede Pass, back across Steven's pass, Mountain Loop highway to Concrete and then back across on 20.

I'm thinking of sometime in mid to late August.

#4 OFFLINE   PigPen

PigPen

Founder-Director-IT Admin-Corperate Relations- Root Forum Admin

• Admin
  • 12473 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2014 Snowriver 234RBS TT
  • Truck Make & Model:2007 Dodge Diesel 5.9 Laramie SB
  • Name (Public):Paul Beddows

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:43 PM

I am game.

2014 Snowriver 234RBS

trailer.JPG

#5 OFFLINE   Don Kingfield

Don Kingfield

Tenderfoot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 04:19 AM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Truck camper magazine ran a good article on this subject: http://www.truckcamp...ck-camper-rally

#6 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts
  • Local time: 02:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

If the organizer(s) create a 'volunteer' list ahead of time, they will not have to try to do so many things themselves.  

Examples:

Registration table/Checkin table near the front office, volunteer shifts with someone always there to hand out packets, etc.

Pot luck dinner.   Need x volunteers to arrive at xx p.m.

Campfire, create a few volunteer positions for that. 

Raffle, create some volunteer positions for that.

Parting breakfast, etc.

Caravan, have someone designated the lead and the follower RV.

Volunteer Photographer

Information volunteer, to get proper names/addresses/emails/phone numbers of all guests.

#7 OFFLINE   the tc life

the tc life

NATCOA President / Rally Cordinator / 2015 Rally Committee

• Admin (non-root)
  • 3686 posts
  • Local time: 12:19 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Wa
  • Interests:Camping duh...oh, also hiking, geocaching, bike riding, fishing, just enjoying the outdoors and of course...spending time with my wife and son.
  • Camper Brand:2010 Adventurer 810ws
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 Dodge Dually Cummins power
  • Name (Public):Rich

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

I have found that people ask what they can do to help during the rally. I have taken some up on the offer. i guess i expect my wife and i to do the work as the host to a rally. preplanning to have things laid out makes it less confusing and pretty relaxed for the host. i spend a ton of time getting things laid out before the rally happens. i found that having an information sheet in a welcome bag showing the plans for the rally really helps too. although i have thought about having a dry erase board with the agenda on it too.

i will say this...im happy that all the rigs will be in one close area for the Montana rally this year. i put a lot of miles on walking around the campground to greet everyone who showed up last year.

somethings may be done differently (which i think makes it more variety and good) between rallies but ive never seen anyone having a bad time at one. i know i purposely do some different things with a rally just for that reason. really though, they are all the same....its people getting together and having a great time.

love everyday like you won the lotto.

www.thetclife.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In