3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:04 PM

First of all, I would like to welcome the Torklift "crew" to the forum. Now down to business....... I purchased a set of camper tie-downs for my new rig about a year ago and have noticed an unusual amount of surface rust on all of them. Are the mounts supposed to be powder coated ? Or are they just painted with regular over-the-counter paint ?
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#2 Guest_TorkliftRobin_*

Guest_TorkliftRobin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:45 PM

Bigfoot
We have recently switched from using a two part Marine Grade Epoxy paint (electrostatic application) over to Powder Coat.

It was actually a decision based in part on information we had read on RV.NET.

With the placement of the tie downs being underneath the bed, and suseptible to all types of debris your tires throw at them like road grime, salt, sand and gravel etc., we too, were less than satisfied with the way the epoxy was holding up.

Again, because of the placement of the tie down, and the possibilities of what tires can throw at it, we are not able to offer any guarantees as to the longevity of the surface covering.

#3 OFFLINE   Bigf00t

Bigf00t

Uber Camper

• NATCOA Members
  • 1956 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM
  • State/Province or Region:B.C
  • Interests:Camping........Is there anything else ???
  • Camper Brand:2010 Northern Lite 10.2RR
  • Truck Make & Model:2004 GMC 3500 SRW
  • Name (Public):Ron

Posted 17 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

TorkliftRobin

Thanks for your reply. I was not looking for warranty replacement on the tiedowns, I understand the conditions they have to endure and fully expect them to rust at one point or another, Just not this quickly. I plan to re-coat them with a rock guard material hoping to avoid future corrosion.
<strong class='bbc'>2010 Northern Lite Ten-2000 10.2RR,PD4645 converter upgrade,2x80W Sharp solar panels,stainless FastGuns<br />
2004 GMC 3500 SRW Ext. Cab 4X4 Duramax/Allison,Torklift Tie Downs,Torklift Stable Loads, Racor Pre Filter, Rancho 9000`s, Firestone Air Bags w/ in cab controller<br />
<br />
Pitt Meadows,B.C.</strong><br />
<br />

#4 Guest_TorkliftRobin_*

Guest_TorkliftRobin_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:02 PM

That's a great idea, I have heard of others that have had them coated with Line-X or Rhino. I didn't really think you were looking for warranty replacement, but being who I am, I just HAD to say it ! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In