• Local time: 08:58 AM
  • State/Province or Region:private
  • Camper Brand:none
  • Truck Make & Model:none
  • Name (Public):wildcatrv

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

TRUCK CAMPER OR SMALL FIFTH WHEEL

Newbie with mixed emotions on which way to go. TC or small 5ER;

What better place to ask the advantages of truck camper than a truck camper forum :)

Objective: Travel across North America. Do this in the most convenient, comfortable and cost effective manner.

Time on the road: Four to Eight Weeks.

Current Truck; Ford Super Duty F-250 Lariat Short Box Diesel

Fifth Wheel option: 25 feet; one super slide; Total Dry Weight 6000lbs; 1000lb Pin weight; Allows room in truck bed for extra fuel tank as an option

Truck Camper Option: Something with a slide. Guesstimate 3000lbs

Some of my Thoughts: (Please correct me if I am missing something)

Loading & unloading both 5er & TC pretty much same amount of time and work

Storage issues: Typical length for TC 17ft & 5er 26ft; 5er is 9ft longer;
Triple or double slide Equivelant TC length is 20ft - 23ft; 5er is only 3-6 ft longer

Driving experience: I assume pretty much the same

Stop in an area of interest for 3-7 days: 5er wins hands down – no brainer

Purchase price: TC same or more

5er wins hands down when spending an evening in campground for overall comfort. Recliners or sofa to relax & watch TV

5er wins hands down for sleeping; No need to crouch & stoop to get out of bed

5er wins hands down for bathroom real shower

5er wins hands down for storage and all amenities

Bottom line, my question is why would someone buy a TC instead of a small 5er. Again, what points, information, rational am I missing?

Thank you for all your comments and input

#2 OFFLINE   d3500ram

d3500ram

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1495 posts
  • Local time: 07:58 AM
  • State/Province or Region:.
  • Camper Brand:2008 Northstar Arrow
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins

Posted 13 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Welcome to NATCOA.

You may need to do some suspension upgrades to a 250. A 3K "dry weight" TC could add quite a bit more for water, gear, beer etc...

I have never used a 5iver before, but I would think that it is easier than a TC.

Bottom line, my question is why would someone buy a TC ...
I like the TC for getting into remote areas that a TT or 5iver cannot. There is no registration in my state, hence no yearly taxes. Over all it is less length than a trailer of any kind... getting in and around parking lots is easier. Yes, the other RV's offer more spacious interiors and they are lower to the ground (ease of getting in/ out...) If you are staying solely on roads that offer easy access an do not plan on exploring off road, then perhaps a choice other than a truck camper is better for you.

Also.... TC owners are more friendly than other RV'ers (LOL):lol:

2005 Dodge Ram. 3500 diesel, SRW, 4WD, NV-5600, Helwig, 9000XL
2008 NorthStar Arrow

#3 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 995 posts
  • Local time: 05:58 AM
  • State/Province or Region:NE
  • Interests:Learning as much as I can.
  • Camper Brand:Northstar Laredo
  • Truck Make & Model:GMC 2500

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

Skimming over your post, it appears you are already sold on the 5 er, so just go out and get one and start traveling. If you really want a compact, easy to travel with unit, then get a small hardside TC or pop-up truck camper. if thats the case, then strongly consider the Northstar line, they are probably the best build ones available at the current time.
I have been a tent camper since my Boy Scout days long, long, ago. Now I need to get up off of the cold ground to get a good nights rest, a truck camper seems to be the best choice. I am here to learn as much as I can.

#4 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts
  • State/Province or Region:Louisiana
  • Camper Brand:2004 Lance 1130, custom entrance deck
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Quad 3500 Dually/Cummins
  • Name (Public):Doug, aka Dougie

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

Here's my take on the situation.

First of all, I own both a TC and a 5ver. I live in the 5ver during the week where it stays parked, and we vacation and travel in the T.C.

When planning on a vacation or trip, it takes me only a minute of thinking about pulling the 5ver around the countryside before I put the thought out of my head and decide to take the T.C., practically every time.

Typically, you are NOT going to find a TC with a Slideout that weighs 3000 pounds in 'traveling weight'. Maybe the brouchure will tell you that it weighs 3000, but it will not be your final traveling weight. A double or tripple slide will weigh 4000-5000 pounds. Your truck will not handle that.

If you travel with a 5ver, you can't just 'stop' anywhere. You must 'park' somewhere. You can't gas-up anywhere. You can't pull into a little burger stand, or a little grocery store or gas station. You must seek the appropriate places.

With the 5ver, you'll find yourself looking for a RV park and unhitching, leaving it there for a few days, and doing side-trips in your detached tow vehicle. With the T.C. EVERYWHERE you go is a 'side-trip', and you don't have to unload the camper at all.

With the T.C., you will find yourself taking the roads less traveled; turning around in a farmer's driveway, stopping at the interesting little places, and maneuvering through traffic easily and enjoying a dirt road or two.

As far as room goes, we pretty much live outside of our T.C., and basically sleep and shower in it. When I move my 5ver around, I need to 'store' more loose things from the countertops, the bathroom, the furniture, etc. because we have more room for JUNK!

Your mileage may vary.

#5 OFFLINE   farmer

farmer

Past President

• NATCOA Members
  • 1750 posts
  • State/Province or Region:BC
  • Camper Brand:2003 Bigfoot 30C10.11SL
  • Truck Make & Model:Class 5 2005 Ford F-550 365 cu.in. Powerstroke Diesel4x4 Lariat crewcab 10' flatdeck
  • Name (Public):Rick and Susanne

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

I guess it just depends on what you do on your travels.

A camper will fit in all state parks.

Our longest trips so far has been just over 3 weeks in length.

We don't stay any longer then 3 days in one spot.

We spend as much time as possible outside looking at the sights or attractions.

We have had our current camper 5 years and only used our flat screen TV 3 times, same as the microwave.

If we boon dock, we carry enough water and have enough waste tank capacity for 5 days.

We carry 2 folding bicycles and a motorcycle without a trailer, the motor cycle depending on the type of trip.

We are getting a tandem inflatable kayak for the lakes we see in our travels.

We drive our camper to all sights and attractions and never back track to retrieve the camper or any trailer.

On longer trips we are set up for flat towing a Jeep Wrangler.

Based on your description of your current vehicle and the pros of the 5 er, your most economic choice would be go with the 5 er.

If you have your heart set on relaxing in a recliner and watching TV, you have to get a 5 er, or stay home.

#6 OFFLINE   d3500ram

d3500ram

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1495 posts
  • State/Province or Region:.
  • Camper Brand:2008 Northstar Arrow
  • Truck Make & Model:2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SRW Cummins

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

...If you have your heart set on relaxing in a recliner and watching TV, you have to get a 5 er....

Or look for a Snow River with command seating:

Posted Image
(photo taken from Five Star RV)
2005 Dodge Ram. 3500 diesel, SRW, 4WD, NV-5600, Helwig, 9000XL
2008 NorthStar Arrow

#7 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:47 AM

Welcome to NATCOA.

You may need to do some suspension upgrades to a 250. A 3K "dry weight" TC could add quite a bit more for water, gear, beer etc...

I have never used a 5iver before, but I would think that it is easier than a TC.

Bottom line, my question is why would someone buy a TC ...
I like the TC for getting into remote areas that a TT or 5iver cannot. There is no registration in my state, hence no yearly taxes. Over all it is less length than a trailer of any kind... getting in and around parking lots is easier. Yes, the other RV's offer more spacious interiors and they are lower to the ground (ease of getting in/ out...) If you are staying solely on roads that offer easy access an do not plan on exploring off road, then perhaps a choice other than a truck camper is better for you.

Also.... TC owners are more friendly than other RV'ers (LOL):lol:

#8 OFFLINE   karic

karic

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, camping, woodworking
  • Camper Brand:2009 Snowriver 9.6 "Collectors Edition"
  • Truck Make & Model:2003 F350 Extended Cab V10 Dually
  • Name (Public):2006 SeaRay 215 Weekender

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

"Bottom line, my question is why would someone buy a TC instead of a small 5er."

BOAT! :fing32:

#9 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the input & comments.

Especially like the one about "BOAT" LOL! Great!

My thought about end of day relaxing in recliner was more about the assumption that if I am on the road for 6-8 weeks at a time... that there probably will be days that after driving I am going to want to do that...but no not the intention as a rule..but again appreciate the input.

Today my wife gave me a list..coffee maker, towels, sheets, clothes, shoes, blender, pots, pans, blender, . utensils, plates, cups on & on
looking at the TC floor plan & she says.."so where & do we carry this in a TC?"

I said..same way porcupines make LOVE..very carefully & thoughtfuly

#10 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Just want to say thank you to everyone for all the input & comments.

Especially like the one about "BOAT" LOL! Great!

My thought about end of day relaxing in recliner was more about the assumption that if I am on the road for 6-8 weeks at a time... that there probably will be days that after driving I am going to want to do that...but no not the intention as a rule..but again appreciate the input.

Today my wife gave me a list..coffee maker, towels, sheets, clothes, shoes, blender, pots, pans, blender, . utensils, plates, cups on & on
looking at the TC floor plan & she says.."so where & do we carry this in a TC?"

I said..same way porcupines make LOVE..very carefully & thoughtfuly

About your list....We all have those things on your list in our TC's. We've adapted though. For instance, we carry a nice Wok that rides in the oven of the TC. It's our frying pan, it's our stew pan, it's our soup pot, We boil water in it for coffee sometimes, cook spaghetti in it...It's our TOASTER in the morning (drop-in a slice of bread and flip it with a spatula...Toasted)...and we have a couple of little sauce pans that fit in each other for storage. For BOWLS...I have about 10 of them in varying sizes, but they are all thin, stainless-steel ones that fit together like a stack of paper plates. You see the drill.

When it comes to needing a recliner, a pool, and room to stretch out and chill after a few days on the road, we rent a motel room for the night, and back the camper up in the parking lot, trying to get it close to our motel room's door. We wash clothes in their laundry room, and eat in the restaurant at the hotel or nearby, and watch their big TV's for the night. But, we don't really need to do that very often. The TC is right outside with everything in it.

However, you will discover that most RV places (Especially the State Parks) now have VERY NICE and CLEAN bathroom and showers for the use by guests. I for one, have developed the habit of going to the bath house in the morning while the wife is doing her hair, or taking over the camper for herself. While she's wrapping up things inside, I'm usually out messing with the truck or something, in prep for the day. That's kind of our routine.

When it comes to how far you travel each day, you are going to be surprised. Get TWO HUNDRED MILES in your head as an average figure. We find that although one can put in 400-500 miles in a day in a CAR, we seldom plan on more than accomplishing 200 miles between here and the next place we're going to sleep.

Why don't you plan on driving in your vehicle to the nearest Ralley you can find..and walk around and kick the tires of the TC'ers there. At the same time, yyou can visit others in the park in their travel trailers. EVERYONE will be anxious to show you their place, and give you THEIR advice. Then you can digest all that before making the wrong decision for yourself.

#11 OFFLINE   karic

karic

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, camping, woodworking
  • Camper Brand:2009 Snowriver 9.6 "Collectors Edition"
  • Truck Make & Model:2003 F350 Extended Cab V10 Dually
  • Name (Public):2006 SeaRay 215 Weekender

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Well said, Doug.

Wildcat;

Walking through a sales lot won't help much until you actually decide what you want. Take Doug's advice and look at TC's in campgrounds around your home. People love to share advice and you'll be amazed at how much you can pack into a camper. When we took everything out to sell our old one, we were shocked at the amount of stuff we manage to pack in there..........nice thing about owning your own, is the stuff stays in there.

and don't forget your BOAT! :fing32:

#12 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:35 PM

About your list....We all have those things on your list in our TC's. We've adapted though. For instance, we carry a nice Wok that rides in the oven of the TC. It's our frying pan, it's our stew pan, it's our soup pot, We boil water in it for coffee sometimes, cook spaghetti in it...It's our TOASTER in the morning (drop-in a slice of bread and flip it with a spatula...Toasted)...and we have a couple of little sauce pans that fit in each other for storage. For BOWLS...I have about 10 of them in varying sizes, but they are all thin, stainless-steel ones that fit together like a stack of paper plates. You see the drill.

When it comes to needing a recliner, a pool, and room to stretch out and chill after a few days on the road, we rent a motel room for the night, and back the camper up in the parking lot, trying to get it close to our motel room's door. We wash clothes in their laundry room, and eat in the restaurant at the hotel or nearby, and watch their big TV's for the night. But, we don't really need to do that very often. The TC is right outside with everything in it.

However, you will discover that most RV places (Especially the State Parks) now have VERY NICE and CLEAN bathroom and showers for the use by guests. I for one, have developed the habit of going to the bath house in the morning while the wife is doing her hair, or taking over the camper for herself. While she's wrapping up things inside, I'm usually out messing with the truck or something, in prep for the day. That's kind of our routine.

When it comes to how far you travel each day, you are going to be surprised. Get TWO HUNDRED MILES in your head as an average figure. We find that although one can put in 400-500 miles in a day in a CAR, we seldom plan on more than accomplishing 200 miles between here and the next place we're going to sleep.

Why don't you plan on driving in your vehicle to the nearest Ralley you can find..and walk around and kick the tires of the TC'ers there. At the same time, yyou can visit others in the park in their travel trailers. EVERYONE will be anxious to show you their place, and give you THEIR advice. Then you can digest all that before making the wrong decision for yourself.

#13 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:45 PM

Thanks again!

#14 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:57 PM

#15 OFFLINE   WILDCAT

WILDCAT

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:59 PM

Thanks Doug.. And I gotta say.. You & JoAnn sure look like a sharp couple.. Luv the pics.. Now do ya have any of your TC & truck?

#16 OFFLINE   atchafalaya_man

atchafalaya_man

Grand Potentate

• NATCOA Members
  • 1579 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Thanks Doug.. And I gotta say.. You & JoAnn sure look like a sharp couple.. Luv the pics.. Now do ya have any of your TC & truck?

Hmmm..pictures of the truck camper and the truck. Nope, none of those...But I do have a bunch of my BOAT!!!! (GRIN)

I own an old 1996 year-model-TC, my third I've owned in my life. Everything works on it and it doesn't leak. That's all that matters to me. I'm about to repaint it with automotive paint and clearcoat. It will look new again!

See if you can log onto PhotoBucket at this link. You'll see some of my pics there.

http://s195.photobuc...tchafalaya_man/

#17 OFFLINE   Jerry_In_Dewey_Arizona

Jerry_In_Dewey_Arizona

Jerry_In_Dewey_Arizona

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Local time: 06:58 AM
  • State/Province or Region:Az
  • Interests:Rving, Golf, Photograpy, and of course computers
  • Camper Brand:Formerly A 2004 Lance 1010
  • Truck Make & Model:Formerly A 2001 Ford F250 Superduty, Extended Cab, 2WD, 8FT Bed, V10
  • Name (Public):Jerry

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:47 PM

What better place to ask the advantages of truck camper than a truck camper forum Posted Image

Objective: Travel across North America. Do this in the most convenient, comfortable and cost effective manner.

Fifth Wheel option: 25 feet; one super slide; Total Dry Weight 6000lbs; 1000lb Pin weight; Allows room in truck bed for extra fuel tank as an option

Triple or double slide Equivelant TC length is 20ft - 23ft; 5er is only 3-6 ft longer

5er wins hands down when spending an evening in campground for overall comfort. Recliners or sofa to relax & watch TV

Bottom line, my question is why would someone buy a TC instead of a small 5er. Again, what points, information, rational am I missing?

Hi, been there done that, here are my inputs:

Fifth Wheel option. I had a 27 footer with superslide, pulled it with my f250/v10. Easy to tow and unhitch. Gas mileage terrible, a pain in the ass to backup and park. Once set up comfortable to stay in. In state and county parks, sometimes maneuvering to get situated a pain.

Fiver does have more storage space. I think a bigger camper with slide will not address the storage issue.

I went from the 5th wheel to my Lance 1010. We loved it, problemas we get older, getting in and out of bed becomes a problem.

So here is something to think about. With a TC or 5ver, your gas mileage will be in the 6 to 10 mpg, from my experience.

When we had to trade the lance, we considered maintenance, gas mileage, livability. We wound up with a classb diesel motorhome, 22 feet fully equipped, all steel body, just right for 2 or 3 people and our dog. Ours has a wet bath similiar to truck campers. Gas mileage is 20+ at freeway speeds (65-70mph). We went to this model, because it met our criteria.

Winnebago and other manufacturers are now making motorhomes on the Mercedes chasis in the 24 to class a motorhome size. A 24 foot motorhome on a MB diesel chassis with slide might meet your needs. A side thought is if you want a quality class c motorhome, take a look at Lazydaze.

I have been an rver since 164, have had at least 2 of everything. My favorite is the TC. Next is my Pleasureway Sprinter motorhome.

link to winnebago motorhome http://www.winnebago...ebago/2010/via/
Family health problem, necessitated us to give up our TC and Truck and purchase a 2006 Pleasureway Plateau Class B, 22 foot motorhome, on a Dodge Sprinter with 2.7 diesel engine, fully self contained with Onan gen.

Formerly We had an 01 Ford F250 SuperCab, V10, and 2004 Lance 1010 Camper.

Jerry & Roberta, and Dog Bandit

We will always be TC'ers at heart. Our first TC was a 1964 Siesta Cabover Camper on a 1964 Ford 3/4 Ton Truck.

Retired Boeing, Renton Washington, July 1999

#18 OFFLINE   Swee Pea

Swee Pea

Poster

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Local time: 09:58 AM
  • Truck Make & Model:Ford F150

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:22 AM

I am a newbie myself. My selection of a TC was a pretty simple one. I am a simple guy who likes to keep things simple. I needed to be able to tow - boat at times, motorcycles/trailer at times, or nothing at all - to get into places where towing a trailer was prohibitive. I also wanted something relatively light (Ford F150), simple systems, and well built, good track record of quality and service, and not going to break the bank. Went with a Northstar Freedom - and have been totally satisfied. My trips are weekenders or a week at a time. Just the two of us, and maybe one or two others - max - (small kids only).

Your needs seem to dictate more creature comforts - and I know there are large TC's with some of the amenities you want. But it boils down to YOUR needs and uses.

It is obvious that we can certainly tow more than we can haul in the bed of a truck. You can pull more space and options (weight) than your truck can haul.

When we were picking up our TC at the dealer (Chesapeake RV Solutions in Virginia) we had the opportunity to see the other trailers on the lot. Those 5th wheel trailers were like towing your house around with you. My wife kept saying, "we could live in this all year" - some had fireplaces. Absolutely beautiful trailers. Just did not suit our needs.

I failed to mention that maintenance on my TC is minimal!!!

Again, it boils down to what YOU need. Make a list of "gotta haves". Things you must have and will not settle without. If you need to tow a boat or other - then trailers are out. Once your list is complete, your choice should be relatively easy. If its a tie between a TC and 5th, I would go with a TC. Even though you may not need the ability to tow a boat, you may SOMEDAY! :-)

Good luck on your search.

John

#19 OFFLINE   sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 1975 posts
  • Local time: 12:58 PM
  • Interests:RV'IN', CAMPIN', SOCKEYE FISHIN' & JUST PLAIN HAVIN' FUN....
  • Camper Brand:CITATION SUPREME 26 RKS 5'TH WHEEL
  • Truck Make & Model:CHEVY SILVERADO K2500HD DURAMAX/ALLISON
  • Name (Public):STEVE

Posted 15 August 2009 - 07:43 AM

What better place to ask the advantages of truck camper than a truck camper forum :)

I have had both on a Chevy Duramax K2500HD with our present RV being a 26', 5th wheel trailer by Citation with a full slide.

First and foremost it's like comparing apples and oranges. IMHO, there is no comparison.

After a long hard days drive and then finding an illusive campsite in the rain you park your fifth wheel and get in outta the rain, into a unit that does not relegate you to either the bed or the dinette like is the case with a TC. Very little or no levelling is required of a 5'er. Weight is no longer an issue with the size of 5'er you're quoting. It takes way more time to off load a TC then it does to unhook a 5'er = 5 mins, TC = minimum 15-20 mins, that is if the campground will allow you to off load your TC. Man if you find a TC with a slide at a weight of only 3000lbs then you're the luckiest soul on earth. I would hazard a guess to say a decent sized TC of any quality with a slide weighs minimum 3800lbs dry. TCs have their attributes in that you can tow a boat, utility trailer, what have you behind your unit. They can get in and outta spots that a 5'er can't but then again, I haven't found one yet that is worth going into. Ease of storage at home since they don't take up much space. Very compact and self contaned "IF" your truck has the cargo carrying capacity to carry all that you want in it + full fresh water tank!!! Some here tow trailers to carry a lot of extras and take the load off the truck. IMHO, this is totally defeating the purpose of this units prime reason for being = self contained.

5'er attributes = tons of storage space. Lots of fresh water capacity = 60gals in our unit, as well as large holding tanks 25 + 35gals. Some units have 2 x grey tanks as well as a black tank. Lots of room to move around in especially during inclement weather. 30lb propane tanks x 2. All weight specs well within limits since most of the units weight is on its own axles. Depending on the unit you decide pin weight on the hitch can vary from as little as 1200lbs to 2000lbs. UNLIKE a TC, the GVWR is now a non-issue. Your concern is now the GCVWR = gross combined vehicle weight rating = my trucks maximum = 22,000lbs and my actual weight of both 5'er + truck = 18,000lbs. I am able to get this figure by weighng each axle and totalling all these weights. You can get this done at a gov't axle weigh scale. You also have a larger fridge capacity 8cubic ft as opposed to 6, full bathroom with tub/shower, larger bedroom and some have slideouts. Many more interior cupboards to keep the Mrs happy and lots more lighting.

Overall we did enjoy our TC very much although like any small unit the negatives really standout. Our 5'er has it's moments as well like when you're stuck in traffic on the I-5 and want to change lanes to exit and no one is in the mood to let you in. If you have a growing family the fiver will suit you best as was the case of a close relative of mine who just traded his 9.5' Citation Supreme TC in for a Triple E Topaz 25' fifth wheel with slide. His truck is a 2001 F-350 4x4 SRW diesel = 7.3 liter Powerstroke.

This is all I can think of for now and hope this helps you out...................Steve...

#20 OFFLINE   Muskie David

Muskie David

Grand Potentate

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Local time: 09:58 AM
  • State/Province or Region:VA
  • Interests:Fishing
  • Camper Brand:Lance 1191
  • Truck Make & Model:08 Ford F-450
  • Name (Public):David Botkin

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

We full-timed in a 5th wheel for 2 years, and now have a TC. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to your questions, both units have many pluses and minuses. The reason we went with a TC this time is the ability to tow the boat, and we would only be doing short trips (weeks), not months. The only other criteria I had was a dry shower; we had a wet shower in a TC back in the mid 70s and I didn't want that again.

If I interpret your original post correctly, this would be a one time cross country trip for you. Either unit would work and you should have a great time.
David
Central Virginia
'08 F-450 diesel
'07 Lance 1191
'00 Triton 205 w/Mercury 200EFI
'09 Porta-Bote

http:// border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /> http:// border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /> http:// border="0" class="linked-sig-image" />

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sign In